PDA

View Full Version : Your greatest multiplayer triumph?

blacqout
04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm sure that most of us have done a few things while playing against others that make us think "bloody hell, i'm amazing", but which multiplayer gaming victory are you the most proud of? Come regale us with the tale.

For me, it was one time while playing some random on Smackdown vs Raw.

He was basically beating the hell out of me and i realised that i couldn't beat him in a straight fight, so after flukily countering one of his moves i rolled out of the ring to and grabbed a chair. I got back in the ring and he said "you'll get disqualified". I told him that i made it a no DQ match, though i hadn't really. I let him knock me down, then he picked up the chair and hit me with it.

The bell rang, he was disqualified and Valentin the Vampire Seleznyov was declared the winner. Then he went ape and threatened to hack me.

I'm proud of this victory because i managed to use my intelligence to overcome a physical limitation, and that is what being a human is all about.

Agent Aero
04-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Probably once on Modern Warfare 1 where i killed three people with one M40A3 shot, none of them were afk either.

Another time on Rainbow Six Vegas where my partner died right at the beggining of a Realistic T-Hunt mission and i managed to blast through it my self. This was my first time playing the game and i didn't even know you could get into cover:p

They're not truly amazing but i was impressed with myself on both occasions.

The Sea Trout
04-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I think it may have been the day I got my achievement for 100 mortal wounds on shadowrun, it was somthing I never thought I would do as I wasnt keen on usign the Katana but I went for it and got it thankfully.

Another one would be when me and a mate were playing Gears 2 and we were playing the mode where each team has a leader and each team can respawn as long as the leader stays alive, is it called Guardian maybe?? Anyway we got into a game and my mate was the leader and he only needed one more win to get the Achievement for X amount of wins as the leader. As soon as the match started though the rest of our time either quit or lagged and left just us 2 against a full squad, so I told my mate to hang back and hide and not to worry as I would take care of business for him, long story short I took out the whole enemy team on my own and my my mate got his achievement lol.

Selznyov, havent heard that name in a while....

blacqout
04-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Selznyov, havent heard that name in a while....

I used it as a gamertag for a little while. We must have crossed paths on xbox.com, before i was unfairly banned.

The Sea Trout
04-04-2011, 12:49 PM
I used it as a gamertag for a little while. We must have crossed paths on xbox.com, before i was unfairly banned.

Yes that waa where I remeber yourself from, I gave up on that place a long time ago, just wasnt the same.

AmbaLaBamba
04-04-2011, 01:12 PM
It wasn't on the Xbox (I don't think) but it was whilst playing CoD4 that I got 29/30 kills to 1 death, I was jumping off the walls after that match! Since then I haven't been able to get as near to this as I would like, but it's a good memory!

Unterofficer
04-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Hmm mayby my biggest moment of triumph was Assault & Defend on Raibow Six: Vegas 2. My whole team had been eliminated and I only had one life remaining. Opponents had five guys left. To make matters worse both hostages were next to the enemy respawn (Extraction point is near it). So I put my proskills on and proceed to kill the whole team off (Two permanently.) with hit-and-run-attacks and then run for the hostages. I managed to get to both of them, but only had one following me. I rushed to the extraction point only to notice that I had only one of them following me. Naturally I had just enough time to get to the other hostage before I was killed. If I just had made sure that the other hostage was following me I could have won the game for my team.

Other really good instance was when I had eight of my mates playing BC2 on rush and all of us were on a party. We just rolled over any opposition. I think that we won Port Valdez on attack in about 15 min.

QKT
04-04-2011, 02:03 PM
i'd say blowing up a valkyrie missile with a semtex grenade is pretty good.

but i know ive done better in another way but its so long ago like on halo 3

kyboy
04-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm sure that most of us have done a few things while playing against others that make us think "bloody hell, i'm amazing", but which multiplayer gaming victory are you the most proud of? Come regale us with the tale.

He was basically beating the hell out of me and i realised that i couldn't beat him in a straight fight, so after flukily countering one of his moves i rolled out of the ring to and grabbed a chair. I got back in the ring and he said "you'll get disqualified". I told him that i made it a no DQ match, though i hadn't really. I let him knock me down, then he picked up the chair and hit me with it.

The bell rang, he was disqualified and Valentin the Vampire Seleznyov was declared the winner. Then he went ape and threatened to hack me.

I'm proud of this victory because i managed to use my intelligence to overcome a physical limitation, and that is what being a human is all about.

lol nice, i like that..

OT: mine was cod: bo.... i went 55-1.. i NEVER do that lol.. i was pretty proud of myself..

