PDA

View Full Version : Phil Mickelson's Master Challenge

Snake Eyes
04-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Does any one have any tips on completing Mickelson's Masters challenge? The one how you have to hit of the pine straw.

DeaDMau5
04-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Same Problem, no matter what club/loft/etc. i use he just hits low screamers into Rays creek.

ps. Phil is only 1 of 3 people to win the tourney before the Masters and go on to win the Masters. History will repeat next Sunday.

--------------------------------

Bigger Draw, Tiger Woods
The Bigger Man, Phil Mickelson

Team Penguin
04-04-2011, 12:24 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=302128

This thread has some tips. Beyond those though, I don't think anyone has many ideas.

CanuckLefty
04-04-2011, 12:50 AM
ps. Phil is only 1 of 3 people to win the tourney before the Masters and go on to win the Masters. History will repeat next Sunday.

I hope so, I got him with the third pick in my draft. Weren't there four to do that, however? Snead, Wall, Mickelson.....someone else?

NJAM14Titleist
04-04-2011, 03:00 AM
I hope so, I got him with the third pick in my draft. Weren't there four to do that, however? Snead, Wall, Mickelson.....someone else?

Yes there was a 4th.

DeaDMau5
04-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Got it by bouncing :Bounce:a 3 wood across Ray's Creek. Only when he (caddie) gave me that shot did it work, total luck factor. Mastered...

Sandy Lyle was one of the 3 i had in mind. maybe there was four.

-------------------------------------------

Bigger Draw, Tiger Woods...

The Bigger Man, Phil Mickelson...

x Smythe o
04-04-2011, 10:50 PM
i done it... pure luck tho.. im stuck on that double eagle oneee o.O...

Team Penguin
04-04-2011, 10:58 PM
You could try doing good deeds for people if you believe in karma lol.

ryanboals
04-05-2011, 04:45 AM
The best way to do it is hit it high on the green and let it roll down. I did it with a 3 iron and it seems to get stuck up high for a few seconds then it rolls down next to the pin.

ryanboals
04-05-2011, 04:46 AM

The best way to do this one is to add the 2 and 1 iron into your bag and tune your clubs to have the most loft possible. This gives you the ability to spin the ball more and more options to make the shot instead of having to use fairway woods.

DeaDMau5
04-05-2011, 05:31 AM

NJAM14Titleist
04-05-2011, 10:44 AM
I got it on a bounce like this:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/72573108

xbfrittsox360
04-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I got it on a bounce like this:

Haha wow, nice shot!

NJAM14Titleist
04-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Haha wow, nice shot!

Thanks. I got a lucky bounce after an hour of play.

Snake Eyes
04-06-2011, 12:59 AM
I finally managed to do it I never thought of it at the time to save it as a Gamernet shot as I was to excited so I will try and describe as best as I can what I did hopefully this helps other players.

1) I used a 2 Iron

2) The wind was at my back

3) I hit it at about 105 to 108%

4) I had it roughly aimed at the left side of the green

5) I spun the ball back right the ball then rolled of the slope at the back of green and towards the the yellow circle (The Mastered circle)

iiCalibeRzZ
04-06-2011, 01:22 AM
has anyone done this yet and any tips would me much appreciated if u have!!!!!!!!

iiCalibeRzZ
04-06-2011, 01:24 AM
You could try doing good deeds for people if you believe in karma lol.

might have to try this as everything else does not seem to be working

NJAM14Titleist
04-06-2011, 01:25 AM
has anyone done this yet and any tips would me much appreciated if u have!!!!!!!!

I've done it. Try and play it off the slope as I did below.

RA1NKING
04-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Here is a video on how I did it :

1 : Use a 3 wood
2 : move the cursor a little right
3 : use in between 98 and 100%

YouTube - Phil Mickelson Masters Challenge

tugboatman
04-10-2011, 11:16 PM
go to in your back and put in a 5wood 1I 2I u will find it alot easyer, i used 2I aimed towards center of left bunker, full draw to right and a little loft, try get your aiming circle round about near flag, power depends on your clubs and wind

What I did!!!

ajennice
04-11-2011, 04:25 AM

YouTube - Phil Mickelson Masters Challenge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRcCayd3KWw)

Jesus!!!! think yuo can do it again?? Great shot!!!!!

Trash Man
04-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Got it on my 3rd try.

4 Iron, 118%, right spin on the ball.

The double eagle hole took me like 2 hours tho :/

CanuckLefty
04-23-2011, 12:56 PM
What I did!!!

Me too. Got it on my first try with the 2I after probably 50 tries with the 3I.

RYAN ARKISON
04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
:D:D:D:DI finally managed to do it I never thought of it at the time to save it as a Gamernet shot as I was to excited so I will try and describe as best as I can what I did hopefully this helps other players.

1) I used a 2 Iron

5) I spun the ball back right the ball then rolled of the slope at the back of green and towards the the yellow circle (The Mastered circle)

cheers this just worked for me :D

DMpimp13
04-27-2011, 05:18 PM
after trying a couple times a day for about 2 weeks I finally realized my 3 iron was my best chance(my guy's power was 96 overall) and using the hill to roll back towards the hole. It actually went in the hole too, so I had to save that shot lol, pure luck though.

hairyfingernail
05-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I finally managed to do it I never thought of it at the time to save it as a Gamernet shot as I was to excited so I will try and describe as best as I can what I did hopefully this helps other players.

