PDA

View Full Version : Pro Shop - Changing Clothes Issue.

PuppieSnacks
04-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I recently noticed an issue when changing my players polo shirt within the pro shop - shirts menu. I changed my polo shirt from the default EA Sports red polo to an Ashworth green polo, but when I go to play a course...my shirt is still the EA Sports red polo. In other words, the game is not recognizing that I am changing my outfit when I play a course, but my shirt change is confirmed within the pro-shop preview of my player. Anyone else having this issue?

NJAM14Titleist
04-09-2011, 01:32 PM
You have to press A to select the item. Then make sure you save the appearance as you leave the pro shop.

xbfrittsox360
04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Once you're finishing making changes, keep hitting :bbut: until you're prompted that you're about to leave the Pro Shop and if you would like to save the changes you made. This should work but if not let us know.

ejbadger
04-09-2011, 02:39 PM
I've noticed that when I do the Masters Challenges that I have a red hat on. LOL

PuppieSnacks
04-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Deleted my players profile and saved game settings (just started the game yesterday, so I wasn't far at all) from my hard drive, and made a new player from scratch again...same clothing-change issue though, so its still a problem.

Its odd because it appears to even happen with trying to change shoes as well, and not just a polo shirt. I do confirm my selection (the green check-mark appears) and I do save my changes before leaving the Pro Shop. My changes are shown in the my appearance menu as well. But when I go to play a practice round, its all still the same default clothing -- but when I am in the club-tuner at the driving range, my changes do appear? Also, I decided to start-up the first tournament (EA Tiburon), my changes will also appear...so its seems to be an issue with choosing to play a practice round...

PuppieSnacks
04-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Okay, another up-date on this issue here - I decided to do some trial and error experimenting, ha!

What I found is that the clothing change issue only appears to happen when specifically choosing to play at Augusta National and the Augusta Par 3 Course...both in Quick Play and in Practice Round. I loaded up several different courses such as TPC Sawgrass and Bethpage Black (pre-order) and my changes will take effect. So again, it seems to be an issue limited to choosing Augusta National and Augusta Par 3. EA probably needs notified of a game-update/patch fix...

PuppieSnacks
04-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Alright, well I think I may have found the answer to the issue I was concerned about...and for anyone else wondering the same thing.

I looked up "Augusta Clothes" on EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 Forums: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/jforum.page?module=search&action=search&forum=558&match_type=all&search_keywords=Augusta+Clothes, and found several posts mentioning that your player must conform to the Augusta National dress-code/attire. I'm glad this is the case and didn't have a defective disk! Also, I read that whatever your current Sponsor is, it will automatically change your players outfit to the most appropriate one available, if I'm typing this correctly...and your players attributes and statistics will not be affected, they do remain the same. Apparently, the Ashworth green polo and golf slacks my player had on didn't meet the dress-code, ha! So, I think it's safe to say your player can't wear short's on the course either...

Hope this helps and sheds some light on the issue/rule for anyone else that was wondering the same thing as I was. And thank's to those who responded to my concern.