13ip0lar
04-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Everything I do is awesome, and I realize how douchey that sounds. Top moment thus far has to be ranking in the top 100 of BFBC2 without trying to, or expecting to. I'm not one to brag, but when presented with such an obvious opportunity to do so, one must:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/oefaded133/Chicks%20N%20StuFF/BFBC2%20Xbox%20360%20Leaderboards/BFBC2_XboX360_Leaderboard_60.jpg

:D

Pooly93
04-04-2011, 04:36 PM
One of my best has to be on Halo 3 like a year or two back now.
A friend of mine came over and we started playing splitscreen online, after a while my sisters came in and asked to play, I didn't mind so much cause I was just messing about with my mate online anyway so the 4 of us went on.
Then one game we were got on Valhalla we were winning quite well, so everyone but one person from the other team drops out, leaving it 4 against 1 with us about 30 points ahead.
We now see this as an opportunity to be the biggest idiots to each other we can, and just start acting as if it were a custom game with the 4 of us instead, got pretty funny, but we were still killing this other guy as well. A while in I decide to pick up a sniper and start following my mate and keep attempting to no scope him from about 15-20 feet away, as I fire the last bullet in the sniper the guy from the other team comes out of a door from one of the bases, my mate was stood in front of it and as I fired he jumped, landing me a no scope on this guy on his own from quite a distance away.
/walloftext

balance13
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Mine is getting my perfection medal in Halo: Reach

or

33/1 in Black Ops (I think it was that anyhow)

niko da bos
04-04-2011, 05:02 PM
two head-shots in one sniper bullet (no scope) on 'High Ground'
vehicle manslaughter (10 splatter kills ina row, with the ghost)

inbetween those two, most of my memorable online moments date back to halo 3. but recently i went 30(something) and 7 in COD : MW2, which is a great achievment for me. just started playing COD mp like a week ago.

TVC613
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I go 60-1 or better every match I play in Unreal Tournament 3. That is MY game. My leaderboards broke with me having been ranked 2300 in the world in deathmatch with a 30.00 kdr. Both stats are without a doubt higher now.

Adahn
04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Mine would have to be vanilla WoW, lvl60 Warsong Gulch (CTF basically). Playing as a mage; the horde is playing turtle in their base.

I run in through the top entrance right past a warrior who seems to be afk and jump down into the flag room; as I land I hit frost nova (an aoe root spell) and grab the flag. Now, by this point, I should be dead, but for some reason it looks as if EVERYONE is keyboard turning slowly in a circle trying to line of sight follow me. I hit blink (short range teleport), get to the base corridor, grab the speed boots, and manage to run out and back to my base, capping the flag and getting the win.

I did a ton of stuff that was more skillful in that game, and many many times did I outperform myself in difficult situations. But never have I seen anything so random and basic like that which shouldn't have worked at all!

Opiate42
04-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Going 15-0 on Dome in COD WaW TDM.

First ever perfect game and placed 2nd on my team behind our usual "kills everything in sight" friend by only one kill LOL! I was a complete newb and normally round out the bottom with a negative K/D, didn't have the game long and generally suck, even now I am usually nothing more than distracting cannon fodder.

To not die in a game that ended in a tight kill to kill race for the win....was a new particular thrill for me.

I made my peace with the Dome map that day.

Foxxy kyle
04-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Everything I do is awesome, and I realize how douchey that sounds. Top moment thus far has to be ranking in the top 100 of BFBC2 without trying to, or expecting to. I'm not one to brag, but when presented with such an obvious opportunity to do so, one must:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/oefaded133/Chicks%20N%20StuFF/BFBC2%20Xbox%20360%20Leaderboards/BFBC2_XboX360_Leaderboard_60.jpg

:D

Damn! 652 hrs? wow..

KillerChris8814
04-04-2011, 10:24 PM
21 kills, 7 assists, 3 deaths on Black Ops and my team lost with 29 total kills. So my team managed 1 kill I wasn't involved in.

Q ipoddy Q
04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Maybe not my greatest mp accomplishment but It certainly felt like it, i was on zombies on acension at round 38 the round just started, 2 randoms i was with decided to do the glitch with the landers after spending hours getting ray guns etc.... Both of them died due to tryin to jump on the roof and falling, i cudnt get them up as i was already being ambushed, basically i turned beast mode on and virtually did the whole round 38-39 on my own with shitty weapons like the FAL, CZ75, FAMAS etc.... Because i had to hit the box atleast 30 times due to my ammo running out. All in all i was killing zombies constantly on my own for about 45 mins :-)

CRAZY 7
04-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I would have to say mine is in Halo 2 I was playing a team slayer match on Ivory Tower and my team was a couple kills ahead and then they quit and held that shit for the whole match and won the game they were talking mad shit telling me I was a little bitch and I was like hey fuckers who won? lol funny shit.

