PDA

View Full Version : buying sponsor levels

smellysoc1
04-06-2011, 07:49 AM
does this affect the achievement?

say if a brought the ping level 4 via ms point then played a major with them would i still get the achievement

and to unlock all the prototype clubs do you have to complete every sponsor challenge or just complete the sponsor levels?

thanks

DeaDMau5
04-06-2011, 04:17 PM
does this affect the achievement?

say if a brought the ping level 4 via ms point then played a major with them would i still get the achievement

and to unlock all the prototype clubs do you have to complete every sponsor challenge or just complete the sponsor levels?

thanks

Can you tell me if you got the pin for unlocking the prototype club? I think it has "H2" on the pin. Thanks

ps. to unlock the prototype clubs you just need to unlock all clubs. example: to unlock the prototype driver unlock all other drivers.

Stewie Griffin2
04-06-2011, 06:05 PM
No. You do NOT get the pin if you buy the sponsors.

NJAM14Titleist
04-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Can you tell me if you got the pin for unlocking the prototype club? I think it has "H2" on the pin. Thanks

ps. to unlock the prototype clubs you just need to unlock all clubs. example: to unlock the prototype driver unlock all other drivers.

Check my Pin Guide here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=303454

DeaDMau5
04-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Check my Pin Guide here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=303454

The reason i asked was because i unlocked the prototype driver, got the ach for choosing it, but when i was looking at me pins i noticed there was one for "unlocking" the prototype club but i didnt have the pin.?????

I now have all prototype clubs, NO SUIT, and still dont have the pin.

ps. You should make a complete guide for the game, your pin guide in very nice.

Thanks

NJAM14Titleist
04-06-2011, 06:32 PM
The reason i asked was because i unlocked the prototype driver, got the ach for choosing it, but when i was looking at me pins i noticed there was one for "unlocking" the prototype club but i didnt have the pin.?????

I now have all prototype clubs, NO SUIT, and still dont have the pin.

ps. You should make a complete guide for the game, your pin guide in very nice.

Thanks

Thanks so much! I'm not really sure why you don't have the pin. Maybe if you unlock the suit it will unlock because it has some weird glitch or something.

smellysoc1
04-06-2011, 08:10 PM
can anyone confirm that buying the sponsors unlocks the pin for the protoype clubs?

in case anyone was wondering it defo does allow you to unlock the achievements

nastymastadaddy
04-07-2011, 07:21 PM
can anyone confirm that buying the sponsors unlocks the pin for the protoype clubs?

in case anyone was wondering it defo does allow you to unlock the achievements

I bought all level 4 sponsors and all pro shop items with MSP and you DON'T get the prototype pin (therefore no pin achievement). So what I had to do is back out to dashboard, system settings, and then memory and delete my dlc download so it would lock it it again so I could unlock it the legit way.

Also even if you don't buy any pro shop items but If you buy all level 4 sponsors it will unlock the putter prototype club and therefore you won't get the prototype pin. Because this pin unlocks as soon as you unlock your first prototype club. Even if you unlock other prototype clubs through sponsor challenges you will never get this pin because it unlocks when you get your first club unlocked.

mark21667
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
I bought level 4 Ping and Nike. Since deleted them. Can I get the pin?

nastymastadaddy
04-07-2011, 10:45 PM
I bought level 4 Ping and Nike. Since deleted them. Can I get the pin?

yes you will be able to. If you delete the dlc then they are still locked then you will be fine. just make sure no prototype clubs are unlocked after you delete the dlc. If none are unlocked then you will be able to get the pin.

mark21667
04-07-2011, 10:56 PM
They are already unlocked.

Wampus Cra
04-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Does buying all the sponsors except nike then working nike up legit work?? The sponsor levels seem to be the hardest thing to raise really.

AllWorkNoPlay11
04-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Its a pain in the ass.

ATCS
04-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm quite content with getting 950GS on this game, it's the reason I bought the Sponsorships so I didn't have to spend 10+ hours completing those challenges.

Time is money, right?

mark21667
04-08-2011, 11:16 AM
If the 'Prototype' pin is unnatainable now, there's also no need to grind 25 aces.

Philip1979
04-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Why buy them they are not that hard to unlock? You have at least 7 seasons to work on them if you are going for the 7 masters streak!

Golf is a game of skill not microsoft points spending!

billjones0302
04-09-2011, 09:01 AM
yes you will be able to. If you delete the dlc then they are still locked then you will be fine. just make sure no prototype clubs are unlocked after you delete the dlc. If none are unlocked then you will be able to get the pin.

I downloaded the level 4 Ping sponsorship and none of the Prototype clubs unlocked. Will I be able to unlock them normally if I do not purchase any other sponsor packages? Should I still delete the DLC package?

Edit: Just double checked after deleting the Ping level 4 sponsorship DLC and all of the Hammerhead Prototype clubs (driver thru putter) and the 13 clothing outfits are still locked. However, my Ping sponsorship remains at level 4, odd.

nastymastadaddy
04-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Why buy them they are not that hard to unlock? You have at least 7 seasons to work on them if you are going for the 7 masters streak!

Golf is a game of skill not microsoft points spending!

Don't forget about the 282 weeks streak achievement. :)

nastymastadaddy
04-09-2011, 05:53 PM
They are already unlocked.

Did you delete the DLC from your hard drive? If you delete it then load the game back up and the prototype clubs are still unlocked then you are screwed if you don't have the pin.

Arizona Prodigy
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
if i buy ping level 4 and none of the other will it mess up aquiring the prototype clubs. or if you buy just one of the sponsorships and none of the others can you still get the prototype clubs legit?

Blunts4Breakfas
04-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I bought all level 4 sponsors and all pro shop items with MSP and you DON'T get the prototype pin (therefore no pin achievement). So what I had to do is back out to dashboard, system settings, and then memory and delete my dlc download so it would lock it it again so I could unlock it the legit way.

Also even if you don't buy any pro shop items but If you buy all level 4 sponsors it will unlock the putter prototype club and therefore you won't get the prototype pin. Because this pin unlocks as soon as you unlock your first prototype club. Even if you unlock other prototype clubs through sponsor challenges you will never get this pin because it unlocks when you get your first club unlocked.

haha if this dude really bought all the dlc...then damn i feel sorry for him..lot better dlc then 50 courses that start looking the same after a while...i mean some dlc for tiger is cool but to buy it all..means u wasted a good bit of dough