PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character to use in Conquest Mode

Bcleal
04-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Just as the title says who is your favorite character to use in Conquest mode. Just curious to c who everyones favorite characters to use are.

Shinty
04-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Zhen Ji 98% of the time
Guan Ping 2% of the time

SoulxSync
04-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm using Zhen Ji the most as well, i really like her second musou.
Also playing a lot with Lu Xun, Gan Ning, Ling Tong, Sima Zhao and Guan Suo.

KillerBALLzzz
04-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I haven't used everyone just yet, but the best so far are definitely Gan Ning, Guan Ping, Deng Ai, and Lu Bu. Not a single one of those 4 characters have even one weak attack. They destroy everything, even when you first use them with a low level.

*Update* - I must add that I have now played as everyone and Zhou Tai definitely is a Top 5 character. His Musou is amazing and will always net at least a +2 drop when you kill an officer with it because of it's high combo. Same goes for his EX attack.

Also, by far the biggest surprise character for me is Xiao Qiao. She is awesome, to say the least. I haven't even leveled her up yet, but right off the bat she is great. Good EX attack and her Musou is high combo like Zhou Tai's. She definitely goes in my Top 10 characters.

Saracin
04-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Lu Meng is my favorite, next being Zhang Liao. I am using Lu Meng religiously since he gets Smithing and is a good all around fighter, so I never have to switch. Now that I have all of the weapons though I should start using people who need skill points whenever I do a fight to boost my bonds.

vegeta7718
04-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Mine is Zhang Fei and Zhang Liao....their range speed and power is ridiculous

Rashaka1
04-07-2011, 05:10 PM
I started out using Cao Cao and made a line straight for Lu Bu. I used Lu Bu for most of my conquest mode thus far but have been discovering that just about anyone is good so long as you have a good weapon for them.

Since you can give just about anyone any weapon. It doesn't seem to matter as much who you play anymore.

Methionine
04-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Zhang Liao, twin axes, XXXY combo is godly. Keeps him in rage mode.

nightza
04-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Mine is Lu Bu for the majority of conquest mode

GarlandoFoshezy
04-10-2011, 09:20 AM
My favorite character to use is easily Zhou Tai. He's been a badass since he was put in the DW games and he just keeps getting better. I use a Curved Sword (for melee)/Flying Sword (for horseback) combo, and he murders everything.

D3MONMAEDA
04-11-2011, 01:52 AM
my fav character's would have to be zhao tai , lu bu , cao pi

Tuber Man 4
04-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Zhou Tai and Zhang Liao

Herr Shaun
04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Guo Huai, no contest.

Kezzmo
04-13-2011, 11:37 PM
"Much like a rose has its thorns, i have these lovely claws" - Zhang He all the way :)

WTYD
04-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Zhou Tai and Zhang Liao

This and sometimes Lu Bu

Rashaka1
04-14-2011, 02:12 AM
I have been enjoying playing Zhou You as well.

BlackRiderRazil
04-15-2011, 01:24 AM
I've always, since DW2, always started with Xiahou Dun. I don't know why, I just like the guy. So I've been playing Conquest as him. Though my second choice is usually Zhou Tai, so once I've unlocked him, I'll be putting quite a bit of time into leveling him up for sure.

Axl DS
04-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Xiao Qiao and Da Qiao

Welsh Killa B
04-16-2011, 08:25 PM
i really didnt think zhou tai was that popular!

hes my fav , but for some reason i thaught my favourite was 'unused character' by the masses

wu - zhou tai, gan ning, zhou yu
wei - dan wei, zhang liaou, cao ren
shu - zhao yun, guan ping, guan yu
other - lu bu , zhu rong
jin - zhong hui

Le Vampyr
04-16-2011, 11:36 PM
The first character I maxed out was Guan Yu, so I guess you could say he's my favourite overall. I haven't had much of a chance to experiment with different combos of weapons and seals though, but I use Guan Yu with his Green Dragon and a Royal Halberd (for that uber power boost when you switch).

Wei - Xu Huang, Xiahou Yuan
Wu - Huang Gai, Ding Feng
Shu - Guan Yu, Jiang Wei
Jin - Guo Huai, Deng Ai
Other - Yuan Shao, Dong Zhuo.. I love using him with the arm cannon, it really does seem to suit him (I stopped using Lu Bu after I maxed him, though I play as him now and again)

Even though i've unlocked all the characters, I still have yet to give many of them a good try outside their legend missions.

Skode
04-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Cai Wenji is my main - the harp has an answer to every situation and her musuos are all round awesome as one does great direction promptable area of effect and the other heals allies and confuses all immediate enemies whilst has a sprinkling of damage to boot.

Other than that Ding Feng is awesome as i love the gloves moveset for arena battles and Dian Wei has been a favorite of mine for these games for around ten years now.

Density Jo
04-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Shu: Zhao Yu - I use him almost everytime
Wei: Cao Pi - I like his musou
Wu: Sun Jian - I like his ex attack
Jin: Sima Shi - I like his 2nd musou or Ding Feng - His moveset is awesome especially his ex attack
Other: Lu Bu - I like him xD

Akatsuki Sw1tch
04-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Zhu Rong to make up for the fact she was left out of the last few dynasty games + both her musou's are great & she's easy to power up Due to her easy ability to do high combos.

It's also very therapeutic kicking a volley of knives into a group of archers (the cowardy snipers of the age)

Necrophage33
04-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Has anyone else felt that the story modes make you appreciate certain characters more than you would've before? Same thing for the many levels of each type of weapon.

For instance, in previous games, I didn't pay Zhang Liao any special attention. He was just an average guy with decent weapons. But the story mode made me realize how awesome he was, and the Twin Axes I have unlocked so far just destroy people.

Same goes for Taishi Ci and his twin rods. I always thought he looked so badass, but his twin rods felt like little sticks when attacking enemies. In this game the twin rods are one of my favorite weapons, and they actually feel really powerful when being swung.

Other characters I've appreciated more and like using, as a result of the story mode in this game: Xiahou Dun, Zhuge Liang, Dian Wei, Zhou Yu, Gan Ning, and I'm sure there are more.

I guess my point is that the Story mode in this game made me enjoy a much larger array of characters than any previous Warriors game.

red demon
04-24-2011, 10:10 AM
since dw 3 dian wei is my favorite character if got him max out lol

Malkaiah
04-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Xiahou Dun at first, still holds a place in my heart for every single DW game. Then Yue Ying and Lu Bu, hardly ever get hit using those two.

Normally I'm a big fan of Zhao Yun in the DW games but I felt his moveset is hurt a lot in this one. Most of his attacks, Musou 1 and EX, are based on charging through the ranks. Not too good for taking down officers on an one-on-one basis.

blackjacktrial
04-28-2011, 02:58 PM
"Essence of my father, blood of my mother, I cannot throw this away!"

I rock Xiahou Dun at the start of any DW game. It was a nice plus that Wei's story mode almost felt too Xiahou Dun heavy.

After that, favorites include Sun Shang Xiang, Pang Tong and especially Sima Zhao. Sima Yi is winning me over as well - the needleclaws were a rare delight in DW6, and his preoccupation with being Hungry Like A Wolf whenever one comes with him makes me picture him fronting Duran Duran, and trying to rid the world of bands like Kajagoogoo and Toto.

Wing Gundam Zero
04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
It has to be Cao Pi.

NoseBleed
04-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Sima Zhaou , Wang Yuanji - tsundere ;) , Lu Bu.