PDA

View Full Version : easy way to gold every mini game

brokenaesthetic
04-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Ok, so quite a few people are saying there's no way to use 4 controllers to get all gold rankings on each mini game. Well there is a way around it which is so much easier than just using 3 controllers. I did it today, so thought I'd post a thread about it. (I did them in VS mode, but they unlock in team VS as well as both quiz modes. To save time I would do them in VS quiz to save yourself a good couple of hours play time. plus, there is a thread that answers all the quiz questions here, credit to artphobia http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=305606)

1). Start a game of your choosing with difficulty set to hard, and with 4 controllers active (you can use regular controllers but guitar hero controllers work fine for opponents as you only need to use the start button and the A button), then press start with each controller when prompted to start the game. (keep the controller for player 2 close as you will have to press the back button to drop out near the end of the game)

2). When the game starts just run about doing everything you can to get a huge lead in whatever game type you chose (it's not hard as you will be the only one moving).

3). When there are about 5-10 seconds left in the game, press the back button on the controller for player 2, giving control of player 2 to the computer for the last part of the game. (there will be no way it can catch up with you in the last 5-10 seconds, but if you want to make certain, you could wait until there are about 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock).

(If you're playing a game determined by the amount of lives it's pretty much the same principal, though a fairly different method. Kill off players 3 and 4, leaving just youself and player 2, then work on his lives. Once he's down to one, wait until you pick up a stun power up like the lightning bolt or chilli. As soon as player 2 is stunned, press the back button on controller 2 to drop out, then take him down)

These methods work for every mini game, but you have to remember to press the back button before the game ends, or the game won't count as a gold medal. I think how it works is so long as there is at least 1 computer controlled opponent at the end of the game it will count. It did for me, and it was super easy. I hope this helps everyone stuck with this. And, feel free to place this method in any achievement guides, if you think this could make the game easier.

andimeadz
04-12-2011, 09:08 PM
i can second this.

great idea

jpg30
04-12-2011, 09:10 PM
i did it with the 3 controllers so i don't need to do it but would this method work on the story to get 1st on each game?

DaMitchMan90
04-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Which game mode do u have to go to, to do the golds

brokenaesthetic
04-13-2011, 01:03 AM
With regards to the 'Story Superstar' achievement I won every game the in the story but 1 that I came second in. I then played the game I lost in VS and won, and it unlocked it for me. I think that the story mode and the VS games are linked in some way. I will check about the story mode with the 4 controller method though just to make sure.

EDIT; I've played through the first 2 areas of story mode using the 4 controller method and can confirm it works. It unlocked both achievements for playing all Moose Lake games, and winning all Moose Lake games. Unfortunately though, to get the gold medals you do have to play them separately to the main story mode.

brokenaesthetic
04-13-2011, 01:06 AM
@DaMitchMan90. You can do it in VS, or team VS I know for sure. I'm not sure about the quiz modes, but I think it would work. I don't know for sure though, so safe to do it in VS.

jpg30
04-13-2011, 01:57 AM
With regards to the 'Story Superstar' achievement I won every game the in the story but 1 that I came second in. I then played the game I lost in VS and won, and it unlocked it for me. I think that the story mode and the VS games are linked in some way. I will check about the story mode with the 4 controller method though just to make sure.

i tried with all 4 controllers (no active AI) - no achievement.

4 controllers (no active AI but 1 AI join the game before each game ended) - no achievement.

3 controllers (1 active AI in every game) - no achievement.

i won every game in the story on each attempt, i don't think u can do the story superstar achievement with any other controllers, just u vs 3 active AI.

i am intrigued by how u got 2nd though and got it by winning a versus game

not sure how u can tell which u got 1st in unless it goes by the leaderboards?

brokenaesthetic
04-13-2011, 02:20 AM
I failed at the bubble pop game first time round. I then finished the rest of the games in that area only unlocking the 'play each game' achievement for the area that game was in. I then went into the VS mode and replayed bubble pop which then unlocked the 'win each game in [can't remember area]' achievement. I presumed that because I'd failed the game that the 'Story Superstar' would have been affected, which is why I quit out and replayed It again in VS. the Story Superstar achievement popped at the same time as the Happily Ever After achievement so thats why I thought they might have been linked. As for the method not working for you, I have no idea, I'm sorry about that. I and another chap have used it and it worked alright.

