PDA

View Full Version : GameStop power sale

EliteShadowMan
04-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Does anyone know about this?

Apparently there has been quite a few price drops in games recently. I got Batman AA: GOTY yesterday for 20 dollars instead of the 30 dollar price. Majin is on sale for 15 dollars, i don't have money right now but will on Monday. Does anyone know how long this sale goes on for?

BPBJessePMG
04-03-2011, 05:34 AM
Does anyone know about this?

Apparently there has been quite a few price drops in games recently. I got Batman AA: GOTY yesterday for 20 dollars instead of the 30 dollar price. Majin is on sale for 15 dollars, i don't have money right now but will on Monday. Does anyone know how long this sale goes on for?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/powersaver/pss_main_xbox360.aspx

There is a link to the games on sale. It lasts till the 24th. I got an email from having the power ups reward card. Hoped I helped. Here's the what the email said:

POWER SAVER SALE!
Friday, April 1 through Sunday, April 24, score great deals and spring savings with the GameStop Power Saver Sale!
Full Details

Hope that helped.

Jondude20
04-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Is the Power-up rewards card thing even worth it? Gamestop seems to rip people off IMO, because the other day I tried to sell an xbox 360 wired headset (still working) and they only offered me $2.50 for it!!

But to answer you're question, they are having a sale right now:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/powersaver/pss_main_all.aspx

EliteShadowMan
04-03-2011, 05:43 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/powersaver/pss_main_xbox360.aspx

There is a link to the games on sale. It lasts till the 24th. I got an email from having the power ups reward card. Hoped I helped. Here's the what the email said:

POWER SAVER SALE!
Friday, April 1 through Sunday, April 24, score great deals and spring savings with the GameStop Power Saver Sale!
Full Details

Hope that helped.

alright thanks for that! i was worried i wouldn't be able to pick majin up for cheap.

Is the Power-up rewards card thing even worth it? Gamestop seems to rip people off IMO, because the other day I tried to sell an xbox 360 wired headset (still working) and they only offered me $2.50 for it!!

If you get the card and trade in games and stuff quite a bit it's worth it as you make quite a bit more with trade ins if you have the card, plus you get used games for cheaper and it's kind of like Best Buys reward program where if you get enough points you can get something off the site.

Worhammer
04-03-2011, 06:05 AM

I get it for the magazine. I never trade in games, so I don't use that part of it, but the idea of getting rewards for games I would already buy kind of helps with that. So when I must have a new game right away, and I want the pre-order bonuses (which is often....) I buy it there.

Starstrukk X360A
04-03-2011, 08:56 AM
30 bucks for a DJ Hero 2 bundle?

I'm so calling dibs on that.

Mongolian Beef
04-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Stopped by my local GS to try and pick up new copies of New Vegas CE and Borderlands GOTY but they didn't have either of them (even though their inventory tracker says they're in-stock). Actually they had 1 "new" New Vegas CE but it was missing the chips and cards... yeah, bullshit GS employees suck.

Waste of time and gas money.

This be DMK
04-03-2011, 10:05 AM
I see a few games I'll be picking up, specifically Blur and Borderlands: GOTYE.

HLR zdmetal
04-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Damn, they must be sold out of Borderlands already. Why leave it on the list if I can't add it to my cart? Bastards...

Worhammer
04-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Damn, they must be sold out of Borderlands already. Why leave it on the list if I can't add it to my cart? Bastards...
To taunt you, obviously. :D

Seriously though, it's because you can probably still pick it up in store if you go to a store that still has copies of it.

HLR zdmetal
04-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Too late I already ordered Blur and Majin instead. Couldn't help myself.

Burning Karma
04-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I get it for the magazine. I never trade in games, so I don't use that part of it, but the idea of getting rewards for games I would already buy kind of helps with that. So when I must have a new game right away, and I want the pre-order bonuses (which is often....) I buy it there.
Plus, you get that 10% discount on used stuff.

guillermo316
04-03-2011, 09:20 PM
yeah i got boderlands game of the year edition for 20 dollars

MagicMurderBag7
04-03-2011, 09:24 PM

The rewards points are kind of cool i guess. I have enough right now for a free copy of Plants vs. Zombies or Limbo. I just can't choose lol.
Most of the stuff you can get with the points are old pre-order bonuses that i guess just didn't sell, like the Power Gig T-Shirt.

JT Fever
04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Will these games play in UK

AmbaLaBamba
04-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Will these games play in UK

No, they wont be PAL games. Which is a shame because there are some good deals there, plenty of people missed out on the Play.com sale in the UK due to the fact it wasn't advertised very well and it was only for April Fool's (1st April).

They were selling the full DJ Hero 2 bundle + DJ Hero for just 29.99 amongst some other good deals.

13ip0lar
04-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Good thread! I see a few games I might get there, if they turn out to be the cheapest. I'm looking at AC II, as I just got the first. Batman AA: GOTY 3D for $20!? I definitely might have to get that. Also Borderlands, I had not played but heard it was awesome when played with others online. GOTY for $20?! I think I definitely will be getting that. lol

Thanks again! Just got a new credit card too. Time to build me some credit :D

BlackTitan666
04-04-2011, 02:29 PM
do you have to have the power card to get the games

Spanish Assault
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
we are excited for you...

post here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14631

it's at the top of the page, stickied for a reason.

Vendetta
04-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Fallout: New Vegas Collectors Edition is also on sale for $29.99 (not a part of the Power Saver sale but I think they are clearancing them out).

I had my cousin pick up a 2nd one to keep sealed for me since all of them were gone around me. :D

TemporalWizard
04-06-2011, 04:30 PM
do you have to have the power card to get the games

Yes, you do.