PDA

View Full Version : 30 Yard putt, taylormade level 3?!?!?!?!

tuk3r
04-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Where the hell can i make this shot? i tried it in "practice round" and nailed it but it didnt count! :mad: 30 yards works out about 90 feet, the only course i have found so far is st andrews on the first par 5, which has a really big putting green. PLEASE PLEASE HELP! :( ive spent ages trying this one to no avail, please tell me theres an easy way to get this?

thanks in advance!

DarkSeraphim198
04-09-2011, 08:23 PM
This needs to be carried out in tournament mode, best way to do it is just start up your next tournament and get your 30+ foot putt on the 1st hole, if you miss it the first time just chip back out on to the green (away from the hole) until you make the putt. You can then quit out and restart the round again so it won't affect your score.

tuk3r
04-09-2011, 08:35 PM
This needs to be carried out in tournament mode, best way to do it is just start up your next tournament and get your 30+ foot putt on the 1st hole, if you miss it the first time just chip back out on to the green (away from the hole) until you make the putt. You can then quit out and restart the round again so it won't affect your score.

thanks for the reply and advice

its a 30 yard putt which means 90 foot :mad: (pretty big), not all greens are that big to accommodate such a big putt :(

markarontierney
04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
It's a 30ft putt not 30yards

xbfrittsox360
04-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I hope you mean feet, not yards haha. Because that would just be ridiculous. Finding a green where you can set yourself up for a 90 foot putt is rare. Wish I could provide some advice though besides that it needs to be done in an actual tournament, not practice.

NJAM14Titleist
04-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I hope you mean feet, not yards haha. Because that would just be ridiculous. Finding a green where you can set yourself up for a 90 foot putt is rare. Wish I could provide some advice though besides that it needs to be done in an actual tournament, not practice.

I dropped a 99 ft putt on 18 of either Waialae or Atlanta Athletic.

Stewie Griffin2
04-09-2011, 09:12 PM
All of you are wrong. You need to sink a SHOT from 30+ yards, not necessarily a putt. It's similar to the level 1 objective, except it actually has a distance requirement whereas the first one just required it to be anything but the putter.

If you're trying to get this easily, take any layup options your caddie gives you on approach shots as they'll usually leave you at least 30 yards away but close enough that you pitch it instead of taking a full swing. If you're looking to avoid taking a hit in your score, just try it on the first hole of a tournament. If you don't sink it, pitch it back off the green and try again until you get a "Shot Limit Exceeded" (10 strokes) and then save and quit and restart the round. Once you do sink it, save and quit AFTER the next hole loads and it will still be unlocked, assuming you don't birdie it and can just keep playing your round.

NJAM14Titleist
04-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I got my 90 foot putt on TPC San Antonio 13.

SpiderPig83
04-12-2011, 09:18 PM
I got my 90 foot putt on TPC San Antonio 13.

Cheers for that tip just got it on my first try :)

lincoln80
04-19-2011, 03:32 AM
Knowing it can be a putt that makes it sooo much easier. Thanks

TheChich81
04-20-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm still having trouble getting the shot off the green for the level one objective. What's the best way to do it?

xplanetpiscesx
04-20-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm still having trouble getting the shot off the green for the level one objective. What's the best way to do it?

A short pitch is the easiest way. During the final rounds of tournaments the flags are sometimes placed just a couple of yards from the edge of green so it's really easy to get it that way. Max out your focus on the shot and it's a sure thing if you've lined it up correctly. One thing that doesn't work though it putting from off the green.