PDA

View Full Version : Are there any missable achievements?

Trash Man
04-06-2011, 09:22 AM
I did a search but could not find anything.

Are there any missable achievements or ones that require special attention in this game?

Lloyd Xmas82
04-06-2011, 07:20 PM
q school can be missed if by some unkindly miracle you fail you will need to create a new golfer an pass q school

Stewie Griffin2
04-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Looks like it's possible to miss out on getting the prototype outfits. I will add to this later, by my buddy just got done with his 7th season (yes, he has no life) and it told him his career was over. Don't know yet if that means he has to lose all progress on everything or what, but it gave him the option to erase stats and start his career over. He had 92/99 sponser challenges done.

Will update when he accepts.

mark21667
04-06-2011, 09:51 PM
'Unlock All Pins' might be if you purchase sponsorship dlc.

I purchased level 4 Ping and Nike sponsorships and have all prototype clubs unlocked. Prototype pin hasn't been unlocked.

Stewie Griffin2
04-06-2011, 09:57 PM
'Unlock All Pins' might be if you purchase sponsorship dlc.

I purchased level 4 Ping and Nike sponsorships and have all prototype clubs unlocked. Prototype pin hasn't been unlocked.

It might be missable anyways. As I stated earlier, it looks like there is a year cap that cuts off after 7 or 8 seasons. If that's the case, then the 7 green jackets can be missed, as can this one if you aren't able to complete them all in time.

BTW, if you just delete the purchased sponsorships you can go back and redo them.

mark21667
04-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Fair enough. I'll wait till I've got the jacket, then I'll do that.

Trash Man
04-07-2011, 06:06 AM
I have not been doing the sponsor challenges before the rounds. Should I be doing these? I've only done a few rounds so far, have I messed up already? Should I start again?

AcidDrop
04-07-2011, 09:36 AM
That would SUCK, cause i messed up my 2012 season, Can you please confirm if it reset his jackets or not in his champions locker room?

Trash Man
04-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Do you need to win the first The Masters competition to be able to get the 7 coats? If so I'm stuffed already.

AllWorkNoPlay11
04-09-2011, 06:39 AM
q school can be missed if by some unkindly miracle you fail you will need to create a new golfer an pass q school

Lmao I'm sadly a statistic.

Stewie Griffin2
04-09-2011, 07:07 AM
I have not been doing the sponsor challenges before the rounds. Should I be doing these? I've only done a few rounds so far, have I messed up already? Should I start again?

If you want to get 1000gs, then yes. You need to do those to unlock the prototype outfits. The items you unlock for each sponsor challenge are mostly useless, but they all have to be obtained to unlock the prototypes.

Trash Man
04-09-2011, 03:01 PM
If you want to get 1000gs, then yes. You need to do those to unlock the prototype outfits. The items you unlock for each sponsor challenge are mostly useless, but they all have to be obtained to unlock the prototypes.

Yea, I soon realized this and started again. One question though, how do I go back and do the sponsor events I've missed on the earlier tours, like the Nationwide tour?

I got promoted to the PGA before I had a chance to do all the challenges.

nastymastadaddy
04-09-2011, 05:50 PM
As long as you do all the sponsor challenges from the time you get to PGA tour you should be fine.

Cincaid
04-09-2011, 06:46 PM
As long as you do all the sponsor challenges from the time you get to PGA tour you should be fine.

Time to start over then for me. Been so used to just press "X" at the main menu before I started the PGA Tour, that I had no idea there was an entire sub-menu at PGA Tour when you press "A" instead.

Nnnnggh....

Also, I'd really like to know if anything else is missable since I'm restarting now anyway. If what above poster is saying is true, that your career actually ends at one point, I guess a couple of more achievements are missable.

Trash Man
04-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Time to start over then for me. Been so used to just press "X" at the main menu before I started the PGA Tour, that I had no idea there was an entire sub-menu at PGA Tour when you press "A" instead.

Nnnnggh....

Also, I'd really like to know if anything else is missable since I'm restarting now anyway. If what above poster is saying is true, that your career actually ends at one point, I guess a couple of more achievements are missable.

If it is true that the game ends and your stats are reset then a lot of the achievements are missable.

All the sponsorship ones
The 7 Master wins
The 4/5 achievements to do with EA rankings
Earning the pins.

Maybe more, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

nastymastadaddy
04-09-2011, 07:27 PM

Nnnnggh....

You don't have to start over. I would say if you are in your first 3 seasons and play every sponsor challenge from here on than you should be fine.

CanuckLefty
04-10-2011, 03:08 PM
I noticed in the stats ticker "Sponsor Challenges Complete: XX/99". At 19 tournies per calender year, that's somewhere in the middle of the sixth season.

CanuckLefty
04-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Also, I'm about midway through my third season. I've done 37/99 sponsor challenges, and have seen about 30 items remaining in the Pro Shop that come via SC (and not, say, reaching Nike Level 4). So, maybe there's hope.

I also noticed a god damned suit that must come via DLC, which might account for activating any of the Prototype stuff. Grumble.

xbfrittsox360
04-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Also, I'm about midway through my third season. I've done 37/99 sponsor challenges, and have seen about 30 items remaining in the Pro Shop that come via SC (and not, say, reaching Nike Level 4). So, maybe there's hope.

I also noticed a god damned suit that must come via DLC, which might account for activating any of the Prototype stuff. Grumble.

Okay this lowers my worry that I would have to buy some DLC to get the 99 sponsor challenges. I'm going to buy it eventually anyways, but I can't at the moment and wanted to keep playing without it for now.

As for that outfit, do you mean the "level 70 all stats" outfit? Based on what I've read from people who have already unlocked the Prototype outfit, there is that one outfit for purchase that isn't required for the achievement.

craig3999
04-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Well I have a 1000 in this game I can confirm that you are ok to skip a few sponsor challanges I skipped a few at the start of season 1 and I got the protype chevio at around the end of season 6 (just by doing every challenge).
I made back up saves as i was skipping events for the broken record chevio (I skipped only the 2 star events thru).
Most other chevios come with time...I had to boost about 10 hole in 1s at the end I ended up doing the par 3 course ( I just did holes 1 and 5 as I could get close every time to getting a hole in one did not take very long to get them)