PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to get the sponsor achievements (wear their equipment)...ideas?

Qwik
04-06-2011, 02:58 PM
The achievements like Commercial Icon and Ad Wizard do not seem to unlock for me. I purchased the sponsor level via MS Points then I equip everything from the sponsor, play a Major and win, and nothing pops. Thoughts?

NJAM14Titleist
04-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Do you have level 4 sponsorship?

Qwik
04-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, I bought it with MS Points and it unlocked all levels.

DeaDMau5
04-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Its not what your wearing, you need to equip said sponsor. go to where it shows all the sponsors, on the bottom of the screen it will give you the option to make it active. once you get your ach. switch to the next one.You only need to choose certain equipment to complete the challenges for the sponsors to level up.

Hope that helps, sounds like the problem you having...

ps. They must be level 4 to get the achievement. it pops after the round while going thru the round summary.

NJAM14Titleist
04-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Make sure you 'set' it as your sponsor. You can this by pressing X.

smellysoc1
04-06-2011, 07:57 PM
did you get the pin for the prototpye clubs cus some peeps are saying that if you buy the sponsors you dont get the pin?

ATCS
04-06-2011, 08:54 PM
did you get the pin for the prototpye clubs cus some peeps are saying that if you buy the sponsors you dont get the pin?

Yeah, I haven't got the pin yet either but i'm hoping it will unlock when I finish unlocking all shop items.

kingsnipes186
04-06-2011, 09:07 PM
This is why i like to play the game legit... you dont have to worry about these issues, wish i could help ya, make sure as well that there is an achievement for the sponser you are trying to get as the talyor made and EA sports dont have achievements

Qwik
04-07-2011, 04:55 AM
No, did not get the pin.

smellysoc1
04-07-2011, 06:58 AM
ea should'nt let you buy stuff if its going to mess up other things in the game it just doesnt make sense to allow you to purchase the item and then take something from you?? its not cheating to buy the stuff its just quicker for us lazy people lol

Trash Man
04-07-2011, 06:53 PM
How do you tell what tournaments are majors?

nastymastadaddy
04-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I bought all level 4 sponsors and all pro shop items with MSP and you don't get the prototype pin. So what I had to do is back out to dashboard, system settings, and then memory and delete my dlc download so it would lock it it again so I could unlock it the legit way.

Also even if you don't buy any pro shop items but If you buy all level 4 sponsors it will unlock the putter prototype club and therefore you won't get the prototype pin. Because this pin unlocks as soon as you unlock your first prototype club. Even if you unlock other prototype clubs through sponsor challenges you will never get this pin because it unlocks when you get your first club unlocked.

nastymastadaddy
04-07-2011, 07:06 PM
How do you tell what tournaments are majors?

Pebble Beach tournament is a major (its in june). Saint andrews is a major(july). The masters is a major (april). The last major is in August and I can't think of what course it is right now. I think all the majors are 5 stars.

Trash Man
04-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Pebble Beach tournament is a major (its in june). Saint andrews is a major(july). The masters is a major (april). The last major is in August and I can't think of its name right now. I think all the majors are 5 stars.

The 5 stars being a major makes sense I guess :)

So I can equip another sponsor until I play the next major, then just go back to the level 4 sponsor, play it, get the achievement and go back to working on the next one?

nastymastadaddy
04-07-2011, 07:15 PM
All progress that isn't checked off is lost. Like say you need to win X amount of tournaments with that sponsor. If you switch to your level 4 sponsor the sponsor you switch off of you lose all progress.

Trash Man
04-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the info :)

The majors are all the 4 star events. The only 5 star tournament is The Masters.

smellysoc1
04-07-2011, 08:04 PM
surely then we sould get refunded from ea for the ms points as it does not state anywhere that if you purchase the sponsors it will effect the oher areas of the game rendering it unable to be completed unless you delete the content you have already paid to use?

i have emailed ea with this so as soon as it hear back ill post it

NJAM14Titleist
04-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Pebble Beach tournament is a major (its in june). Saint andrews is a major(july). The masters is a major (april). The last major is in August and I can't think of what course it is right now. I think all the majors are 5 stars.

The other is the PGA Championship (game calls it EA Championship) and it takes place in August (September in the game).

XxBlueSpade2xX
04-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Is the "EA Championship" a major (played at TPC Atlanta)?

Never mind. Yes the "EA Championship" is a major. Says so right on the logo.

billjones0302
04-11-2011, 09:46 AM
surely then we sould get refunded from ea for the ms points as it does not state anywhere that if you purchase the sponsors it will effect the oher areas of the game rendering it unable to be completed unless you delete the content you have already paid to use?

i have emailed ea with this so as soon as it hear back ill post it

I emailed them also...

"I have found that several gamers are plagued with the same problem. Purchasing the level 4 sponsorship with Microsoft points on Xbox Live seems to circumvent and inhibit the "Pin Collector" achievement from unlocking. Apparently, the requirements for the achievement must be earned in tournament play while gaming, not unlocked by downloaded content (I read the case cover and failed to see this mentioned or is there a hidden caveat?). So, my next questions...why would your game perpretrate this action and does EA plan to "patch" the game, fixing this issue or refund every single gamers purchase of the download content?
I await your response."

I hope we hear something back, but I doubt it will be worthwhile.

Philip1979
04-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Well then that will teach you for taking the EASY way out; the game isn't that hard and trying to get all the pins is good fun. Can be annoying but the game is very addictive and is worth spending the time on!

billjones0302
04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Well then that will teach you for taking the EASY way out; the game isn't that hard and trying to get all the pins is good fun. Can be annoying but the game is very addictive and is worth spending the time on!

I never claimed that the game was hard or that the challenge of the "Pin Collector" achievement is not worth the effort it takes to unlock it. I simply take exception to gaming companies dishonestly generating revenues by taking advantage of uninformed gamers. If they can get away with it now, the situation will only worsen in the future. Last time I looked a "gaming regulatory board" governing developers and distributors did not exist.

After all, video gaming is only a billion dollar/year revenue business.

xhail2skinsx
04-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Thanks for all the info in this thread guys.

kentb79
04-12-2011, 05:52 AM
I have read that purchasing the level 4 sponsors allows for the "play in a major with X sponsorship" achievements to pop, but they ruin the ability to get the pins needed to unluck all pins. Haven't confirmed it myself, but that's what I've read from others on this forum. Hopefully EA responds to this, but personally, I'd rather bet on Jessica Biel walking in my bedroom and offering a free blowjob. Seems more realistic.

mark21667
04-12-2011, 06:43 AM
I bought the Nike and Ping level 4 DLC. I did the delete thing, but the prototype putter is still unlocked. Any way to lock it again? What were the conditions to unlock it in the first place?

Stewie Griffin2
04-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I have read that purchasing the level 4 sponsors allows for the "play in a major with X sponsorship" achievements to pop, but they ruin the ability to get the pins needed to unluck all pins. Haven't confirmed it myself, but that's what I've read from others on this forum. Hopefully EA responds to this, but personally, I'd rather bet on Jessica Biel walking in my bedroom and offering a free blowjob. Seems more realistic.

I think I could deal with EA not fixing it if I had that alternative...she's got some serious DSL.

SpiderPig83
04-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I purchased the Sponsor challenge parts using MS points ie Oakley and Adidas because i hate the Sponsor events before Tourneys does anyone know if this will effect getting the Prototype Clubs pin. Ive been getting all the sponsor objectives normally but dont want to get to like year 5 then unlock them to then not get the pin because i bought Pro shop stuff and be stuck or do i need to delete them from my HD and do all the challenge events?