PDA

View Full Version : Question

BloodGodAlucard
04-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Is there any reason beyond achievement whoring to get both versions of the game? I know this new version is supposed to be on a new engine and be vastly improved. It also includes the expansion.

That being said, you can get this game and its previous release for the price of a regular new game $60. So is it worth it to pick up both? Or would it just be an annoying experience since the first was so glitchy compared to the new remastered one?

Thanks for any input you guys can offer. :)

BloodGodAlucard
04-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Come on, no one has any opinion on this? I was just curious if you guys were getting both versions of the game or only the new and improved one. Since the new version has a seperate achievement list for another 1000 gamerscore, I was sure at least one person would.

I was just wondering if it would be worth checking out the first iteration so I'd be able to see all of the improvements that were made. Or if it's an identical experience as the original, only improved with better graphics and less glitches.

WH Gercain
04-12-2011, 02:43 PM
I'll be picking it up today. I got the 1k out of Eco Draconis and didn't mind the game. I'll post this evening.

BloodGodAlucard
04-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Thanks. I appreciate it.

WH Gercain
04-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Well this one (After about 3 hours of play) is a good improvement. It already seems smoother and the graphcs are slightly 'cleaner'. I think if you want the score I would suggest playing Draconis first. It's worth the 2k score (if you like this style of game) and I personally didn't find too many glitches in the Draconis edition.

If you don't feel like playing a game twice though stick with the newest version. Keep in mind it is an RPG so you could easily put 25-45 hours into a playthrough.

I'm thinking this new play through on Dragon Knight Saga may take about the same (I had 37 hours in it for 1K) only because of the additional content and need to get the level 40 chievo.

BloodGodAlucard
04-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I wasn't really interested in getting both versions just to get the achievements. I would if they are different and worth playing though. Is that the case? Or is the new one exactly the same as the first one just improved and with extra content?

WH Gercain
04-18-2011, 09:25 PM
If you're only going to play one play DKS. They are the same with DKS having more content. (unless you want an easier 1k as Eco Draconis is shorter)

W1cked Seraph
04-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Aside from achievement whoring there is not any reason to get them both