PDA

View Full Version : Stepto’s Blog Handed Over To Hacker – Hacker Boasts on YouTube

Jonathon
04-03-2011, 05:01 PM
http://www.ripten.com/2011/04/03/steptos-blog-handed-over-to-hacker-irony-ensues-brycew/

Goes to show that no ones account is safe from these types of people.

Penguino Rojo
04-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Why did the guy start giving shout outs like its an oscar acceptance speech?

For that matter, why give his user info, wouldn't that make it easier for him to be tracked down and prosecuted?

Jonathon
04-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I don't get it.

snipingheadshot
04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
If anyone can really be hacked, I feel even less comfortable then I did before putting credit card info on my account. Is it really that easy? A friend of mine was threatened in a Black Ops lobby because he was talking shit, and sure enough, the next day his account was hacked and his email and password were changed.

Gun-Nut
04-03-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm surprised this has happened again I mean this guy apparently hacked Major Nelson awhile back since I seen that video and he gave out his info then why would Microsoft have not taken action? I find it hard to believe the guy got Stepto's LIVE Account mainly since I checked it on Xbox.com and its all how it was before the hack so either he got it back real fast or it never happened I would be more impressed seeing the account on the 360 itself I bet I could edit some files to make it look like I've hacked someones account.

I noticed this video was posted on the second so why are we just hearing about it now? seems like something that would spread quicker and no mention of his LIVE Tag being hacked on Twitter but he is talking about how his site has been hacked.

Flik Nightshade
04-03-2011, 06:52 PM
This is what happens when you outsource your fucking customer service / tech support. No one is actually being "hacked", even the article talks about the fact that his XBL account and his domain were obtained by social engineering. This is a massive problem that plagues xbox live and they seem quite unwilling to address the issue even after their two top figure heads have been made an example of by the SAME GUY.

Also, as much as I'm usually against corporations pulling the big brother card, I'm honestly surprised that the lawyers weren't thrown on this kid the first time around. He's committing fraud, plain and simple. Virtual property aside, he's most likely garnered at least a handful of credit cards from this process. Why have they not gone to make an example of him?

Jonathon
04-03-2011, 07:02 PM
This is what happens when you outsource your fucking customer service / tech support. No one is actually being "hacked", even the article talks about the fact that his XBL account and his domain were obtained by social engineering. This is a massive problem that plagues xbox live and they seem quite unwilling to address the issue even after their two top figure heads have been made an example of by the SAME GUY.

Also, as much as I'm usually against corporations pulling the big brother card, I'm honestly surprised that the lawyers weren't thrown on this kid the first time around. He's committing fraud, plain and simple. Virtual property aside, he's most likely garnered at least a handful of credit cards from this process. Why have they not gone to make an example of him?

Exactly, Microsoft should address this issue since it is happening currently and not later when everyone forgets what's happened.

newbsicle
04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
HA! I watched the video and someone on youtube posted the uploaders name and address.

Burning Karma
04-05-2011, 01:10 AM
HA! I watched the video and someone on youtube posted the uploaders name and address.
Fantastic. Needs to be done.

guillermo316
04-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Xbox getting hack oh no! this isnt good barack needs to focus on this, technacally they are terrorist arent they.

AmbaLaBamba
04-05-2011, 03:00 AM
People like this are just silly and looking for trouble, I don't get the excitement behind hacking someones account?

StillTIPPIN187
04-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Lol at everyone who thinks xbox will take actions.

This is to0 petty to take action on.. It'll cost MS more to prosecute this kid.

Do you know how many ppl sell Pirated game and Jtags with pirated game preinstalled every day? The most MS has done is send Cease and Desist letters to the pirates who are found to be selling bootlets.

MS gets jacked accounts back all the time.. This is no different.

The kid is a dumbass anyway, He should have modded the gamerscore.. I have YET to hear of it being possible to unmod gamerscore.. so this would mean Stepto would have to reset himself and lose all the achievements (i doubt he really cares but still) or leave it modded.. which i doubt he would do.

Modding the gamerscore would be the only thing that would truly do anything...

He jacks the account and changes the bio and changes the name to something else then stepto just gets the account back, fixes the bio and changes the name back to stepto..

Im not sure what MS would do if at the exact time he changed the name someone else picked up the name stepto legitely.. Probably just make the guy change it.

But the kid is a dumbass.. You dont go through all this trouble just to do it halfassed..

and really? 35 xboxs? I thought you were speaking of jtag KVs when you talking about being banned.. that made the most sense, but buying 35 xbox is just insane. I woulda been bought a playstation if that were true.

ZackNovak
04-05-2011, 05:55 AM
I don't see the point in hacking but hey, whatever floats your boat.

xtye
04-05-2011, 06:51 AM
Since when does social engineering make anyone a hacker?