PDA

View Full Version : Single Player Only Acheivements (??)

bleepster
04-12-2011, 07:45 PM
My wife and I have been playing this game together - she is logged in to XBL as well as I

last night I unlocked 3 single player achievemnts while we BOTH were playing.
i unlocked the following:
Clanker Collector
Jango's Army
Jedi Master

are these glitched in a way that you do not need to play by yourself? I wonder if the other single player achievements will unlock as well??

I will mention - I was the only one to receive the cheevies, my wife did not - maybe thats what they mean by "single player only"

FunkyGestpo
04-12-2011, 10:37 PM
I did the game in co-op but the 2nd profile was not signed in, only mine was so I assume that's what they mean by 'single player'.

SneakyofSneaks
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
As with all lego games before only player 1 gets the chevs.

bleepster
04-13-2011, 12:05 PM
however - she has been getting all the cheevies i have EXCEPT the singleplayer ones
again - she IS logged into XBL
not a big deal - just curious

Big Bad Coll
04-14-2011, 06:00 PM
My wife and I also played through the entire game, as we have for every other Lego game. The second profile will unlock all the completed level achievements, progressive achievements (such as command 50 clones) and any character specific achievements like the 5 Yoda kills one. All the ones that state Single Player Only will only be unlocked by the lead profile.

metallicoholic
04-17-2011, 11:49 PM
This is something I really wish Travelers Tales would fix, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Basically the term "Single Player Only" means that the profile linked to the save file that you are playing on will be the only person receiving those particular achievements. What sucks is that it's usually for the big achievements (100% completion, all red bricks, etc.) so it's frustrating to go through the entire game with two players and only have one person get those achievements.

My wife is actually getting increasingly frustrated with the LEGO games for this reason. We put over 30 hours into LEGO Star Wars III only to have me wind up with all the achievements and her with about half.

hardvice
04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
What everyone else said: it's not really "single player only" so much as "only player one can get this".

I always play as player 2. I end up having to play all of the games twice. A bit annoying.

They actually implemented this after Lego Batman to fix a problem with an achievement for that game. There was an achievement to rescue all hostages in all levels. This achievement was supposed to be shared, but it wasn't. In other words, to get the achievement, a player had to rescue all of the hostages himself. If his coop partner rescued even one, then neither player got the achievement.

The "fix" for this is these "single player only" achievements. Basically, whenever either player picks up a collectible, player one gets credit for it and player two doesn't. That's why all of the "single player only" achievements are either collectibles/unlockables or something which depends on collectibles/unlockables (like 100%).