PDA

View Full Version : XBLA Card Codes?

AmbaLaBamba
04-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Okay, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen these cards in any of the UK's GAME stores? The idea is you purchase one of these cards using cash, scratch off the back as you would with any other type of Microsoft card and then use the code to download specific arcade games via XBL.

So far each of the stores I have visited hasn't had these, but some people have mentioned seeing these particular cards whilst out and about and some have mentioned the fact it is just a trial (so asuming this it would only be done in certain larger stores).

Any details would be great, here's what they look like.

http://ready-up.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/The_Future_02-550x205.jpg

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
they are the full game. its just an alternative to buying points and purchasing them from xbox

Wortsenawl
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM
they are the full game. its just an alternative to buying points and purchasing them from xbox

I think AmbaLaBamba meant that Game was trialling the selling of these cards in their UK stores, not the games were trial versions.

I have heard about it and kept an eye out, but I have never seen any appear in the game stores I visit from time to time.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I think AmbaLaBamba meant that Game was trialling the selling of these cards in their UK stores, not the games were trial versions.

I have heard about it and kept an eye out, but I have never seen any appear in the game stores I visit from time to time.

i see i misread. yeah its a trial atm. I have them in my town in portsmouth,hampshire.

AmbaLaBamba
04-07-2011, 01:19 PM

I just wanted to know if anyone had seen them, appears you haven't either.

EDIT: But it seems that Char has, interesting.

Burnout x360a
04-07-2011, 01:20 PM

He meant they stores are trialling it right now.

I haven't seen them in my local store yet so it goes along with the idea of larger stores (like oxford street) doing it first.

JDMBO1
04-07-2011, 01:26 PM
I don't know how helpful this is, but these XBLA cards seem I see a lot of them there in most stores that sell game in the US. I see them in various stores, so I suppose the more the XBLA cards become popular in the UK, the more they'll show up. It's really marketing they have to look at the product and see if they'll make a profit. Then again they might just be doing that system like they do with MS points cards, where they put the code on the receipt.

irJessica
04-07-2011, 02:56 PM
The Game stores in Plymouth and Gloucester do not have these :(

I haven't bought points for a while, is 6/80 for splosion man a good deal?
If it is I may have to invest in these if my local game ever gets them.

Burnout x360a
04-07-2011, 06:33 PM
The Game stores in Plymouth and Gloucester do not have these :(

I haven't bought points for a while, is 6/80 for splosion man a good deal?
If it is I may have to invest in these if my local game ever gets them.

6.80 is the same value as 800 microsoft points. Which is what Splosion Man costs on the marketplace.

ginge88isfun
04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Haven't seen them in the GAME stores here in Stoke :(

DeekBoy
04-07-2011, 08:00 PM
I have seen them in my local Gamestop in California. Anything from arcade titles to map packs.

Zen25
04-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I could've swore that these were around for a long time. I remember picking up Geometry Wars years ago with one of these things.

MagicMurderBag7
04-07-2011, 08:42 PM
They have them in Gamestops in New Jersey. They have everything from XBLA games to Rock Band DLC.

From what i've seen though is that they are the same as just buying a points card and buying the game on the console. The only difference i've seen is that Super Meat Boy is $10 (800MSP) if you buy the card and i think its $15 (1200MSP) on the arcade

TemporalWizard
04-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I have seen them in my local Gamestop in California. Anything from arcade titles to map packs.

I could've swore that these were around for a long time. I remember picking up Geometry Wars years ago with one of these things.

They have them in Gamestops in New Jersey. They have everything from XBLA games to Rock Band DLC.

They've had them all over the US for quite a while now. The OP is talking about them being new to the UK.

I M1K3Y B I
04-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I have seen them in my local Gamestation, but doesn't seem worth it to me :(

irJessica
04-07-2011, 10:02 PM
6.80 is the same value as 800 microsoft points. Which is what Splosion Man costs on the marketplace.

Not a significant difference.. Think I'll just stick to points means I have some left over if I ever fancy deal of the week.

snazzyskier
04-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I knew they used to have them on Amazon.com, but they were pulled a few months ago.

Chaosx721
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Yea these been around for awhile. I've seen them at Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop. They are the full game.

sm182
04-08-2011, 12:51 AM
My local GameStation has these also, you could try there if your local GAME doesn't stock them.

Hariibo Kid x
05-22-2011, 05:07 PM
if thier on a code cant you just scratch of the stuff to get to the code because i remember my friends trying to do this with msp in WHSmiths im not sure if it worked for them but cant you just do it ? :L

Glowin Smurff
05-22-2011, 06:06 PM
if thier on a code cant you just scratch of the stuff to get to the code because i remember my friends trying to do this with msp in WHSmiths im not sure if it worked for them but cant you just do it ? :L

that's theft, but they're not activated till purchased.

Hariibo Kid x
05-22-2011, 07:50 PM
they're not activated till purchased.
i knew it wouldnt work

Jimbo76
05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Good for birthday presents and Christmas stocking fillers I suppose. no good to me, I will just buy the points on my card.

Corrupt.
05-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Good for people who haven't got internet connections... Oh, hang on :rolleyes: