PDA

View Full Version : Xbox slim power brick noise!!

Jack101
04-06-2011, 11:54 PM
So I recently bought a slim, and the first thing I noticed was that the Console was much quieter but the power brick's fan was reaalllyy loud, one of the main reasons I bought a slim was for it to be quieter :( It doesn't make a sound for the first 2 minutes of it being on but then suddenly the fans turn on and it gets really loud. Any help ? =[

HuMuRoUs
04-07-2011, 12:10 AM
I have the exact same problem, console is deadly quiet and power brick sounds like it's taking off lol, think my slim may be broken anyway its on 12+ hours a day keeps freezing and making a weird beep noise :confused:

Jack101
04-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Hey is your slim quite loud when games are running too?

xxJUSTINxx
04-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Hey is your slim quite loud when games are running too?
You should be installing your games. That fixes the disk noise.

HuMuRoUs
04-07-2011, 12:33 AM
not really, i have the 250gb model and the games i am currently playing i install on the hard drive so the fan barely turns as its reading data from the hard drive. My bro's slim makes quite a racket though

HuMuRoUs
04-07-2011, 12:36 AM
You should be installing your games. That fixes the disk noise.

I agree, if you have the 250gb hard drive you should install the games, less noise, if you bump your xbox for some reason the disc will not be afflicted with those deadly circle scratches as the disc isnt moving and chances of it over-heating are minimal. :uzi:

Jack101
04-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Yeah I do install them, I was just wondering because when they weren't installed they were almost as bad as the fat xbox.

StarsRPD
09-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Power Brick sounds like a Jet! Hopefully I can get a new xbox slim soon. The xbox 360 elite/arcade is more silent.

Jet sound started after leaving xbox on for a week.

newbsicle
09-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I actually took my power brick apart, removed the original fan, then cut hole and installed a 60mm fan on top. It's kinda cool looking since it lights up red. Would have used something smaller but it's the only fan I had that wasn't going to be used in a pc.

You could try taking it apart and placing just a dot of mineral oil on the fan itself. For me this didn't fix the problem so I ended up replacing the fan completely.

ChickinOnaChain
09-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Power Brick sounds like a Jet! Jet sound started after leaving xbox on for a week.
A WEEK??? :eek: There's the problem.