PDA

View Full Version : Achievements on Facebook

Johnnyboy
04-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Is it possible to get your achievements to pop up on your Facebook wall once achieved?....I have my Gamecard linked and thats all it seems to let me do...

my_box_72
04-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Is it possible to get your achievements to pop up on your Facebook wall once achieved?....I have my Gamecard linked and thats all it seems to let me do...

There is a availible App on facebook that show's your gamercard and any updated achievements you've earned on your said games , now you can publish your new achievements once you earned them on your wall

But most of the times the App ain't working properly ( so have patience) now you cannot get them to pop up like they do on the games that you play on your 360

Here the App page mate >>> http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Xbox.360.Live.Gamercard

Johnnyboy
04-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Thankyou. I have that app, I think! But the achievements never seem to pop up....shame really as the, dare I say it, PS3 has that sorted.....as my son keeps rubbing into my skin! Lets hope they fix it soon.

my_box_72
04-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Thankyou. I have that app, I think! But the achievements never seem to pop up....shame really as the, dare I say it, PS3 has that sorted.....as my son keeps rubbing into my skin! Lets hope they fix it soon.

LOL couldn't agree more with ya mate , here's hoping ....

Johnnyboy
04-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Just tried to re-install the app....comes up with an error when trying to add the 'Add profile Tab'

Oh well...

my_box_72
04-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Just tried to re-install the app....comes up with an error when trying to add the 'Add profile Tab'

Oh well...

Noticed that too when I'm trying to see who's playing online or publishing my achievments on my wall :( oh well Patience is a Virtue "

andami
04-02-2011, 12:54 AM
If you have Raptr, you can link that to your facebook and it updates your FB page with achievements.

iCY Se7en
04-02-2011, 09:25 AM
If you click the Xbox 360 Live Gamercard app on the left hand side it should be on Facebook then click gamercard then update at the top it should say republish achievements to feed or publish achivements in a blue rectangular box

Seraph Xii
04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
I have that app too and it's the same, it only really seems to update my online status so my wall is filled with: "Seraph Xii iiX last seen playing Halo: Reach" etc...

Johnnyboy
04-02-2011, 11:00 PM
There is a way to manually update your latest achievements....if you load the app onto facebook, then goto the app....you have a small update button at the top of the screen, click it and they then post to your wall.....not ideal but its a start......come on peoppl sort so they post as you achieve them!! :)

VladimirK
04-02-2011, 11:22 PM
If you have Raptr, you can link that to your facebook and it updates your FB page with achievements.

The one on FB is bollocks.

Quoted post got it right, Raptr (http://www.raptr.com) works every time.
Plus it has some interesting stats if you're into all that.

Johnnyboy
04-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Sorry for sounding dumb...what is Raptr?

VladimirK
04-02-2011, 11:42 PM
It's some thing you sign up to online and you sync your 360 tag to it.

So every time you unlock an achievement or play a game, it will detect that and post it to the Raptr feed, you can then choose which of this you want to automatically share on Facebook.

Johnnyboy
04-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Thankyou :)

la_faker_81
04-03-2011, 07:33 AM
I had this on my facebook but if you earn a lot of achievements like me, people on your friends list start to get sick of your awesomeness haha! People complained to me that their wall was full of "Achievement unlocked" hahahaaha.

Worhammer
04-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I had this on my facebook but if you earn a lot of achievements like me, people on your friends list start to get sick of your awesomeness haha! People complained to me that their wall was full of "Achievement unlocked" hahahaaha.
Apparently your friends don't know how to use the "block application" button?

Not that hard. Several of mine have mentioned having to use it on Raptr cause of me :P

sullyvan
04-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I use raptr, it publishes my achievements and what game i'm currently playing.

Tyrion619
04-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I use the XBox 360 Live app.....but linking Raptr is waaaay better.

Speaking of which....my Raptr name is R8der8180....hit me up. ;P

Now I'm just waiting for a Raptr Android app.

Yannie Boy
04-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Just like mentioned. Been using Raptr since they first launched. Works the best out of them all.

Snowwwwy
04-04-2011, 07:19 AM
I heard that the app that allows for this to work is glitchy. Dont quote me on this tho cos its just what Ive heard.

Exusia83
04-09-2011, 11:56 PM
had that really bad facebook app all the time, but now i'll switch to raptr as well.
seems to be a lot nicer.

Johnnyboy
04-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Finally got Raptr to work and is posting my achievements nicely :) Woo Hoo!

DBurchHero
04-13-2011, 10:51 PM
please teach me how lol

Snowwwwy
04-13-2011, 11:58 PM
I dont know how its done, but it is possible, cos Ive seen people do it.

Andreas_loel
04-14-2011, 05:02 AM

So you were planned on getting ignored by your entire friendslist?

