PDA

View Full Version : Im Missing Xbox Live!!

leeingham
04-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I moved into a new flat the start of March and one of my first things I did (after of course moving the Xbox and TV etc in) was to order in Sky, Broadband and phone line etc. I booked it all on the 15th March and they are FINALLY coming to install the telephone line on the 14th and the broadband just afterwards! :mad:

I miss COD matches, I miss any special offers available (like the april fools ones etc)

I tried to play Forza the other day and was greeted by a huge "YOU CANT PLAY THIS TITLE WITHOUT THE LATEST DASHBOARD UPDATE" message. What happens with people that dont have Live that want to play Forza??

Roll on two weeks time!!

MachineZed
04-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I thought the updates just knock you offline until you get the update. Not that it would matter to you as you can't get online to begin with, but to restrict you from playing the game at all.

leeingham
04-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I thought the updates just knock you offline until you get the update. Not that it would matter to you as you can't get online to begin with, but to restrict you from playing the game at all.

Yeah it was stupid tbh. It was the same with FOrza 2 as I thought I would just play that in the mean time but no still got the same message!!

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah it was stupid tbh. It was the same with FOrza 2 as I thought I would just play that in the mean time but no still got the same message!!

Thats ridiculous.

Worhammer
04-05-2011, 06:25 AM
My guess is that something was changed in the dashboard software that you currently have (probably anti-piracy measures) that no longer allows the game to play without an update.

If you did not connect to live, you would not have the update that's causing the problem.

Or, I could just be completely off base here. Just a shot in the dark, really....

AmbaLaBamba
04-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Well, lets face it, you aren't exactly missing very much in any of the CoD lobbies apart from the occasional cheaters, pathetic children who appear to treat their parents as dirt (i.e. swearing constantly) and people who rage quit because they are losing. :)

As for the update talk, I'm sure this has happened to me before and the disk just wouldn't load any further. A true pain in the butt if you ask me.

leeingham
04-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Well, lets face it, you aren't exactly missing very much in any of the CoD lobbies apart from the occasional cheaters, pathetic children who appear to treat their parents as dirt (i.e. swearing constantly) and people who rage quit because they are losing. :)

As for the update talk, I'm sure this has happened to me before and the disk just wouldn't load any further. A true pain in the butt if you ask me.

Yeah good point. The reason I say im missing it is that all other games I have need to sit down for a certain amount of time and play where as a TDM is good for a quick 10mins etc

Need to get it connected to the net from somehere and update it!

AmbaLaBamba
04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah good point. The reason I say im missing it is that all other games I have need to sit down for a certain amount of time and play where as a TDM is good for a quick 10mins etc

Need to get it connected to the net from somehere and update it!

Backatcha with that one. It is good for a quick fix, I have to admit.

sak7395
04-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Dude I was in a similiar situation like you, just play sims 3 till the internet comes. Any computer/laptop should run it and it should last you till the 15th.

Good luck

Odiumruse
04-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I feel your pain on that one. When I was without internet the xbox didn't have the same appeal, not sure why I was playing offline games instead, but the appeal just wasn't there.
How did we survive pre-live gaming.