PDA

View Full Version : question about exclusive game codes

Vader XXX
06-28-2007, 08:28 AM
I was wanting to know if anyone can confirm or deny what I've heard about the incentive in-game codes that can be used with this game. I have heard that if you bought this game at Target you will get a code to unlock the classic Generation 1 skins aka Optimus Prime as a red/blue shortnose semi. I have also heard that if you bought the exclusive Gamestop Cybertron edition you get codes to unlock exclusive Cybertron levels. Finally, I have heard a rumor that if someone gives you these codes you can acess the content with a plain jane version of the game ala Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I was seriously considering buying this game used from Gamefly when I get it if I like it being that I am a really big fan of Generation 1 Transformers but I'm not sure which version to buy because I really want the above mentioned content. If anyone can give me any information it would be very much appreciated.
:woop::woop::woop:

WarriorPriest13
06-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I was wanting to know if anyone can confirm or deny what I've heard about the incentive in-game codes that can be used with this game. I have heard that if you bought this game at Target you will get a code to unlock the classic Generation 1 skins aka Optimus Prime as a red/blue shortnose semi. I have also heard that if you bought the exclusive Gamestop Cybertron edition you get codes to unlock exclusive Cybertron levels. Finally, I have heard a rumor that if someone gives you these codes you can acess the content with a plain jane version of the game ala Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I was seriously considering buying this game used from Gamefly when I get it if I like it being that I am a really big fan of Generation 1 Transformers but I'm not sure which version to buy because I really want the above mentioned content. If anyone can give me any information it would be very much appreciated.
:woop::woop::woop:

Nyone I know that got the Cybertron edition (including myself) did not get anycode. It is suppose to unlock when you finish the missions for that faction.

W. Samuel Jones III
06-28-2007, 05:52 PM
I believe if you use the cheat code it will disable your achievements.

This has been discussed in another Transformers thread.

WarriorPriest13
06-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I believe if you use the cheat code it will disable your achievements.

This has been discussed in another Transformers thread.

It is?? Can you provide a link please??
I have the CE edition for Transformers and there is no code for the extra levels. It is built into the game. IF someone has anything that is different please let me know, cuase i would hate to get to the bonus level and not be able to play it.

Vader XXX
06-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. Just a note for anyone curious: I found out about the Target exclusive code on page 9 of the latest EGM (has Bioshock on the cover). It refers to some decoder to find the exclusive hidden code to unlock the Generation 1 skins.

Jamiemadroxxx
06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
I have the Cybertron Edition and, yes, there is a code. It's on the Comic Book. The bad part is, they aren't exclusive (I don't believe) seeing as how I didn't enter the code, but still played the two Cybertron levels. And, yes, they absolutely will disable your achievements^^

WarriorPriest13
06-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I have the Cybertron Edition and, yes, there is a code. It's on the Comic Book. The bad part is, they aren't exclusive (I don't believe) seeing as how I didn't enter the code, but still played the two Cybertron levels. And, yes, they absolutely will disable your achievements^^

Well I will be you are right. I never even noticed it till I was reading the book and happen to put it back in the case. Then I get on here and see your reply. ;) I will have to tell my friend not to use it. I think I will have a word with my buddy at gamestop that told us it is in the game. ;)

Yo Yo Yoshi
06-30-2007, 03:25 PM
yea I have the game from target and it has the decoder thing to unlock generation 1 skins but i have no idea where to enter it at.

WarriorPriest13
06-30-2007, 03:47 PM
You don't have to enter the codes in that is the great thing. The cybertron level opens once you beat the regular missions. I beat The decepticonmissions at 100% and it unlocked 2 G1 skins. Megs as G1 and G1 color Starscream repaint. I am assuming that when you beat the Autobots with 100% you get 2 more and the last one when you are 100% for the whole game.

Vader XXX
07-01-2007, 07:20 AM
So I am under the impression now with the information you guys have given me is that you do not need either the Cybertron edition or the Target version to play the Cybertron levels/ unlock Generation 1 skins. Rather one just needs to play the regular version of the game and finish it to unlock all the bonus goodies. Let the record show that while I will strive for 1000 GS in this game, my first priority was to get the version that had the most bonus content being that I am a die hard Generation 1 fan. I want to play every level possible and be able to have the G1 skins, too. Thanks again to everyone that has replied to my inquiry thus far.

:bow::bow::bow:

WarriorPriest13
07-01-2007, 12:33 PM
So I am under the impression now with the information you guys have given me is that you do not need either the Cybertron edition or the Target version to play the Cybertron levels/ unlock Generation 1 skins. Rather one just needs to play the regular version of the game and finish it to unlock all the bonus goodies. Let the record show that while I will strive for 1000 GS in this game, my first priority was to get the version that had the most bonus content being that I am a die hard Generation 1 fan. I want to play every level possible and be able to have the G1 skins, too. Thanks again to everyone that has replied to my inquiry thus far.

:bow::bow::bow:

Freedom is the right of all....blah balh blah. LOL! Seriously though you are welcome. As far as the starscream repaint he looks ok in G1 colors. Megs looks kool but instead of transforming he just flies through the air. I can understand though as he would lok silly as a giant gun flying through the air.