1) I used a 2 Iron

Brilliant, worked first time, had tried with the 3wood with no luck, first shot with 2 iron got 2 foot away.

Thank you

Mister Macclad
05-07-2011, 09:12 PM

YouTube - Phil Mickelson Masters Challenge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRcCayd3KWw)

Comfortably the best advice. Tried for ages to be clever with the irons with no luck. got it using this method after 7 or 8 attempts. Just keep hitting it in the general area that he does i the video and the ball will bounce towards the pin

cHRiSCOe
05-08-2011, 05:10 PM
This was easy compared to tigers 7 birdies in a row or eagle birdie birdie!. PS got this one first try!

xplanetpiscesx
05-15-2011, 01:19 AM
For those still having trouble with this, here is another method that is fairly easily repeatable if you have max stats & default club tuning:

Select your 3 iron.
Move the loft stick to the far southeast corner (or 22.5 past the hour.)
Select Address then move the aiming marker directly above the flagstick.
Take your shot and get your boost up to 116%.
While the ball is in the air change the spin to due east.

Obviously everything depends on your lie, but what should happen is the ball will land on the green, go screaming across it above the hole, stop, then roll back down the slope towards the hole.

Hope this helps someone. I used Amateur difficulty, but should work on Pro as well.

NJAM14Titleist
05-15-2011, 01:29 AM
For those still having trouble with this, here is another method that is fairly easily repeatable if you have max stats & default club tuning:

Select your 3 iron.
Move the loft stick to the far southeast corner (or 22.5 past the hour.)
Select Address then move the aiming marker directly above the flagstick.
Take your shot and get your boost up to 116%.
While the ball is in the air change the spin to due east.

Obviously everything depends on your lie, but what should happen is the ball will land on the green, go screaming across it above the hole, stop, then roll back down the slope towards the hole.

Hope this helps someone. I used Amateur difficulty, but should work on Pro as well.

I got mine by skipping it across the creek. This sounds like a good method and would be easier.

iZ Future
05-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Sorry for the crappy video, I thought i'd post this. All I did was keep the cursor where it was on a custom shot, change to a 3 wood and boost it til I hit the sand in the creek and it bounced up and went in. Didn't expect it to go in but pretty cool that it did. If you want to see a better video, my GT is iZ Future, and I saved it in the gamernet challenges as Master the Moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/oeclipse0/th_002-1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v356/oeclipse0/?action=view&current=002-1.mp4)

byoung
05-16-2011, 12:32 AM
I thought that I would be working on this one forever, however 2nd attempt, 3 wood with a tad of backspin, skipped right across the creek and rolled to about 2 feet away :uzi:

Natetendo83
05-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I waited until I was leveld up quite a bit and it ended up being pretty easy at that point. Just find the right club and mess with your strike point and try it until you get it.

Just don't give up on it when the ball lands in a seemingly pointless spot, the green is very slanted and the ball can roll forever and end up closer than you think.

jpg30
07-06-2011, 08:06 PM
i got mine by using a caddie shot, he never showed any shots that were on the green but after trying loads of times he set one which was in the small circle so i just matched it and got it.

glad i have done all of those moments now.

olfashionkill
08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
2-iron is the key!

olfashionkill
08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Sorry for the crappy video

nice shot! but kill the DJ

thedave
08-05-2011, 03:35 AM
I read all of the descriptions very quickly, and this seemed like it would be one of the easier ones to get completed (since it only wanted the ball to land X feet away from the pin). I was wrong.
I ended up completing the moment by skipping the ball over the creek, but it took me way longer than I ever thought it would.

txf1967
11-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Ok, first off screw you Phil Mickleson... This shot was a complete pain in the ass, but I finally got it using a 2 iron.
CLUB TUNER: Max loft, 33% spin
AIM: Middle of left back bunker then high fade back to the middle right front of the back right bunker.
POWER: ~110-111% with max left to right spin
RESULT = 2 feet. Took around 30 mins, very satisfying.

Good luck!

chrisk62
12-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Comfortably the best advice. Tried for ages to be clever with the irons with no luck. got it using this method after 7 or 8 attempts. Just keep hitting it in the general area that he does i the video and the ball will bounce towards the pin

3 WOOD
AIM A TOUCH TO THE RIGHT
POWER AT 97-98 %

Yeah this is how i did it after seeing the video on youtube. The ball will smash into the mount of the creek, bounce up and role the rest of the way to the hole (hopefully). Took me just 4 attempts doing it this way, thankfully you don't have to get it in the cup otherwise it could take forever.

For me the hardest challenge was the double eagle one from 235 yards, it was the last challenge i needed to master for the pin. The wind varies a little each time you do it so you need patience and a little luck. I got it on about my 70-80th attempt and woke my girlfriend up by accident as i yelled out in excitement :p.