Snowwwwy
04-04-2011, 11:07 PM
I dont really remember but Im pretty sure it would have been on COD 4.

Penguino Rojo
04-05-2011, 12:46 AM
The best multiplayer moment I can recall was long before the Xbox360 was a glimmer in Microsofts eye.

I think it was Soldier of Fortune, I only played it this one time. My friends had a LAN set up in their dorms (We were in the Air Force, I was in a different building but visited constantly) and were blowing the snot out of each other. One of them quit and let me use his set up.

Up to that point I always used the arrow keys for movement and ctrl and space bar for actions, I resisted using the mouse in shooters. But I didn't want to mess up the guys computer, so I learned his set up, which was 'normal' for shooters then and now.

I spent the first three rounds getting my butt shot off, but the whole time I was figuring out the limitations of the game, the graphics and the network as a whole.

Finally we started playing on a subway level. I found a stair well with no rails and got curious. As one guy was chasing me, I strafed to the side, backed up, then side stepped behind the very confused pursuer. The graphics tended to be choppy, so he didn't see me side step. My head shot resulted in a lot of yelling that could be heard from down the hall way.

A lot of yelling could be heard from them that night, in fact.

I did this same thing three more times before the offended decided to play team capture the flag, putting me with the guy with the worse connection and PC. Effectively I was on my own.

We lost the first round, but I learned the fastest route to get the biggest gun and to their flag. After three rounds of me pulling similar trick kills (faking a door bug that makes it seem like someone ran thru a closed door; I was actually circling around like I did on the stairs), then spawn killing them a few times to slow them down, they rage quit and ended the game session for the night.

Game I never played, using a control scheme I wasn't familiar with, against guys that had been playing the game since release day and boasted about their 'mad skills' and most up to date computers. I left that night befuddled as to why they let me kill them so much. Then I figured it out and realized I would never be allowed to play with them again.

SwampertTheGreat
04-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Probably 30-0 in a game of BtB in Reach.

Wasn't even playing seriously was just messing around with a ghost.

Vindicator51
04-05-2011, 01:32 AM
I used to play Counter Strike and UT a lot, so it'll most likely be those games.

Exodus Traps
04-05-2011, 02:12 AM
I dont remember the exact level but I got a world record time on Mirror's Edge during thanksgiving 2009. i got the record, took a picture of it with my cellphone, turned off the console, quickly went to the living room and had my thanksgiving dinner, came back, turned it on, and i was like 15th!! but that brief moment...ah, felt epic.

alpha17
04-05-2011, 05:54 AM
I think for me it's being ranked among the top 5% of players in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, especially seeing how everyone trigger spams in that game.

hydrosugar
04-05-2011, 08:20 AM
not sure if it counts as multiplayer, but when i had a wii i was as high as #2 in australia on time trials. doesnt sound that great, but this game was very popular here, much more so than brawl. also i was usually the only one in the top 10 to use the wheel and not a gamecube controller, so it was nice to see that icon next to my name.

idk about 360 but i guess i have a very favourable win/loss in all my online games
ummm i think its 70/40 for naruto, 80/40 - something for sc4 and usually top 3 in 20 player races in blur(cant really measure it though...)

also i started playing 2010 world cup online and was 8/1/1 with no dnf%, but then when i tried to play yesterday with my crappy internet the match didnt lag at all, but 30 min in it disconeced me giving me a loss and a 10% dnf(score was 0 - 0 too:()
i guess i shoulda realised when it did that twice in a row when i played blur earlier, unfair lol i bought 6 months gold a few days before my computer internet starts to fail...

good thing i got a respectable backlog of games to play offline though:woop:

Snowwwwy
04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
I used to play Counter Strike and UT a lot, so it'll most likely be those games.
Good old Counter Strike Source. I miss that game haha wanna get back into it.

my_box_72
04-05-2011, 08:27 AM

Definately most defining moment and sweet memories where in MW2 , lol just a noob killing all the high rankers acting like morons.Boy they weren't too happy after the game ended haha they all quit out (pathetic)...miss MW2 might have to rebuy it back

And Gears 2 so much awsome memories and sweet kills there ;)

hydrosugar
04-05-2011, 08:28 AM
OT: mine was cod: bo.... i went 55-1.. i NEVER do that lol.. i was pretty proud of myself..

