PDA

View Full Version : Arcade games?

TheOceanHasEyes
04-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Do all arcade games download to the harddrive, or do some download to the xbox or something?
Because when I put my hard drive in a friends xbox, some arcade games say "play trial", y'know?

Shinobi273
04-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Arcade games download to a hard drive. Arcade consoles have a small internal hard drive I think. Your games will say trial unless the gamertag that downloaded them is signed in and connected to the internet or the arcade game was originally downloaded to the console. You can also transfer the licenses by using the migration tool and redownloading the games however this can only be done once every 12 months.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/FAQ

TheOceanHasEyes
04-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Arcade games download to a hard drive. Arcade consoles have a small internal hard drive I think. Your games will say trial unless the gamertag that downloaded them is signed in and connected to the internet or the arcade game was originally downloaded to the console. You can also transfer the licenses by redownloading the games however this can only be done once every 6(?) months.
Ah, alright thanks bro. So if I take my hard drive to my friends and download an arcade game on his xbox, I can take it home and still be able to play the full game?

katesith
04-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Arcade games download to a hard drive. Arcade consoles have a small internal hard drive I think. Your games will say trial unless the gamertag that downloaded them is signed in and connected to the internet or the arcade game was originally downloaded to the console. You can also transfer the licenses by redownloading the games however this can only be done once every 6(?) months.

Basically what he said but what I was informed was that the licenses were once a year.

If you want some recommendations here's a list of mine:

Pacman Championship Edition DX
Battlefield 1943
Harm's Way (Free and Easy 200)
Monday Night Combat
Super Meat Boy
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
LIMBO
Castle Crashers
N+
The Maw
Peggle
Uno

And to answer your last question; Yes as long as your account is the one that bought it.

Shinobi273
04-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Play while connected to the internet (xbox LIVE) and signed in and it will work just fine.

Yeah I checked it and it's 12 months. I left a link to the transfer FAQ.

Delboy
04-02-2011, 10:31 AM
It downloads to the HHD however your XBox can't recognise it is a full game because of console ID.