PDA

View Full Version : Delete LIVE account associated with an email?

dragonpwnr99
04-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Well due to series of ufortunate event I have a delemia...

Heres the problem...
Email1- Never use except for my Gamertag
Email2- actual email i use for everything

I want to move my GT to email 2 but due to a mistake i made a silver account with the second email. Is there a way to delete an account?

I also was wondering If i just made a hotmail account move the bad GT form email 2 to the hotmail and then mover my GT to email 2, would that work?

Thanks for any comments

Chaosx721
04-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Yea you can't delete accounts. But you can do the 2nd thing, make a random hotmail account and just move the emails around to make it what you want.

gamerguy69
04-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Hopefully you remember the password to Email1 since you are going to need that when you dis-associate it from your Gamertag and onto another address.

The method you described should work though.

dragonpwnr99
04-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Ok thanks that is what i thought i'd do, but I wanted to make sure the Prior wasnt doable. Thanks :)

EDIT: Are you absolutly sure I will need the password for email 1? When i was looking at doing it on the Xbox it didnt seem like i would :/

Chaosx721
04-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Ok thanks that is what i thought i'd do, but I wanted to make sure the Prior wasnt doable. Thanks :)

EDIT: Are you absolutly sure I will need the password for email 1? When i was looking at doing it on the Xbox it didnt seem like i would :/
You might need the password to log in to your email1, because I think you get an email sent to you to confirm that its ok to switch the emails.

dragonpwnr99
04-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Dammit :/ that really sucks

DragonsGoMOO
04-07-2011, 12:18 AM
I don't understand people using one email for everything, but one thing.... Unless it's personal, like xxx stuff, but still.

I understand one email being for everything, and another being for gaming reasons only.

But never one email for everything, then one email for one little thing.

You probably do need your password. It's not gonna let you switch emails for your account all willy nilly. If you could, people would be taking other people's accounts.

dragonpwnr99
04-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Yeah that was the reason i wanted to switch was vause i lost the pass for my email and wanted to get any offers or any cool emails that they would send me... or if i buy somthing and they email me something that came witht the pre-order or some shit.
Well do you think it would mess anything up if i tried, and they did send me a confirmation email and i just never answered it?

Chaosx721
04-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Yeah that was the reason i wanted to switch was vause i lost the pass for my email and wanted to get any offers or any cool emails that they would send me... or if i buy somthing and they email me something that came witht the pre-order or some shit.
Well do you think it would mess anything up if i tried, and they did send me a confirmation email and i just never answered it?
It wont do anything, there's no point to it if you don't accept the confirmation. You can try calling Microsoft and see if they can do the switch and just say you lost that email address and no longer have access to it.

Ok looks like I was wrong. You can change the email without needing to log on to your other email. If you just sign in here http://explore.live.com/ then click on your name at the top left, then click on account. Then under account info for your windows live ID, click change then change it to the email you want, then it sends the email you want the confirmation and you click on that and you're good to go.

dragonpwnr99
04-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Very cool, thanks very much guys :) very happy