33/1 in Black Ops (I think it was that anyhow)

I go 60-1 or better every match I play in Unreal Tournament 3. That is MY game. My leaderboards broke with me having been ranked 2300 in the world in deathmatch with a 30.00 kdr. Both stats are without a doubt higher now.

Going 15-0 on Dome in COD WaW TDM.

First ever perfect game and placed 2nd on my team behind our usual "kills everything in sight" friend by only one kill LOL! I was a complete newb and normally round out the bottom with a negative K/D, didn't have the game long and generally suck, even now I am usually nothing more than distracting cannon fodder.

To not die in a game that ended in a tight kill to kill race for the win....was a new particular thrill for me.

I made my peace with the Dome map that day.

21 kills, 7 assists, 3 deaths on Black Ops and my team lost with 29 total kills. So my team managed 1 kill I wasn't involved in.

lol holy shit these kill/death ones are insane. hats off to you all. i dont even like the genre but i was jumping for joy when i got 10-2 at a friends house. puts things in perspective:p

TheDeadspace
04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
There are a couple of times playing Gears 1 where, in the first round, I would go and completely wreck the opposing team with no backup. My team would be all "that was so cool, go Deadspace, etc. etc." and i'd feel like King Badass. This would be followed by 4-18 rounds of utter mediocrity :(

Then there was the time I went 34-1 in MW2. My team loved that, and kept yelling at me to use the nuke. If only they knew that my streaks were UAV, Care Package and EAD. Dammit, I never get nuke level steaks, why would I equip it? Still, an Airstrike, Predator, Attack Chopper and Chopper Gunner from my one EAD made me a very happy camper.

Chaosx721
04-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Getting 3 nukes in a row in 3 different games. I've had better moments in multiplayer, but getting a nuke was more fun because of all the hate messages I got.

Actually the first time I got called a hacker in Counter-Strike 1.6. Had to be the best thing because you just know how mad that person is that just yells out hacker because he got ownd. It was a great feeling because I used to be so bad at that game, and to play as much as a did and to finally be called a hacker, I just knew that with hard work you can be good at anything =D.

Snowwwwy
04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Getting 3 nukes in a row in 3 different games.
Very nicely done man.

TriRock
04-05-2011, 02:26 PM
My most recent moment of glory was in Homefront, when I tagged a low flying enemy Apache with C4 and blew it up.

sak7395
04-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I've had quite a few klutches but my two best ones were:

Cod WaW: It was search and destroy on hanga, the score was 3-0, I was last man and I went afk and to come back to my spot to see that I was last man against 5. I was like shit, so I decided to see if I could try and win. I camped in the little room next a or b (can't remember) but it had 3 entrances, no one came so I went out and I saw guy in front of me I got him. I went into the room (it had a ladder in it) and shot another guy. I went up the ladder and saw a guy and knifed him. I had two guys to guy, it was near the bomb and there are stairs, I didn't have bomb squad, but I saw a bouncing betty, I didn't want to shoot it so me being an idiot I jumped over it and managed to survive. I proceeded up to a (one under the building) and saw a guy there and killed him. The bomb was already there so I planted it, I put my last betty just next to it and ran across to another building to hide. After around 15 seconds and seeing no activity, I go back and I see my betty get shot, I look around and see the guy he shoots at me, (jugganourt saved my ass) and I sponged and then I killed him. My best klutch ever.

Modern Warfare 2: It was search and destroy on rundown and we was defending. I had RPD heartbeat + silencer, cold blooded, ninja, bling and claymores. All but one of my team was dead. This guy in gamechat was really lost, he was back at spawn hiding and the other team had 6 guys left. I'm like wow, so I camped in the long roomwhen your defending (the one with the stairs right next to it and in the next room theres a bed), I saw on my heartbeat there were loads of red dots. After three kills, it got obvious to the other team of where I was. This guy comes in through the the door and I manage to stab him. My team mate by the spawn manages to cap a guy. The last guy knew where I was, he was trying to wall bang me (shoot through wall) and he kept trying and finally he hit me, I survived and came out and shot him, he sponged so I went back into the room. He finally came up and I stabbed him. I screamed in game chat. Best thing of all was that this guy called me a try hard and hes sponsored by machinima and youtube. I

My very best moment was when I got to 10th prestige on WaW. Me and a couple of friends went into the lobby where you search for a game, as I prestiged we started singing and screaming. Not the best but a classic moment.

Sorry if I bored anyone.

KillerChris8814
04-05-2011, 09:01 PM
lol holy shit these kill/death ones are insane. hats off to you all. i dont even like the genre but i was jumping for joy when i got 10-2 at a friends house. puts things in perspective:p

The people I was playing with were horrible. Because I'm only an average COD player.