PDA

View Full Version : Pebble Beach Sponsor Challenge Question?

billjones0302
04-11-2011, 07:25 AM
I am in my second season at the US Open at Pebble Beach, actually attempting the sponsor challenge before the tournament. The challenge goal is to hit below 30 yards on a total of three shots to the pin. I cannot change any settings (surely this is wrong).

The ball rests on a grassy knoll surrounded by sand with a huge tree between me and the green. The challenge gives you a lob wedge (which you cannot change for another club) and it will not allow me to select my shot type (punch, flop, etc.). If I try to change the loft to a lower trajectory(to no avail), it still flys up into the tree and the challenge fails. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks.

Edit: Also, do all of the sponsor challenges have to be completed to help unlock clubs, etc? I have played all of them so far, I would love to skip a few.

Philip1979
04-11-2011, 08:18 AM
I am in my second season at the US Open at Pebble Beach, actually attempting the sponsor challenge before the tournament. The challenge goal is to hit below 30 yards on a total of three shots to the pin. I cannot change any settings (surely this is wrong).

The ball rests on a grassy knoll surrounded by sand with a huge tree between me and the green. The challenge gives you a lob wedge (which you cannot change for another club) and it will not allow me to select my shot type (punch, flop, etc.). If I try to change the loft to a lower trajectory(to no avail), it still flys up into the tree and the challenge fails. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks.

Edit: Also, do all of the sponsor challenges have to be completed to help unlock clubs, etc? I have played all of them so far, I would love to skip a few.
Try pulling back on the right stick so you get a high lob shot; i think thats how i done it.

Yes you need to do the sponsor events to unlock all the items in the pro shop; once i got to 52 all the items where unlocked but that was due to me mastering all the sponsor levels from Nike etc.

If you skip a few you will be able to try them again on the next season.

NJAM14Titleist
04-11-2011, 10:29 AM
I used a high lob shot and reduced my power.

billjones0302
04-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Try pulling back on the right stick so you get a high lob shot; i think thats how i done it.

Yes you need to do the sponsor events to unlock all the items in the pro shop; once i got to 52 all the items where unlocked but that was due to me mastering all the sponsor levels from Nike etc.

If you skip a few you will be able to try them again on the next season.

Thanks for the reply! Got it. You were correct with the high shot over the tree. So accustomed to real golf that I focused on a "punch" method to go under the tree (which the game would not allow). The high shot looked so surreal that I thought it would run off the cliff, but it did not.

billjones0302
04-12-2011, 02:22 AM
I used a high lob shot and reduced my power.

Thank you! It is the correct solution.

NJAM14Titleist
04-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Thank you! It is the correct solution.

You're Welcome.

Philip1979
04-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Glad you got the challenge; any more hints don't hesitate to send a message.

Ant Montana
04-12-2011, 03:33 PM
I was stuck on that one for freaking ages, so thanks for the help guys.

Stewie Griffin2
04-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm in my third season, but I don't recall struggling with anything like this or even the challenge you're referring to. Is this one definately the second sponsor challenge at Pebble, or is it possible it's the third?

Trash Man
04-12-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm in my third season, but I don't recall struggling with anything like this or even the challenge you're referring to. Is this one definately the second sponsor challenge at Pebble, or is it possible it's the third?

It's definitely the 2nd season.

Although I did it another way. Used the LW at 100% and just put choke on it to pull it back.

billjones0302
04-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Glad you got the challenge; any more hints don't hesitate to send a message.

Thanks again! Also, congratulations! I see that you completed the game with 1000gs. I am a few days away, just starting my third season, but still #1.