PDA

View Full Version : New Highscore?

k1ng Brownie
04-04-2011, 10:55 PM
http://img641.imageshack.us/i/sdfsdi.png/

Today I got my personalized xbox update and at the bottom it shows a new gamerscore record.

So someone somehow beat Stallion?

For some reason I can't post it using the "Insert Image" button so link will do.http://img641.imageshack.us/i/sdfsdi.png/

rekikire
04-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Just a hacker, they'll get marked as a cheater soon.

kall5ter
04-04-2011, 11:06 PM
hey what website did you find all this out of?

Hybridchld
04-04-2011, 11:06 PM
So someone somehow beat Stallion?

Yeah someone blew his record out of the water and not only surpassed him but got more than 350,000 beyond his score without anyone noticing him before hand :rolleyes:

k1ng Brownie
04-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah someone blew his record out of the water and not only surpassed him but got more than 350,000 beyond his score without anyone noticing him before hand :rolleyes:
well it's microsoft saying that it's the "new confirmed record" so they're either dumb or trolling or what rekikire said, they just post the one with highest gamerscore without really "confirming" its not a hacked gs

hey what website did you find all this out of?they email you that info once you sign up for a newsletter i think

balance13
04-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Probably just a hacked account that hasn't been reset yet.

Chaosx721
04-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Late April fools joke I bet.

artphobia
04-04-2011, 11:29 PM
In theory this could happen. The person would never had to have played online though and then finally coming into xboxlive for the first time in the last month.

In reality it's highly unprobable. They would only be getting xboxlive games with a 2nd account then playing offline, and never updating a disc game online with the gamertag that is so high as well. The other thing is I'm unsure that 890k in score is currently possible... certainly not without having multiple xboxs from the 3 region types. Also to get near that high you would need to play the GamesForWindowsLive games. An impossibility when you're unable to go online to transfer.

My thought... just a fluke on microsofts part. A boosted hack account? perhaps, but until I see microsoft make an official statement and the gamertag on this I don't see why I should believe anyone truely is THAT higher over stallion.

GNB
04-04-2011, 11:33 PM

Today I got my personalized xbox update and at the bottom it shows a new gamerscore record.

What is a personalized xbox update? That is a really cool image showing gamerscore, avatar, time online, game played most, etc... How can I get something like that? Sign up for what newsletter?

k1ng Brownie
04-04-2011, 11:55 PM
What is a personalized xbox update? That is a really cool image showing gamerscore, avatar, time online, game played most, etc... How can I get something like that? Sign up for what newsletter?
It's either by signing up for the newsletter (should be on the xbox site) or joining xbox live rewards I would think.

Mr Bungle
04-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Probably just a hacked account that hasn't been reset yet.

Pretty much.

Snowwwwy
04-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Hahaha true. Never thought of that.

spyder2g
04-05-2011, 01:08 AM

This. It says the highest confirmed gamerscore in the US is 894,540. Microsoft thinks they're being funny.

Exodus Traps
04-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Just got my newsletter and saw it as well. Like someone else said, I dont think its even possible and highly doubt it flew under the radar.

spyder2g
05-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Just wondering if anybody ever got to the bottom of this.

CyberPunch83
05-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Even though it came from Microsoft, that could have been published before the authenticity of the account and attached achievements / gamerscore could be measured. I'm sure they're reporting a hacker and will rectify that at the earliest possible opportunity.