PDA

View Full Version : I Got A Question That Needs To Be Answered

Up x Rising
04-12-2011, 07:43 PM
How come when you unlock every achievement within a game,(the game then goes under your completed games list) then that game may come out with a DLC. ( that game now is taken off your completed games list )

My question is why does that occur? They force you to buy the DLC just so you can have the game 100% completed and under your completed games list. ---- They should fix this.

ALSO this only happens with SOME games. For instance. LEFT 4 DEAD 2. I had unlocked all achievements and then they came out with a new DLC but THAT game stayed under completed games list. On the other hand I had unlocked all SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION Achievements, was under completed games list, they came out with a new DLC and then was taken off.

Just a burning question iv had. thought id put up a thread about it and see what people say. Thanks.

H0p3sfalL
04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
maybe b/c with DLC the game isnt complete..... therefor taking it off your list????

Tussell
04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
In before the MICRO$OFT comments.

Because it's not complete anymore. The DLC is part of the game, therefore, the game is no longer complete.

Go make an online petition or something. :p

Up x Rising
04-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Like I had stated, I wonder why it only occurs with SOME games then.

AmbaLaBamba
04-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Because that is just the way it is.

In all honesty I don't really care, if they bring out new DLC fair enough, but I'm not going to buy it just because I need/want to have 100% completion. I only buy new DLC if it looks good not just because I want to finish a game in its entirety.

Capn Doug
04-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Like I had stated, I wonder why it only occurs with SOME games then.

Some games will stay on your 100% list if you completed them before the DLC was released, and did not play them afterwards. The dashboard 100% relies of updates, and some updates do not include that information. But you still won't have the 100% on xbox.com or many sites that track achievements for you.

smoggie09
04-12-2011, 09:11 PM
I got 1000G on Need For Speed Shift and so the game was on my completed list on the dashboard. Some time later the DLC was released. The game vanished from my completed list, even though I hadn't put the disc in again since getting 1K on it.
Although I'm not a hardcore completionist (around 75% at the moment) I still like to try and get as many achievements as I can, but this is one DLC I don't think I'll bother with.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
they do this because they know people like me and people like yourself will buy worthless dlc to recomplete the games.

its all designed to squeeze the pennies out of us and we are the fools that let them do it.

Up x Rising
04-13-2011, 03:08 AM
ha ha i recognize it and will never pay for DLC just to have a game completed. That's why I created this thread. I want to be able to still have the games iv completed, stay completed with the original achievements.

But to respond to Capn Doug. I had completed Splinter Cell Conviction LONG before the DLC came out. never played it again because I had sold it, and still the game was removed from my 100% list. Also same story with Dantes Inferno.

Any way life goes on haha thanks guys for the posts.

JDMBO1
04-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Well I think if you update the game while there is new DLC it adds it to the list. If you don't play the game and don't update it then no removal

DENAz666
04-13-2011, 05:40 AM
I think its to do with how they update the achievement list. Some games its done in the background, whereas other require an update. Just my guess

DeekBoy
04-13-2011, 06:15 AM
I tend to buy all the DLC for the games I have completed. If I took the time to finish the game then I might as well finish the DLC too :D.

TAI JASON
04-13-2011, 06:21 AM
I donīt like this too. It destroy my percentage of cleared games. Halo Reach for example i got 1K but the DLC comes out so itīs not completed.

Maybe MS makes a new dashboard update so you can simply deactivate DLC achivements if you donīt have the DLC or an DLC achivement.

xxJUSTINxx
04-13-2011, 07:06 AM
It usually happens when you update the game / play it. It is sometimes annoying, I wish Xbox Live was like Steam and had a lot of price cuts every so often and discounts.

EmporerDragon
04-13-2011, 07:18 AM
I wish Xbox Live was like Steam and had a lot of price cuts every so often and discounts.

Like what they are doing right now and did 2 weeks ago?

xxJUSTINxx
04-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Like what they are doing right now and did 2 weeks ago?
The discounts are for crap that no one really wants. And the price cuts are only towards Games on Demand that you can find anywhere cheaper. I meant price cutes on DLC after they get old.

Capn Doug
04-13-2011, 07:57 AM
ha ha i recognize it and will never pay for DLC just to have a game completed. That's why I created this thread. I want to be able to still have the games iv completed, stay completed with the original achievements.

But to respond to Capn Doug. I had completed Splinter Cell Conviction LONG before the DLC came out. never played it again because I had sold it, and still the game was removed from my 100% list. Also same story with Dantes Inferno.

Any way life goes on haha thanks guys for the posts.

If you recovered your gamertag at all since the DLC came out, that would have the same effect. I know I was able to screw up my tag by clearing my cache, then booting a game but not accepting the update. Ended up with a few 1250/1000 games on the dashboard. Had to recover to correct it.

The discounts are for crap that no one really wants. And the price cuts are only towards Games on Demand that you can find anywhere cheaper. I meant price cutes on DLC after they get old.

Couldn't disagree more. I have picked up over a dozen arcade games from the week long deals and one day specials they have been having for the last six months. Games where they intrigued me, but only $5 intrigued me.

Blood Wolf347
04-13-2011, 06:22 PM
the New DLC Could have New Achievements, therefore its not 100% anymore :/

DeekBoy
04-13-2011, 07:34 PM

That's usually the only time I ever pick up arcade titles is when they go on sale. I have picked up so many titles as of late because of these deals.