PDA

View Full Version : Colorblind Mode?

SilentlyAwesome
04-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know if this game will have a colorblind mode?

I was really excited about the game, but when I picked up the DS version it turns out I couldn't play the puzzles because there was no way for me to differentiate between certain colors. I was just wondering (well, hoping really) if there is possibly a solution in the XBLA version? I really want to play it, dang it!

Dcon6393
04-09-2011, 09:58 PM
I do not know if they will, but i would think that is an obvious choice. I am playing the ds game right now and i do not know why they never put one in

Auburok
04-16-2011, 04:33 PM
There's no colorblind mode in the options, sorry.

I'm not entirely sure how they'd do that, either, without drawing three versions of each faction's units. 5 factions times 9 units times 3 colors means there's 135 individual sprites to fully animate. I guess they could slightly alter sprites, too, but I can see why they didn't do it.

Craie
04-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Really wish there was a colorblind mode. I can't really tell the difference between the green and blue units in some of the factions.

the elf campaign was a nightmare. God knows how many times i tried to stack the wrong unit.

Dcon6393
04-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Really wish there was a colorblind mode. I can't really tell the difference between the green and blue units in some of the factions.

the elf campaign was a nightmare. God knows how many times i tried to stack the wrong unit.

I agree, they could have made the units extremely different colors. In the 2nd campaign I have almost stacked white units on top of yellow angels because it is so hard to tell.

masamunemaniac
11-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm colourblind and had a lot of trouble with some of the factions at first. My monitor has a 'colour' setting though, which if I slide it to the max makes the colours that were otherwise pretty close together very distinct (and by that I mean half of them now burn my retinas while the other half doesn't).

Really wish games like this would be more colourblind friendly though. If I'd picked this up on the DS it would've been unplayable.