PDA

View Full Version : Playing Original Xbox Games

Venomized
04-03-2011, 01:51 AM
A big problem I have about the xbox 360 is that you can't talk to people while playing original xbox games. Why not? Why can't you go in a party or use the guide system? They should really fix that because I would play quite a few of the original xbox games I own a lot more. I get bored playing it by myself and not talking to anyone.

Opinions anyone? Though I am sure a lot of you don't care cause you dont play original xbox games anymore. And if anyone out there is from microsoft and reads this, please make it so you can talk to people online while playing original xbox games!

And while I am at it, what are some original xbox games you guys still play?

Some of mine are:

Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2

McGoogles
04-03-2011, 02:01 AM
I agree.

I still play Halo 2, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Close Combat: First to Fight.

Venomized
04-03-2011, 02:05 AM
I agree.

I still play Halo 2, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Close Combat: First to Fight.

I love Chaos Theory! One of my favourite games ever. Especially for the MP. The Campaign was great too.

I also love Halo 2. It was my favorite Halo. Campaign was pretty good but I loved the MP. Even the custom games are more fun than reach and halo 3 imo. Zombies and Cops and robbers back in those days were great.

institutions
04-03-2011, 02:20 AM
The only Xbox originals I have are Halo: CE, Halo 2, Fable, and Fable: TLC.

Not quite sure why you can't talk to people and play originals. I can't really think of a reason not to allow it.

Venomized
04-03-2011, 02:22 AM
The only Xbox originals I have are Halo: CE, Halo 2, Fable, and Fable: TLC.

Not quite sure why you can't talk to people and play originals. I can't really think of a reason not to allow it.

Same. That is why they should fix it and allow it. Talking to people while playing games usually makes it a lot more enjoyable. Socializing with people is just more fun, even if it is over xbox =p

quickhhh
04-03-2011, 02:28 AM
Well, since all the online components are now disabled on the original Xbox I don't see why not. It couldn't be done before since the original Xbox could still could go online. I also think MS should do an update and add more games to be backwards compatible. I would love to be able to play timesplitters future perfect again.

Floorkiller
04-03-2011, 02:59 AM
I never owned an original X-Box (Just got a 360 in Oct, my 1st system since Dreamcast)

I have
Halo
Halo 2
Fable: TLC
The Thing (Xmas gift @2002, finally got to play!)

Jondude20
04-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Yeah, they should add the Xbox live party chat and other similar features while playing regular Xbox games. And when is SW: Battlefront 3 coming out for next gen consoles??? Haha, you mentioning the original Battlefront games brings back so many fond memories!

Venomized
04-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Yeah, they should add the Xbox live party chat and other similar features while playing regular Xbox games. And when is SW: Battlefront 3 coming out for next gen consoles??? Haha, you mentioning the original Battlefront games brings back so many fond memories!

I dont know if it will ever come out. It was in development at one point and there was a leaked video LONG time ago. But then Pandemic gave up on it and someone else took it up I believe. And then I believe Pandemic wanted it back. That's all I remember. I might be wrong about the last part tho. But there has still been no official dates or footage or information. They would make so much money making the game. I don't know why they don't. I would buy 10 copies if they would make the game already! Just to encourage them!

KillerChris8814
04-03-2011, 04:14 AM
I still play both the original Halo games but can't on my 360 I have an old hd and some of the sectors are going bad and at least ons in the backwards compatability area, so I have to play them on my original xbox.

darktears88
04-03-2011, 04:27 AM
i wish they would update origionals and add achivments

cutchinz
04-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Dude I was just thinking that a couple of days ago! I was playing Blinx! One of my very very favorite games ever :woop:My other favorites are the Battlefront series, Halo obviously, the old Splinter Cells, and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb :woop:

Venomized
04-03-2011, 08:28 AM
i wish they would update origionals and add achivments

That would be freaking awesome. Like just give them 12 achievements worth 200GS in total like arcades. All offline of course.

I hate you. Now I am upset =(

I'll feel a bit better if they make it so I can talk to people!

I don't want to play KOTOR if I cant talk to anyone

Vanilla Coke Zero
04-03-2011, 08:53 AM
KOTOR is terrible on the 360. it's one of the shoddiest ports i've ever played. the PC version is better by a wide margin, and you don't even need a good PC to play it. but yeah, that shit grinds my gears, not being to chat or be in a party while playing original xbox games.

duff28
04-03-2011, 01:27 PM
I still play GTA San Andreas, would be cool if you could be connected online and play but Microsoft says no

but yeah, that shit grinds my gears

There wouldnt have been a better time to quote Mr Griffin than that time right there ;)

balance13
04-03-2011, 05:37 PM
It's because the games aren't programed to use a lot of the 360 features, which is why you can't even use the dashboard while your playing them. If they were going to add these features in then they might as well just remake the entire game.

Only original Xbox games I still play are Halo and Halo 2

Cantz
04-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I find it hard to go back and play xbox originals when I have friends online to talk to but if I do it's typically Guilty Gear XX Accent Core. I still love Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and the original Fable and will occasionally toss in one of the old Halo games to dash through the camapaigns but many of the games I liked to play have no backwards compatibility.

Venomized
04-07-2011, 01:48 AM
I find it hard to go back and play xbox originals when I have friends online to talk to but if I do it's typically Guilty Gear XX Accent Core. I still love Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and the original Fable and will occasionally toss in one of the old Halo games to dash through the camapaigns but many of the games I liked to play have no backwards compatibility.

Thats what I mean. Its nice to talk to people while playing a game. And someitmes gets boring if you dont have someone to talk to.