jpg30
04-13-2011, 02:36 AM
I failed at the bubble pop game first time round. I then finished the rest of the games in that area only unlocking the 'play each game' achievement for the area that game was in. I then went into the VS mode and replayed bubble pop which then unlocked the 'win each game in [can't remember area]' achievement. I presumed that because I'd failed the game that the 'Story Superstar' would have been affected, which is why I quit out and replayed It again in VS. the Story Superstar achievement popped at the same time as the Happily Ever After achievement so thats why I thought they might have been linked. As for the method not working for you, I have no idea, I'm sorry about that. I and another chap have used it and it worked alright.

looks like im pretty much screwed then unless i try again just with 1 controller.

EDIT: just got it.

i played story mode again on easy but just one controller i won every game but the fruit splash level i lost on but i quit out before the results came up, pressed continue story in the menu and carried on and it gave me a different game, won the rest and the achievement popped up.

that's that game 1'kd, glad that's over with.

im guessing that u play 1 controller on story and if u lose a game quit to menu if u know u have lost before the results come up, on fruit splash when i got hit and knew i had lost that's when i quit out.

brokenaesthetic
04-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Congrats man. I'm sorry you had to replay the entire story mode though as It isn't the best game lol. I do think I know where I might have crossed the wires thought. I played all of the mini games on VS to gold them, and I played single player with 1 controller. although I did test out a small part of the game with 4 controllers with a new profile and unlocked the first few achievements you get. congrats again though! shouldn't be long until I'm done with this too :P

jpg30
04-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Congrats man. I'm sorry you had to replay the entire story mode though as It isn't the best game lol. I do think I know where I might have crossed the wires thought. I played all of the mini games on VS to gold them, and I played single player with 1 controller. although I did test out a small part of the game with 4 controllers with a new profile and unlocked the first few achievements you get. congrats again though! shouldn't be long until I'm done with this too :P

cheers, at first i thought it maybe a case of u had to get first in all games but in the story mode because i think u only play 30 in the story and in party mode where u can play the games individually there are about 40 so i thought maybe there was a game i hadn't got 1st on story but i think im wrong about that.

it does seem u just get 1st and if u know u are going to lose a game then quit out and then continue story and carry on trying to win the rest of the games, that does seem to be the trick to getting the achievement.

brokenaesthetic
04-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Yeah thats it isn't it, there are only 30 games in story mode. I finished it today too finally. I thought it was easiest to play the story on easy, winning every game. Then to go onto the team VS, VS, VS quiz and team VS quiz for the rest of the chievos for gold medals, and some of the item achievements. Then its just a case of the rest of the power up achievements, carnival wheel, Garland gala and Carnival dance achievements, then finally the 26 mile hike, which I unlocked last. think that about sums up a brief summary of the game lol. such a long winded game though, but not a bad time waster.

hoochli
04-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm just replaying Super Mud Ball (or what it's called) for all the "collectible" achievements. On easy you can just run around and take all the upgrades while the AI is running around aimlessly. If you don't get hit you can do this almost forever.

andimeadz
04-13-2011, 08:04 PM
game finished, traded in for 15. not a terrible result, Love working for blockbuster :)

brokenaesthetic
04-13-2011, 08:48 PM
@hoochli. Yeah thats what I did, play on that mud flinging one. Although I was a wimp and used 4 controllers so I could run around indefinitely and have all power ups. That way you can take out 2 players and only have 1 left. It's a bonus for the 26 mile chievo. Run forever that way lol

hoochli
04-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Don't you need the shoe for the achievement to count up to 26 miles?

Edit: OK, I saw the discussion in the other thread.

benster
04-20-2011, 10:49 PM
:woop:good findd d

nateeasy
05-15-2011, 04:08 AM
I used this method for a bit and can confirm it works. Another method would be to play team quiz. Just use 1 controller. 2 on 2 so you have a 50% chance of winning. I found that I was able to win all games Ive done like this so far. Getting the quiz answers right also helps out with points. May be a better method if you don't have 4 controllers or fell like messing with 4 controllers.

DwnTheRbbtHole
10-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the tips. Will be playing this in next few weeks.