PDA

View Full Version : Ok who wants to be the person to give me the bad news..

Wampus Cra
04-09-2011, 05:38 PM
I skipped some sponsorship challenges early on cause I didn't know to unlock the suits you need to unlock all items, ok my question is am I screwed in unlocking those items? Should I just start a new career and make sure to do them all?? I was just hoping if I did them all for now on I might get them all...

nastymastadaddy
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I skipped some sponsorship challenges early on cause I didn't know to unlock the suits you need to unlock all items, ok my question is am I screwed in unlocking those items? Should I just start a new career and make sure to do them all?? I was just hoping if I did them all for now on I might get them all...

You don't have to. You can unlock the suit by purchasing all proshop items with MSP. Some people say that the last season in the game is season 7 but I am currently in season 8 so if you want to unlock all items by playing the sponsor challenges then if you are only in your first season your best bet may be to just restart.

Wampus Cra
04-09-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm at the masters in my 2nd season, I probably missed 10 maybe more sponsorship challenges... so just doing all the sponsorship challenges from here on out won't unlock the ones I missed even if they are the sponsorship challenges I needed??? I think I'm missing some cobra equipment and mizuno or something... maybe I should just start over just hate building a guy from scratch when I'm all 85s right now.

Wampus Cra
04-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Decided to just say screw it and keep on going if I'm missing 20 items at the end of my career so be it, I didn't wanna lose all my gold masteries pins etc and just start over.. guess I'm content with 935 if I get that far w this game..

smellysoc1
04-09-2011, 07:19 PM
other are saying the sponsor challenges just keeps coming until you unlocked them all as if you go through 7 seasons there is way more than 99 challenges so if you miss one it will just come up again?

nastymastadaddy
04-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Your only in your second season so you should be fine. If you were in your 4th season then you may be in trouble.

Stewie Griffin2
04-09-2011, 09:23 PM
I can't say this with any degree of certainty, but I THINK that there may be a set amount of sponsor challenges for each event, and if you skip it in the first year they all just get pushed back. I may be wrong, as one of my buddies got all pins, got "Broken Record" and then started simulating tournaments, playing only sponsor challenges until he reached the end of his 8th season and still needed 3-5 challenges.

It may be that if you skip one, you're screwed. I may try to confirm this sometime soon by writing down the challenges I'm getting in my second season, then starting a new golfer and play nothing but sponsor challenges through my entire career and see if they're all the same or if they're different.

nastymastadaddy
04-09-2011, 09:56 PM
They do get pushed back. They remain the same I believe. Also stewie did your buddy's career end after the 8th season? Just curious if 8 season's is the max.

Stewie Griffin2
04-09-2011, 10:12 PM
They do get pushed back. They remain the same I believe. Also stewie did your buddy's career end after the 8th season? Just curious if 8 season's is the max.

I'm pretty sure it was 8. He may not even know though, because like I said he was simming everything except for sponsor challenges after winning his 7th jacket and getting the "Broken Record" achievement.

I can tell you that you will have to beat the Par 3 Challenge at the Masters every single season, because he was unlocking 1-2 EA items every year for that. If you haven't done so, you may as well just forget about it.

Philip1979
04-10-2011, 11:49 AM
I unlocked all the items from the pro shop with only 52/99 sponsor challenges completed.

mark21667
04-10-2011, 12:37 PM
I did it at around 60. Go to Pro Shop. Search for all unlocked items. Write down the brands and numbers of items left. Only do challenges that unlock them. Tick them off as you get them. You'll have it in no time.

mark21667
04-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Sorry, I meant 'locked'.

Stewie Griffin2
04-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I unlocked all the items from the pro shop with only 52/99 sponsor challenges completed.

My bad on that. What's the point in doing them to 99 then? They sure as hell don't reward you as far as XP is concerned. Is there any benefit of continuing to do them?

Philip1979
04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Since everthing has unlocked i haven't got anymore off them to select to play; only sponsor event you can get is the 9-holes Par 3 course at Augusta.

Wampus Cra
04-10-2011, 11:13 PM
I missed the first par 3 sponsorship challenge so I'm guessing ill just buy that piece of equipment with MSP, should be the only thing ill miss cause I'm sitting on about 33 sponsorship challenges done and still got a few fed ex cup events to finish hoping I don't run into any problems, cause I think ill be able to 1k this.

CanuckLefty
04-10-2011, 11:44 PM
In the same vein as the TC's question, what about the pins? Specifically the "25 Aces". I'm at exactly one through 2.5 seasons. Should I stop playing around the middle of the sixth season to focus on the Aces pin?

Stewie Griffin2
04-11-2011, 12:03 AM
In the same vein as the TC's question, what about the pins? Specifically the "25 Aces". I'm at exactly one through 2.5 seasons. Should I stop playing around the middle of the sixth season to focus on the Aces pin?

No, that one can be done in any game mode. You're given the option to retire or keep your current golfer at the end of the 8th season. Just keep your current golfer and play Augusta Par 3 course.

Trash Man
04-14-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm ok to skip 1 or 2 sponsor events then? I've done everyone so far, I'm on 44 of 99. I'm stuck on the one where you have to get back to back eagles on the 2 of the 3 par 5 holes.

mark21667
04-14-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm ok to skip 1 or 2 sponsor events then? I've done everyone so far, I'm on 44 of 99. I'm stuck on the one where you have to get back to back eagles on the 2 of the 3 par 5 holes.

Ah yes, the Costa Navarino one. The only really tough one in the game. It helps to have mastered the course, but not much.

Trash Man
04-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Ah yes, the Costa Navarino one. The only really tough one in the game. It helps to have mastered the course, but not much.

Can I skip it or not? It would be the first one I've skipped.

mark21667
04-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Can I skip it or not? It would be the first one I've skipped.

Not sure. It might reappear in future seasons when your golfer is better. Try backing up your save and skipping events to see if it appears again.

Trash Man
04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Not sure. It might reappear in future seasons when your golfer is better. Try backing up your save and skipping events to see if it appears again.

My golfer is 90's in everything so he's not going to get much better.

I don't really want to go back to it, it's just I'm seeing people saying they have got everything unlock with doing only 50 odd of the sponsor events. I was hoping that I can just leave this one for good and still unlock everything.

I've eagle the 2nd hole several times, but I'm buggered if I can get the other 2.

TeL2K7
04-15-2011, 05:29 PM
im in 2nd season and when i do a sponsour challenge i hardly unlock anything so mayb if you do a season then do the challs u missed u may get the unlocks you shud have got 1st time round