Might be slightly worse than the "Just did this" bla bla every 15 mins some morons continue with

Johnnyboy
04-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Follow this....it worked for me!

There's a lot of different reasons that this could be happening, but knowing that your Tweets are making it to twitter helps narrow it down considerably.

This does however sound like either a problem with your Facebook settings on Raptr, or Permissions on Facebook's side. I really suspect the Facebook side of things more, but let's just lay out a complete troubleshoot for you to follow ;-)

Check your Sharing settings here on the Raptr Website
1) Click on the settings link in the upper right portion of any Raptr web page
2) On the settings page, click the Sharing link on the left side.
3) On the Sharing page, click on 'Change' that appears to the right of Facebook Connect
4) On the Facebook screen, select all the options you want and click the 'Save' button inside the Facebook panel....... not the 'save changes' button at the bottom of the Sharing page.

Now that those settings are either set, or double checked, do something that will cause a tweet/Facebook post (start a game, change your status, etc) based on your settings from the process above. The post should show up on Facebook within @5 minutes. If it doesn't proceed to the next process below for more troubleshooting.

Check your application permissions on Facebook.
1) Go to http://www.facebook.com (http://www.facebook.com/) and log in to your account
2) Once logged into Facebook, click on the 'Account' pull down menu in the upper right corner of your page and select 'application settings'.
3) On the applications settings, find the Raptr Connection entry, and click the 'Edit Settings' link
4) When the 'Edit Raptr Connection Settings' dialog appears, click on the 'Additional Permissions' tab
5) On the Additional Permissions tab, you should have 2 items listed.... Publish to streams, and Receive updates to my Facebook contact email address. Be sure they're both checked and click the 'Okay' button.

If you actually made some changes in the steps above, then you can again test your changes by launching a game, changing your status on Raptr or any other activity that would get broadcast to Twitter/Facebook. If this test doesn't work, If you did not have both of the check boxes listed on the Additional Permissions tab discussed above, or don't have anything at all on that tab, you are going to need to follow the process below to completely disconnect Raptr from your Facebook account and then re-enable it.

Remove the Raptr Connection from your Facebook profile:
1) Go to http://www.facebook.com (http://www.facebook.com/) and log in to your account
2) Once logged into Facebook, click on the 'Account' pull down menu in the upper right corner of your page and select 'application settings'.
3) On the applications settings, find the Raptr Connection entry, and click the 'Edit Settings' link
4) When the 'Edit Raptr Connection Settings' window appears, Uncheck all checkboxes on both tabs.
5) Click the 'Okay' button to go back to the Applications Settings page, and then click the 'X' to the right of Raptr Connection to remove it from your profile.

Remove your Facebook account bindings on the Raptr site:
2) On the settings page, click the 'Disconnect Facebook' link that appears on the 'About You' page.
3) Click OK to confirm that you want to disconnect Facebook.

Now that you have completely removed the Raptr Connection, follow the process below to re-enable the Facebook support for your Raptr profile.

2) On the settings>About you page, click the big blue 'Connect with Facebook button'
3) When the Log in to Raptr Connect window appears, click the 'connect' button
4) the next window should be requesting special permissions for the Raptr Connection. You will receive 2 windows, one will as to publish to your stream, the other will ask about updating Raptr regarding your contact email address on Facebook. You must approve publishing to your stream, or Raptr will not be able to post to your profile.

** Special Note ** Once you click the 'connect with Facebook' button, all of the resulting screens you will see are coming from Facebook not Raptr. One of the most common problems with these screens is that they are not sized correctly and you sometimes will not be able to see the buttons you need to click to approve special permissions. To correct this, simply click anywhere inside the window and hit the Tab key on your keyboard 4 times. This should scroll you to where these buttons are. Closing these windows without approving permissions will block Raptr from being able to post to your Facebook profile.

Once you've followed the processes above, you can once again retest by launching a game or changing your status on Raptr (depending on your sharing settings) and it should appear on Facebook within approximately 5 minutes.

Hopefully this process outlined above will help get you going again. Let us know if you have problems with anything above, or if you need any additional help!

vLotus
04-19-2011, 12:32 AM
My fb app only shows that iv been on not my achievements

Johnnyboy
04-20-2011, 05:20 PM
You have to edit the settings, via raptr/facebook to publish achievements also.

DENAz666
04-21-2011, 03:05 AM
Sweet, i've been wondering why that stupid facebook app was playing up! Awesome to know that I can link my raptr account, i think I'll just do that instead :) Cheers fellas!

Coadster1
04-21-2011, 03:18 AM
Yeah, I think Raptr would work the best. Just create an account if you don't have one already and link your Facebook. You are then given a few options of what all you want to be posted on your wall.