PDA

View Full Version : putting

goofycj311
04-02-2011, 09:20 PM
just got this game...putting is really killing me because apparently putting it where the caddy tells you doesnt work. can someone suggest something for me?

XxBlueSpade2xX
04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
I had the same problem. It's not so much the caddy but how well you use the left stick. The margin for error is huge. You've got to go straight down and up. Practice.

Stewie Griffin2
04-03-2011, 12:05 AM
I hated it for the first 5-10 rounds. Now it's not a big deal as I've gotten used to it.

My only advice is to put all of your XP into swing plane on the putting tab (not on the power tab, mind you) until it's maxed out. You can take it back down once you start getting pro shop items to boost it.

The second thing I put points into is putting focus to increase the size of the sweet spot, which makes it easier to focus on making a straight putt.

Lastly, your caddie will get better when you start raising your mastery of the course. Just check in the caddie book during the round to see what you need to do to level up your mastery of the course. Bronze will come pretty naturally, as will the silver. Gold is a little tougher, mostly because I never leave myself 50 feet from the cup for the 50 foot putt.

blueyoda
04-03-2011, 08:15 PM
never been good at putting, so this thread is "putting" (sorry) lol me right off the idea of getting it

Team Penguin
04-03-2011, 08:20 PM
never been good at putting, so this thread is "putting" (sorry) lol me right off the idea of getting it

This is why they need to create a Pun committee or Pun police to regulate these bad puns.........