PDA

View Full Version : Legendary weapons-how hard?

Bohemian
04-09-2011, 12:40 AM
How hard and long does it actually take to get all of the legendary weapons?
I want this game but i read in the achievement guide that it takes a while and i got a bit of OCD with getting all of the achievements and dont want to spend X hours trying to get this.

Ragnarok1986
04-09-2011, 07:03 AM
How hard and long does it actually take to get all of the legendary weapons?
I want this game but i read in the achievement guide that it takes a while and i got a bit of OCD with getting all of the achievements and dont want to spend X hours trying to get this.

It used to be a pain. But alot of people on the weapon tradi part are just giving full sets away. One gamer called jump must have given 6 sets away, so pop in there someone will help :)

Steelstick
04-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Its luck as well.
When I was on 38, my friend informed me he had all 50 and lend me the ones I still needed, so I was really lucky
You might also find you'll spend days to months trading these weapons.
Especially Jack's Hammer and Skorms Justice appear to be 'rare'
If you're not a 100%-type of gamer, I'd say leave this achievement alone.

aSMiLoN
04-10-2011, 09:08 AM
From my experience I got around 90% of the weapons (44) in 4 gamethroughs. The first run took longer since it was on my main character, the second with a couch co-op took less but I did a little exploration with the evil choices and the female character and on the next 2 I performed only the basics to be able to reach to the point to unlock the weapons available.

After that I was lucky enough to find someone who had the remaining 6 weapons so another gamethrough was not needed.

All in all I would say that 5-6 runs should be sufficient to have all the weapons by yourself, if you do not want to rely on someone to trade for...

Bohemian
04-11-2011, 06:23 AM
From my experience I got around 90% of the weapons (44) in 4 gamethroughs. The first run took longer since it was on my main character, the second with a couch co-op took less but I did a little exploration with the evil choices and the female character and on the next 2 I performed only the basics to be able to reach to the point to unlock the weapons available.

After that I was lucky enough to find someone who had the remaining 6 weapons so another gamethrough was not needed.

All in all I would say that 5-6 runs should be sufficient to have all the weapons by yourself, if you do not want to rely on someone to trade for...

Ok but wouldnt your main character have, lets just say 20 weapons on 1 save, 2nd char 15 on a 2nd save file, 3rd char 5 weapons on a 3rd save file, and 4th char has 4 weapons on a 4th saved file.
How did you get all those 44 weapons onto 1 save file with 1 character? Was it with 2 xboxs and trade online?

aSMiLoN
04-11-2011, 07:17 AM
You just need to have a second controller.

On my main character I had collected all 50 silver keys, so when my couch co-op character reached a silver key chest I logged along my main character, opened the chest and the weapon was given to the couch co-op. When I had collected enough weapons I just initiated a trade with the 2 characters and gave all of them to the main.

Also, since the main character was maxed out, he helped out really nice to finish fast difficult fights so the game progressed faster.

Bohemian
04-11-2011, 08:27 AM
You just need to have a second controller.

On my main character I had collected all 50 silver keys, so when my couch co-op character reached a silver key chest I logged along my main character, opened the chest and the weapon was given to the couch co-op. When I had collected enough weapons I just initiated a trade with the 2 characters and gave all of them to the main.

Also, since the main character was maxed out, he helped out really nice to finish fast difficult fights so the game progressed faster.

What do you mean by couch co-op character?
Can you play 2 players in the campaign?

aSMiLoN
04-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Yes, you just create an new profile if you haven't got one already, start the game with it and if you need the main character to paly along, you just log in with your gamertag on the second controller and press Start from that controller. Voila! Two players in the campaign :-)

Bohemian
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Yes, you just create an new profile if you haven't got one already, start the game with it and if you need the main character to paly along, you just log in with your gamertag on the second controller and press Start from that controller. Voila! Two players in the campaign :-)

Cool thanks for that, you just made my decision of buying the game :)