View Full Version : COD Throat Mic, any good?

o Gruff o
04-01-2011, 05:38 AM
So i want to get the COD throat mic, but am a little bit apprehensive. Sure, sitting on my sofa in my underpants with one of these will make me feel more of an elite soldier, but are they any good?

Anyone used one or have one?

04-01-2011, 05:49 AM
Sounds super-duper gimmicky and prone to variation in efficacy between people. Also you have an extra http tagged on the end of your link.

Apparently it works but the audio through the earpiece is not good.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-01-2011, 05:57 AM
I've got a friend who uses it only as a last resort. When you talk through it, it sounds all distorted and muffled. It picks up a lot around the room you're in, so if it's loud, everyone will be able to hear it. As for the ear piece, I have no idea.

04-01-2011, 06:07 AM
When you talk through it, it sounds all distorted and muffled.

I would actually disagree with this.
My friend has one and he sounds perfectly clear when using it, more so than with the normal mic, tbh.

The only problem that I find as the listener is that it does seem very sensitive to other noises, like I could hear his dogs and other people when he was using it.

Again, I can't comment on the earpiece, though.

The Sea Trout
04-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I havent used the mic personally but a friends of mine picked one up quite cheap a while back and he said it was rubbish.

04-01-2011, 04:38 PM
my friend says it echos,and is all muffled.

04-01-2011, 08:42 PM
people say they can hardly hear me and its muffled and unclear.
I only use it if my wireless has no charge left.

N7 Av8tion
04-02-2011, 07:26 AM
throat mics are terrible... guy in my clan had one, returned it the next day after we all cussed him out for having it... couldnt understand anything he said...