PDA

View Full Version : DLC Course Pricing

AreUPokey
04-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Does anyone have an explanation for why two of the DLC courses cost more than all the others? Both The Els Club and Greek Isles are 560 points as opposed to the 320 all the other ones cost.

The Greek Isles is a fantasy course so they certainly can't claim that one is a licensing issue.

kentb79
04-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Probably because they're both featured in the season mode schedule and they're figuring more people will buy them because of that. And because EA is a bunch of blood sucking whores.

backofthepack8
04-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm thinking perhaps because those are both new courses this year?

WH Gercain
04-01-2011, 04:37 PM
No I like the blood sucking whore explanation. It is EA kings of the micro transaction. They are probably just seeing if people will pay $7 bucks instead of $4 and if it works they'll raise the price on the other ones!!

kingsnipes186
04-01-2011, 08:22 PM
i think they should have been included in the game.. plus im not about to fork over any money when they dont add more achievements

ryanboals
04-13-2011, 04:55 PM
I just bought the Eagle and Birdie packs it includes all 19 DLC courses

arjb5
05-03-2011, 07:11 PM
i think they should have been included in the game.. plus im not about to fork over any money when they dont add more achievements

IF they did decide to add achievements for the DLC, what would be they be?? Do you want them course specific?? Not all DLC includes "extra" achievements for many games still and that is fine if you really enjoy the game. But if you are looking for new achievements to justify the extra $$ put into your game Tiger Woods games have never done that....:confused:

surreal_82
05-28-2011, 12:14 PM
I just bought the Eagle and Birdie packs it includes all 19 DLC courses

i was looking to do that but i got the game new for 25 squid so another 4000ms points ( which is the cost of both the packs) seems a bit extreme to me, but i do miss the predator course from back in the day.

Natetendo83
06-01-2011, 06:21 PM
I got the birdie pack for now. Might get Eagle if it's DotW or drops in price ever.

neverendr
06-03-2011, 02:20 AM
It's typical EA wallet pillaging, and the fact that they held out courses that have been in most of the tiger games (Bethpage Black anyone? It's my favorite course ffs).. I couldn't give a good goddamn about the fantasy courses, from my experience with them in previous versions of the game. I'm glad Gamestop had a weekend sale for "rewards" members, so I got the game for $59 - $20 reward member discount - $10 from a reward point coupon I used, so it really only cost me $29 plus a few game purchases worth of reward points, which I get for free just for using my card. I think I'd be pretty upset had I spent $60 on the game when it came out, it didn't even come with a damned instruction manual...I had planned to pick up a used copy for $30 with the reward discount and a $25 off a used game point redemption, hell, I still have nearly 48,000 points and I buy coupons with them pretty frequently.

Playing the Masters is admittedly a pretty interesting new gameplay element, but it's not so different from any other tournament...it seems that PGA is going the way of NFL, with a tiny graphical overhaul and they mix up the courses and player stats a bit...I don't like the ms points for clubs and equipment either, anyone who wants to spend $40 on points can dominate with the ridiculous caddy online, it's to the point that players who put in the time to earn their stats and gear have no advantage whatsoever over the person who buy all their stuff with points. I guess it's their money to spend on whatever they wish, I just don't care for the fact that it affects me - though I have something like 9000 ms points left - points cards were a very popular gift for me at Christmas and earlier this month for my birthday, I still have quite a few 1600s and a few 4000s I haven't redeemed yet, I just choose not to spend them on ingame items I can earn on my own.

Cest la vie.