PDA

View Full Version : Win 5 sponsored events on the PGA TOUR...

mark21667
04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
It's a level 2 Ping objective. Bit of a pain when you have done all sponsored events that unlock gear. Only the rare EA sponsored ones left.

mark21667
04-09-2011, 12:47 PM
WARNING! This may be broken. Do it as early as possible. I had done all the sponsored events that unlocked gear when I started going for it. I am at the point where a few EA sponsored events appear each season. I have won well over 5 of them with no joy.

nastymastadaddy
04-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Ouch. Well I hope you can still get your prototype pin. I can't beleive the EA sponsor challenges don't count.

scttsmall
04-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I think I can help you there. I did the same thing. The EA sponsor challenges do count. You just cant switch to another sponsor during this attempt or you are reset and lose all progress toward the five. I finally figured this out and just left it with PING through about a season and a half and finally got the 5 EA challenges to unlock this.

mark21667
04-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I got it in the end.

ajennice
04-11-2011, 04:30 AM
I skipped out on the PING one after trying like hell to hole out an iron (yeah.. didn't think about a 9 iron chip till I was 3/4 through Nike).

By time I got abck to finishing the PING one I was at the end of my 6th seasonand the challenges were only on DLC and the AUG par 3 course.
After I won the masters for no7, I got he NIKE cheive, and swiotched to PING. Next course I holes a 9 iron chip and it unlocked the lvl 2. I go to Sponsors to see what was next, and mostr of them waere already completed. I don't know if it stacked them when I was on PING lvl 1 for a few tourneys or what, but it unlocked the HH2 gear and clubs.

See if getting the other things out of the way will pop the 5 sponsor wins as well

billjones0302
04-16-2011, 03:22 AM
I think I can help you there. I did the same thing. The EA sponsor challenges do count. You just cant switch to another sponsor during this attempt or you are reset and lose all progress toward the five. I finally figured this out and just left it with PING through about a season and a half and finally got the 5 EA challenges to unlock this.

Thanks for the information. I had started the Ping challenges, then skipped to Nike. Now, back at Ping and all of my challenges have been completed (50/99). I have no idea where some people are finding 90+ sponsor challenges, I just do not have them available (I have not skipped any). I guess I am going to have to play more than 5, a lot more.

Edit: Presently on Season 4, I still need 3 challenges for the Ping sponsor. I also found that you can in fact receive sponsor challenges in the DLC tournaments. I downloaded Rivera (I always liked the course) just to check and I received a challenge (beat Tiger in match play over 9 holes). I know the Masters tournament has one, so I will play it by ear and see how it goes, especially since I have to play at least two more seasons anyway (presently 151 weeks at #1).

Edit #2: Got it! Played for another season plus 13 tournaments to finally pick up my last one.

SatNiteEduardo
04-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Wow surprised anyone is struggling with these. I have all dlc and in the 2nd half of season 2. I did each sponsor in turn to level 4. All I have left is play in a major with all Nike gear for level 3 and then all level 4 exceot I already have a hole in one.

I can only assume people switch sponsors whereas I stayed with my current sponsor until totally complete and people may be skipping events too early in career.

I know the dlc makes a big difference too.