PDA

View Full Version : Nyko Intercooler

hodgepodgegames
04-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Does anyone have it? is it worth it?

http://www.nyko.com/$assets$/c7f79c3a-3ec7-464d-b691-ed4d05ccee1e/Xbox_IntercoolerSTS_product_new.jpg

^^im talking about that one for the newest xbox

JAW LV
04-04-2011, 07:57 PM
is it worth it?

Just depends how long your gaming sessions are, also depends how you have the Xbox setup. If your Xbox is in open space you shouldn't need a intercooler. Now if its in an enclosed area, like in a cabinet/entertainment center, you may want to consider buying it.

Vanilla Coke Zero
04-04-2011, 08:54 PM
DO NOT use intercoolers. they are pieces of shit. they actually WORSEN overheating and get stuck on your xbox, (the plastic melts and sticks) this voids your warranty, so you're fucked if it breaks. just keep your X360 well-ventilated and in a dust-free area. you'll be fine.

OhBetty
04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
I had lots of problems with an old console and fitted one of these to my new one and would say it has had a dramatic effect. However the one thing I would recommend above all else is when you finish a game (especially a game like an FPS or racer that works your console hard) leave your console on the dashboard for 5 minutes before switching off.

BIG difference!

OhBetty
04-04-2011, 10:15 PM
DO NOT use intercoolers. they are pieces of shit. they actually WORSEN overheating and get stuck on your xbox, (the plastic melts and sticks) this voids your warranty, so you're fucked if it breaks. just keep your X360 well-ventilated and in a dust-free area. you'll be fine.

Not so sure that is invalidates your warranty as you aren't 'breaking the case'. If you read your warranty documents that is what it states.

MachineZed
04-04-2011, 10:23 PM
There are 2 different styles, one that plugs in from its own plug. And one that draws from the console.
The one that draws power from the console is not recommended for use as that will cause more heat than it will blow out.

The other one (newer one) is fair game.

w1nn3r1
04-05-2011, 12:43 AM
I had the first one (that draws power). It burnt out my xbox after about a year and a half. So I don't recommend that one. Not sure about the other (that plugs in separately).

Snowwwwy
04-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Ive heard that they dont really work. Just depends if you want to try it out I guess.

Kovalt
04-05-2011, 05:49 AM
I have used the newer one for over a year now (has it's own power source) and have had no problems with my machine even comming close to getting hot. It usually stays very cool to the touch. However it tends to make the system sound like a jet aircraft. They are by no means quiet. So if noise isn't an issue then go for it, and if it is then just keep it an open dust free environment.

Spanish Assault
04-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Does anyone have it? is it worth it?

http://www.nyko.com/$assets$/c7f79c3a-3ec7-464d-b691-ed4d05ccee1e/Xbox_IntercoolerSTS_product_new.jpg

^^im talking about that one for the newest xbox
yeah...unless it has it's own power supply don't use it....the older ones had u plug the xbox power supply into them...they melted to your xbox and void your warranty.

AmbaLaBamba
04-05-2011, 01:54 PM
If you don't have it within an enclosed area, don't waste your money. Instead save it and just move your Xbox to a place that is open, somewhere were the back of your Xbox isn't facing a flat surface (i.e wall or furniture).

If you do have it within an enclosed area I suppose this would be a good option for you as many have mentioned above, and the majority reckon the newly designed Intercooler is better.

yamayamayaamaa
04-05-2011, 03:01 PM
I use the Intercooler TS (new model) on both of my Xboxes and my PS3 and they all works great. :)

They collect a lot of dust that would normally just sit inside your console.

I also use an Xpad (laptop cooling pad) under my Xboxes.

http://www.tweetcouponsale.com/images_products/Xpad_Slim_Non_slip_Laptop_Cooler_and_Heatshield.jp g

None of the stuff I use voids warranty or any of that nonsense.

StillTIPPIN187
04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
yeah...unless it has it's own power supply don't use it....the older ones had u plug the xbox power supply into them...they melted to your xbox and void your warranty.

Never heard that one before.. Damn xbox would have to spew some hot fucking air to melt anything..

But, I know the Nyko intercoolers on the original xbox 360 were crap.. they would flash red rings on mine randomly..

Plus, The slim really doesn't need it.

Between my girl and me, My xbox is on nearly 24/7.. Real talk. all games that are played on it are ripped before hand so the dvd drive is never running.. but its literally on 24/7.

It usually gets turned off for a few hours between 7-11am some morning buts thats it.

No overheating problems here.