PDA

View Full Version : Promised BETA? Bull

XTC Headhunt3r
04-09-2011, 01:23 AM
I remember i bought Splinter Cell Conviction for the Ghost Recon FS beta, i love SCC but the beta was the selling point, still no beta and game keeps getting pushed back. I purchased the borderlands GOTY even though i had 3 of the 4 DLC's already JUST FOR THE DNF beta, and it doesnt look like im getting one either.

As of now, unless anyone reading this has ANY GOD DAMN CLUE about either of those betas, im buying neither game and writing a letter to both companies telling them to go fuck themselves for shelling out empty promises.

as much as i want DNF, i wont support Gearbox for this and i will buy the game used so they dont see a dime. and as far as Ghost Recon, that game doesnt seem like its ever coming out.

anyone want to share your anger lets see what the community has to say!

Mr Bungle
04-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Ubisoft has given a news update regarding the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Multiplayer Beta, which was confirmed to have been delayed, and recently reported to have been cancelled.

In a post on the games’ official Facebook page the publisher says plans for the Beta are still very much around, stating, “There has been some speculation that the beta has been cancelled. The beta is absolutely still on the schedule and we will be sure to give you further details when we get closer to it. Thanks for your patience!”

Those who purchased selected copies of Ubisoft’s stealth-centric blockbuster Splinter Cell: Conviction on Xbox 360 will be granted access to the Beta, which was pushed into 2011 alongside Future Soldier mid-last year

Personally I think you should calm down a little. :)

Would you rather the game(s) not come out at all?

Pootcrum
04-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Games getting pushed back is not uncommon, and the Beta getting pushed back with it only makes sense. Chill. I view it as Ubisoft taking their time to make sure Future Soldier is as awesome as it should be.

Also, your letter will not do shit. At most you will get a bog standard 'copy-paste' response. Most likely you will get nothing.

AmbaLaBamba
04-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Oh yeah, that beta... forgot about that completely. Thanks for the update Mr B, hopefully it wont be cancelled.

Foxxy kyle
04-09-2011, 02:21 AM
This isnt uncommon at all.

Chaosx721
04-09-2011, 02:22 AM
What empty promises? There's no beta out yet, how do you expect to play a beta that's not out? Games get pushed back all the time, this isn't something new. Once they release the beta you'll still get in, in the mean time play something else till it comes out. And sending a letter in will do nothing, maybe a few laughs at who ever reads them.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Well.. As far as I know, the Duke Nukem Forever 'Beta' isn't really a Beta. It's just a demo that the people who got the GOTY edition of Borderlands get like a week or so before the demo goes live.

sak7395
04-09-2011, 09:48 AM
I forgot about this but yeah it'd be nice to see this beta any time soon

StillTIPPIN187
04-09-2011, 10:01 AM
o yeah, ghost recon. ehh forgot all about that game.. everyone else will prolly do the same before its released.

XTC Headhunt3r
04-10-2011, 08:29 AM
i hope to god they dont just dilly dally(no homo) with these, and i sure hope the DNF is actually worth it and judging by the delays its leaving a lot to be skeptical about. (cant really expect a masterpiece to be crapped out overnight)

but i honestly think that companies would be a lot better off not PROMISING about a beta, only for it the games to kinda get delayed to the point where ive read on this thread alone "oh yeah that game"

unless your bulletstorm and gears 3 status on your beta i dont think it really matters any longer, you can get Dukes First Access club just by preorder now which kinda defeats the purpose of the "super elite access code"

i say scratch the BETA bullshit and release more demo's, Crytek did a great job selling a whole bunch of my friends on Crysis 2 with the demo, and i think we wouldnt be seeing so many USED copies of Homefront(including mine) if more companies manned-the-fuck-up and let people try the game before we buy them so we dont have the need to feel "play safe with a used copy"

sorry, im hella ADD

StillTIPPIN187
04-10-2011, 09:32 AM
i hope to god they dont just dilly dally(no homo) with these, and i sure hope the DNF is actually worth it and judging by the delays its leaving a lot to be skeptical about. (cant really expect a masterpiece to be crapped out overnight)

but i honestly think that companies would be a lot better off not PROMISING about a beta, only for it the games to kinda get delayed to the point where ive read on this thread alone "oh yeah that game"

unless your bulletstorm and gears 3 status on your beta i dont think it really matters any longer, you can get Dukes First Access club just by preorder now which kinda defeats the purpose of the "super elite access code"

i say scratch the BETA bullshit and release more demo's, Crytek did a great job selling a whole bunch of my friends on Crysis 2 with the demo, and i think we wouldnt be seeing so many USED copies of Homefront(including mine) if more companies manned-the-fuck-up and let people try the game before we buy them so we dont have the need to feel "play safe with a used copy"

sorry, im hella ADD

Well, There was a beta for homefront.. I know it wasn't a demo but it was a pretty good representation of what you would be getting from the full game.

