PDA

View Full Version : Preorder costume question..

Carpetspider
04-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi... Ive preodered the Kollectors edition because you get the "exclusive" Ermac outfit included in the bundle but here in the Uk game are offering...

Scorpion - original character costume plus his iconic fire breathing toasty fatality!
Jade - original Mortal Kombat ninja outfit!
Mileena - original Mortal Kombat ninja outfit!
... with its preorders.

My question is this. Are these going to be like the costumes I got from game for SF4 with my preorder from game, that will become available to download at a later date and they are purely early access to them?

To be honest I would rather have the scorpion/Jade/Mileena over a Ermac anyday IF they are not going to be available later on.

Cheers for any help/advice

lich123
04-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi... Ive preodered the Kollectors edition because you get the "exclusive" Ermac outfit included in the bundle but here in the Uk game are offering...

Scorpion - original character costume plus his iconic fire breathing toasty fatality!
Jade - original Mortal Kombat ninja outfit!
Mileena - original Mortal Kombat ninja outfit!
... with its preorders.

My question is this. Are these going to be like the costumes I got from game for SF4 with my preorder from game, that will become available to download at a later date and they are purely early access to them?

To be honest I would rather have the scorpion/Jade/Mileena over a Ermac anyday IF they are not going to be available later on.

Cheers for any help/advice

ive pre ordered them and getting all 3 but would choose ermac anyday lol. but to answear your question : all outfits and alternatives are all hidden inside the krypt and will be unlockable. :)

M1 Punk
04-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Be glad you're getting something for pre-ordering. Here in Holland, 90% of the time we don't get a pre-order bonus, only a guaranteed copy of the game on release date.

lich123
04-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Be glad you're getting something for pre-ordering. Here in Holland, 90% of the time we don't get a pre-order bonus, only a guaranteed copy of the game on release date.

that must suck my friend :(

InSoMnIaC_190
04-12-2011, 09:13 PM
ive pre ordered them and getting all 3 but would choose ermac anyday lol. but to answear your question : all outfits and alternatives are all hidden inside the krypt and will be unlockable. :)

Is this for sure? I ready all ALT outfits will be in the Krypt but these Retro Costumes may be DLC? Either way hope we don't get screwed out of getting certain costumes/fatalities because of pre-orders.

tobiasdennis
04-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Either way hope we don't get screwed out of getting certain costumes/fatalities because of pre-orders.
They just, wouldn't, do it. From the beginning boon said this game was for the FANS... they're not gonna piss people off by cock-teasing with these old costumes, and then make them unavailable for everyone. They will either be in the krypt, or DLC, but you WILL get to have them all.

InSoMnIaC_190
04-13-2011, 02:18 AM
They just, wouldn't, do it. From the beginning boon said this game was for the FANS... they're not gonna piss people off by cock-teasing with these old costumes, and then make them unavailable for everyone. They will either be in the krypt, or DLC, but you WILL get to have them all.

Yeah I would think so too, especially since this one is going back to it's roots everyone wants the old school look/feel. I would not even mind it being week 1 DLC if reasonably priced I would buy them all. But I hope they would be in the Krypt but either way like you said I don't see them doing that especially having to code in those fatalities and all not just the skin.

Even the animations/look is different on the costumes like when Scorpion does that Hell Fire (whatever it's called) where he raises the flames his mask comes off and you see his skull so more work went into it than just a costume swap.

DENAz666
04-13-2011, 05:17 AM
Very glad to hear that. I'd be mightly pissed if I could not unlock them myself. Getting the game alone is going to be hard enough for me :(

Lord Chabelo
04-13-2011, 07:36 PM
So which retailers have what pre-order bonuses?

In the U.S.A.

GameStop = Scorpion
BestBuy = Sub Zero
Amazon = Reptile

Any one else?

jswartz0181
04-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Walmart - Mileena
Toys-R-Us - Kitana
Either MK movie on Blu-Ray - Jade (PS3 only)

And I got from BB.

jedink
04-14-2011, 12:23 AM

you should be gald that your getting the game at all

we australians dont have a R rating

jswartz0181
04-14-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961032-mortal-kombat/58787919?page=9

The Statik11 guy works at a GameStop and looked in a copy of the strategy guide, and the pre-order outfits and whatnot are NOT in the Krypt. :( Others will indeed need to wait for being released as DLC. Oh well. Got my BB pre-order for SZ's, so I'm happy. :)

ShaolinShadow
04-14-2011, 09:44 PM
I dont suppose anyone knows if the avatars from the king of the hill with the outfits on will be available on the market place on the release day?