PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get achievements while not connected to xbox live?

InternalPain
04-09-2011, 12:07 AM
OK well Im going to be going to a friends house and he doesnt have Internet. but if I recover my gamertag and play some games and I get some achievements on them will that be ok? like if I go back to my house and recover my gamertag will they still be there?

Spanish Assault
04-09-2011, 12:09 AM
yes. You will be able to get any achievements that dont require xbox live.

Telexen
1. your plan will inherently fail because if he doesn't have internet you won't be able to "recover" your gamertag on it. You can transfer it via a USB memory stick though.

2. You can earn them offline, they will just appear as earned offline without a date attached.

3. If you recover your gamertag back to a 360 after it has earned achievements offline on another 360 - you will lose them if it never connected to Live to tell the servers the achievements were earned. Once again, you can transfer with a USB memory stick to avoid this problem.

veece16
If you achieve the achievements offline, and recover your gamertag, they'll be gone. How are you going to recover your profile if he doesn't have internet?

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-09-2011, 10:34 AM
OK well Im going to be going to a friends house and he doesnt have Internet. but if I recover my gamertag and play some games and I get some achievements on them will that be ok? like if I go back to my house and recover my gamertag will they still be there?

if he doesnt have internet you cant recover anything.

take a memory stick or card with your profile on it, earn achievements and take it home and put your tag back on your hardrive. sign into live to make them stay and you'll be fine.

Frasr
04-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah, you won't be able to recover your gamertag without the internets

StillTIPPIN187
04-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Just put your profile on a USB and then Go over your friends house.

But! i would download the newest Dash Update from XBOX.com and put that on the USB as well.. In case your friend xbox is wayyy out of date (if its wayyy outta date then the the xbox wont recognize your profile on the USB)

gamerguy69
04-09-2011, 05:14 PM
You might also want to move any relevant GAME SAVES that you are planning to use at your friend's house. Just move them onto the same USB stick. Go into Settings>>Memory>>Games . . . from the Games list you highlight the title you want and Select Y.

I have my profile on a USB along with some game SAVES only because I will occasionally switch out HDDs from 20GB to 120GB.

my_box_72
04-09-2011, 07:39 PM

definately you will still be able to earn them offline as well as online ;)

Johnnyboy
04-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes you can achieve offline, and if you log onto any machine with your Gamertag they will bank them for you :)

Snowwwwy
04-10-2011, 01:21 AM
It sure is possible.

ImmortalLeoman
04-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Yes you will get achievements, you just wont get a date next to them. You have to be connected to the internet for the achievements to "log" with your name though. If you are offline at your friends house and get any achievement, you would then need to connect to the internet there to have the achievements back were you normaly play. Or at least this is how it has worked for me. Sadly they havent invented technology that magicly reads achievements anywhere.