Spanish Assault
04-10-2011, 12:58 PM
For the most part Ubisoft is a great developer, so they want a finished product on the market. Be thankful they didn't take the THQ approach and just release it and say...ehh we'll fix it with patches...

Gackt
04-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I remember i bought Splinter Cell Conviction for the Ghost Recon FS beta, i love SCC but the beta was the selling point, still no beta and game keeps getting pushed back. I purchased the borderlands GOTY even though i had 3 of the 4 DLC's already JUST FOR THE DNF beta, and it doesnt look like im getting one either.

As of now, unless anyone reading this has ANY GOD DAMN CLUE about either of those betas, im buying neither game and writing a letter to both companies telling them to go fuck themselves for shelling out empty promises.

as much as i want DNF, i wont support Gearbox for this and i will buy the game used so they dont see a dime. and as far as Ghost Recon, that game doesnt seem like its ever coming out.

anyone want to share your anger lets see what the community has to say!

Holy crap... whine much? You're not going to buy great games because they are not ready to release beta's quick enough for you? lol...

institutions
04-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Anyone who buys a game for the sole reason of playing the beta of another game is fucking retarded anyway.

litepink
04-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I'd kill to see a copy of this letter/rant you send of to Ubisoft. I'm sure you'll stick it to them!

ARCANEVALORE
04-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Anyone who buys a game for the sole reason of playing the beta of another game is fucking retarded anyway.

I disagree on that, I bought bulletstorm for the Gears 3 beta and so did many other people. Just lucky it turned out to be a "Dick breaking" Game XD

As for the one who made this thread, Just wait and research it instead of whining. Gears 3 should of been out this month but i'm glad Microsoft pushed it back and we do get a beta. Cause Gears 2 is probably the worst mainstream multiplayer I've ever touched. Even the updates made it worse (minus the 2 piece changes) Sure I still play it because it's Gears but yeah.

LFC Alevop
04-10-2011, 04:32 PM
When did they say exactly that they PROMISE these beta's???

and why would anyone get angry about a game, its a game, calm down and live your life :)

ImmortalLeoman
04-10-2011, 09:15 PM
These things are subject to change, so quit crying and wait. Games get pushed back all the time.

DaChiefOfOwnage
04-11-2011, 10:02 AM
I disagree on that, I bought bulletstorm for the Gears 3 beta and so did many other people.

And how do you feel now that you can get into the Gears 3 beta for free?

Burning Karma
04-12-2011, 01:38 AM
And how do you feel now that you can get into the Gears 3 beta for free?
A week later and without a Flamming Hammerburst.

I actually forgot about the DNF beta.....huh, funny.

DaChiefOfOwnage
04-12-2011, 09:59 AM
A week later and without a Flamming Hammerburst.

I actually forgot about the DNF beta.....huh, funny.

So you paid the price of a full retail game for a flaming hammerburst.

Make us proud.

Burning Karma
04-13-2011, 01:44 AM
So you paid the price of a full retail game for a flaming hammerburst.

Make us proud.
I didn't, no. I paid for Bulletstorm.

And I'd rather not make you proud.

DragonsGoMOO
04-13-2011, 01:51 AM
I don't even....
Just wait it out. Play other games. Quit thinking about it.

That's what I did for whatever games, betas, events that come out. It's not hard.

If they keep pushing it back, it's probably to work on it and make it better, and to fix the glitches or whatever.

Tyrion619
04-13-2011, 02:44 AM
I forgot about the DNF beta.

I signed up for it when I got the GOTY Edition of Borderlands.

Mr Bungle
04-13-2011, 04:17 AM
I forgot about the DNF beta.

I signed up for it when I got the GOTY Edition of Borderlands.

Same here. Hopefully the DNF Beta is near :)

DENAz666
04-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Better then them releasing a broken game. Just be patient. If they don't release it at all, then you've got every right to be pissed, but for all we know they could have had some major issues and needed to delay it. Granted they should of told us, but it could be worse