PDA

View Full Version : Why is it called '12'?

Eggnogga
04-11-2011, 05:57 PM
PGA seasons run from (I think) February to November. So, this current season never actually runs into 2012.

Stupid question, I know.. but just has never made any sense to me.

xbfrittsox360
04-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I feel like it's just so the game's title matches all the titles of EA's other sports games. Like Madden 12 will come out this August, but then again that season runs through into 2012 (by just a month). They just want everything that comes out this year to be 12.

Some people will say it's also more of a marketing ploy to make the game seem newer and ahead of its current time, but that's up to you whether you believe it or not.

Trash Man
04-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Some people will say it's also more of a marketing ploy to make the game seem newer and ahead of its current time, but that's up to you whether you believe it or not.

I'm sure that's part of it. Another part would be that they don't want people playing the game next year thinking that they are playing an old out of date game.

Taki...
04-19-2011, 12:54 PM
The number seems a bit redundant when they're titling it 'The Masters'. At this rate EA will be releasing the 2015 season around December.

ejbadger
04-19-2011, 05:43 PM
The new tiger games usually come out around this time of year anyway. Same thing happens with some magazine companies, look at the date, its usually a month ahead.