PDA

View Full Version : sponsors.

GDMFS0AB
04-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Can someone tell me the objectives for the ping sponsorship to reach level 4, also for nike too. thanks

nastymastadaddy
04-02-2011, 11:58 PM
nike level 4 are
win the masters with all nike clubs
play 10 pga tour events using all nike clubs
hole in one
win the masters with nike ball
become number 1 in rankings

ping level 4 are
win major using ping putter
hit shot out of bunker landing within 2 feet of hole
earn 800 fedex cup points
win 2 major's
place top 5 in 3 consecutive pga tour events

Stewie Griffin2
04-02-2011, 11:58 PM
I know that Nike requires an ace for level 4. As far as Ping, I just started working of level 1 and it requires you to hole out with a Ping iron (not a wedge), which is almost as tough as the ace.

The rest of them will have to be filled in by someone else, but those are the 2 that are tough.

tazmad
04-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Good info guys, my question is if you have 1 objective left and you move to another sponsor and you do the objective for the other one will it still give it to you.

E.G : if I need to hole out with an iron with ping clubs and I have got nike sponsorship and I hole out with ping iron will it give it to me.

Team Penguin
04-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Good info guys, my question is if you have 1 objective left and you move to another sponsor and you do the objective for the other one will it still give it to you.

E.G : if I need to hole out with an iron with ping clubs and I have got nike sponsorship and I hole out with ping iron will it give it to me.

I'm pretty sure you have to have that sponsor active for the challenge to count. So you would have to hole out with an iron with ping clubs while having the Ping sponsor active. Almost 100% sure, but not 100% sure.

tazmad
04-03-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to have that sponsor active for the challenge to count. So you would have to hole out with an iron with ping clubs while having the Ping sponsor active. Almost 100% sure, but not 100% sure.

Yeah I thought that it would be the way but just want to know for sure. I am finding it hard to hole out with an iron, easy with a wedge. Does anyone know if a chip with an iron counts.

Stewie Griffin2
04-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Yeah I thought that it would be the way but just want to know for sure. I am finding it hard to hole out with an iron, easy with a wedge. Does anyone know if a chip with an iron counts.

Don't see why it wouldn't, but can't confirm one way or the other as I never play chip shots. Unless it specifically says to do it from a certain distance (Taylor Made level 4) or with a full swing, then it shouldn't matter what type of shot you're playing.

One thing I do know is that none of it can be done during sponsor challenges. I holed out half a dozen times in different sponsor challenges while I had the Taylor Made sponsor level 1 active, but didn't actually advance it until I did it in a tournament.

nastymastadaddy
04-03-2011, 03:25 AM
All sponsor challenges have to be done during tournament play. Yes a chip in with a iron would count as long as you use an iron. You have to have the sponsor active for it to count towards it. Also if you switch sponsors say while you are going for winning 2 majors and have won one already it resets back to 0 majors if you switch sponsors. However objectives that are checked off as complete will not reset.

tazmad
04-03-2011, 04:21 AM
All sponsor challenges have to be done during tournament play. Yes a chip in with a iron would count as long as you use an iron. You have to have the sponsor active for it to count towards it. Also if you switch sponsors say while you are going for winning 2 majors and have won one already it resets back to 0 majors if you switch sponsors. However objectives that are checked off as complete will not reset.

Thanks man for the info.

nastymastadaddy
04-03-2011, 05:06 PM
even tho PW comes under irons section i holed out 2times with it and nothing
easy way to do this is get close to green on fringe and use custom shot get a 9I chip and just chip it in
another easy way depending how your clubs are tuned, use a 3wood from tee should leave u about
130-170yards to pin perfect distant to hole out. when zoomed in to hole hit Y to target hole, think u can only do this on pro settings

if u switch sponsers before u completed all sponsor challangers u will loose everything u got,

I don't think you will loose it if its checked off as done. I could be mistaken but I don't think so. You only loose progress towards winning events objectives.

smellysoc1
04-05-2011, 09:15 PM
does buying the sponsor level 4 via ms points effect the achievement?