PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the #1 ranking, please help

DeaDMau5
04-11-2011, 08:31 PM
What is thot to be a safe lead in the points before you skip events? And which is the one to pay attention to, avg. points or total?

Thanks

DarkSeraphim198
04-11-2011, 09:08 PM
The way I look at it is by comparing the avg. points between your rank and the rank below. You can safely skip a tournament if you have a 3 point advantage (might be less but I wouldn't risk it), you just need to be aware that if you skip a tournament and the following tournament is dlc you haven't purchased, it'll work against you.

Always compete in the 3-star / 4-star tournaments to give you a slight edge as well. They normally hold more ranking points as compared to the 2-star ones.

mark21667
04-11-2011, 10:49 PM
I was working a 3 save stagger. I once skipped 4 tourneys, played the 5th, and stayed at #1. I tried 5 or 6 skips once, but had to reload.

DeaDMau5
04-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Thanks, iam gonna dig out a few memory cards tonight and backup my save before i push it too hard. One thing, i dont know if it matters but you can tee off then look at the leaders to see if tiger is even in the tourney your playing. tho i doesnt appear that he take any weeks off as his tournments played if also far more than mine.

thnaks again

Stewie Griffin2
04-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Thanks, iam gonna dig out a few memory cards tonight and backup my save before i push it too hard. One thing, i dont know if it matters but you can tee off then look at the leaders to see if tiger is even in the tourney your playing. tho i doesnt appear that he take any weeks off as his tournments played if also far more than mine.

thnaks again

After about your second season, Tiger probably won't be your biggest concern. He's 4th or 5th in the rankings on my game and I'm in my third year at the Masters. If you're scoreboard watching, make sure you know everyone you're looking for that's within a couple of points of you, because it's not just the guy in second.

billjones0302
04-12-2011, 02:31 AM
The way I look at it is by comparing the avg. points between your rank and the rank below. You can safely skip a tournament if you have a 3 point advantage (might be less but I wouldn't risk it), you just need to be aware that if you skip a tournament and the following tournament is dlc you haven't purchased, it'll work against you.

Good answer! I also just make a save before I plan on skipping (I can always revert back to it).

DeaDMau5
04-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Are they counting a full 52 weeks for each season (counting the off-season)? How many seasons are there? Iam at 41 weeks at #1 going into the Masters in my 3rd season. Can i even make the 281 weeks at #1? Sorry for all the questions, i just dont want to screw this up or do any more work than i need to if i just need to start over.

Thanks

DarkSeraphim198
04-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Are they counting a full 52 weeks for each season (counting the off-season)? How many seasons are there? Iam at 41 weeks at #1 going into the Masters in my 3rd season. Can i even make the 281 weeks at #1? Sorry for all the questions, i just dont want to screw this up or do any more work than i need to if i just need to start over.

Thanks

Yeah each season consists of 52 weeks, 26 for the tournaments and 26 for the off-season. As far as I'm aware there are at least 8 seasons in the road to masters section, I can't confirm this 100% as I'm only up to my 4th season.

You should be alright to make the 281 weeks at number 1 spot as it equates to 5 years and 21 weeks total.

Stewie Griffin2
04-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Thanks

It has to count the offseason, just based on doing the math. The 10 week achievement doesn't count the offseason, but I'm sure you've already got that one if you're up to 40 weeks.