PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Difficulty: Vampire vs The DW.

Ayx
04-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Which one is harder?

I personally never finished the first one in Samurai difficulty because I didn't know about the method back then, it was insanely annoying and frustrating which made me think mastering Mutant Storm was probably easier.

Now it's back to that achievement, I purchased the game earlier today but I hope that the Samurai completion is actually 'doable' which hopefully won't let me prefer to watch paint dry than to try mastering the game.

Thoughts?

Doopliss SWE
04-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I use the Dishwasher right now, mainly because he feels more abusable. Up+YXYXYXYXY... with the guillotine is very good at getting rid of everything from zombies to those dudes with trenchcoats, hooks and shotguns. It also deals great damage to bigger enemies and bosses (The Lich went down in seconds).

The default sword is also very good, mainly "XXXY", or "XXX, Down+X, XXXY". When you manage to launch some durable enemies, you should just keep hitting them in the air until they're dead though, unless other enemies are threatening you. The best way to launch someone is to grab them, then just pressing XXX mid-grab.

The Reaper0
04-10-2011, 07:59 PM
I use the Dishwasher right now, mainly because he feels more abusable. Up+YXYXYXYXY... with the guillotine is very good at getting rid of everything from zombies to those dudes with trenchcoats, hooks and shotguns. It also deals great damage to bigger enemies and bosses (The Lich went down in seconds).

The default sword is also very good, mainly "XXXY", or "XXX, Down+X, XXXY". When you manage to launch some durable enemies, you should just keep hitting them in the air until they're dead though, unless other enemies are threatening you. The best way to launch someone is to grab them, then just pressing XXX mid-grab.

As I put in the guide, DW's cleavers are fantastic against the masses, as in every enemy except bosses. But Yuki's conviction/chainsaw XY combo is THE boss killer, no exceptions. Warp/XY/XY/warp/XY/XY. The boss is dead in no time. I haven't had that much experience with the guillotine though. My overall experience with it is that it's very slow and costs quite a few hits before you can get a combo going.

This campaign is not as hard as the first game. You could probably do just as well as either character.

Shadowiii
04-11-2011, 07:20 AM
This game is atrociously easier than the first one, by far.
Probably because the combat is more refined, and also because you have infinite continues. And heal magic. And beads that heal you.
So yeah, I'd say you could totally do it. Arcade mode is easier too.

Perax
04-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Vampire Smile is much more easier than the first one.

Well, or maybe the first one was too difficult (Samurai mode was insane single player)!

Smash XL
11-07-2011, 04:25 AM
I just beat Samurai today. Difficult, but very doable. I could barely get passed the first stage on my own in the first game. This one only gave me brief moments of frustration.

The Lazy Pyro
04-19-2012, 05:06 AM
Vampire Smile is the easier of the two. I only just beat Dead Samurai the other day on Samurai, but I got Vampire Smile's 200/200 a few weeks after I got it. Love both games though.

Buruma
08-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Is it sad that I made it through the entire first level on Samurai difficulty before I realized that you could upgrade your stuff? Yeaaaaah. 'Tis much more manageable once you've done that. /facepalm