PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Park Boys

Tussell
04-13-2011, 02:56 AM
So, I did search, and there were a few insanely old and dead threads about the TV show. I figured it was maybe time to spark one up.

I've only ever heard good things about the show for over five or six years now, and only now have I begun to watch it. Thanks to Netflix, I got all the seasons and both movies at my fingertips!

I just finished the first season, and I must say, I absolutely love it! Can't wait to finish the series and get onto the two movies.

Discuss!

Marcus issavage
04-13-2011, 03:02 AM
Both movies were fantastic, and same with the show. I haven't been to re-watch some of the episodes on Netlfix yet, so I can't wait. This is one of the better shows out there.

Edit: Jayrock is the best character.

ToeFurB
04-13-2011, 04:52 AM
If you loved season one just wait, the show only gets better as time goes on. I just recently watched everything and I have to say it is in fact a brilliant show.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-13-2011, 06:19 AM
I keep seein it on Netflix, but never watched it. Some friends of mine are all about this show. Might just have to give it a go once I get through all other shows/movies I'm watching.

Tussell
04-13-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm onto the second season, and I'm already really excited. First episode started out amazing, and ended amazing. Definitely a million times better than I ever expected the show to be.

kdrcraig
04-22-2011, 04:14 PM
This show is ridiculously awesome, I've watched all 7 seasons through at least 3 times. I went and saw Bubbles, Julian and Ricky doing their live skit tour in January and it was fucking hilarious.

KNUCKS x360a
04-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Pretty much my fav TV show right there!
They used to show it late night on Paramount over here, I found it by mistake one night & got instantly hooked. Had to buy the box-set & watched the hell out of it - even converted my g/f!

J-Roc is fkn hilarious, especially being a massive hiphop fan myself, it reminds me of how cheesy I must have been aged 12-13! :p

Such a shame that the writers/producers couldn't work all their problems out & keep it going...

"BIG COAGULATED GRAVY HOT DOG BUN BASTARD" lol

kdrcraig
04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Such a shame that the writers/producers couldn't work all their problems out & keep it going...

As far as I know there weren't any problems to work out, they just decided it was time to end it.

ARCANEVALORE
04-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Both movies were fantastic

Countdown to Liquor days was a huge let down. It was kinda funnny but compared to what I expect from them with show and the first Movie it just bored the hell out of me. Even the christmas episode was better then that movie and that's by far my least favorite episode though it was a special.

As for the show I love it, I own every season both movies and the christmas special and have gone to see Ricky (Rob Wells) Julian (John Paul Tremblay) and bubbles on thier tour twice. Funny as hell. Also for true fans of the show did you Know Randy and Sarah are related in real life. I think it's Randy or the dude who plays Jim. thier real name Pat Dunsworth and Sarahs is Sarah E. Dunsworth :P Also the dude who plays Ray is actually a producer from Showcase hahaha. Jonathan Torrens should of stuck to J rock instead of his show TV with TV's Jonathan Torrens. it's a decent show but he's way to white in real life which makes me commemerate his acting as pimp master J rock!

KNUCKS x360a
04-26-2011, 05:41 PM
As far as I know there weren't any problems to work out, they just decided it was time to end it.

Do some digging! ;)

As the show progressed over the years, more of the actors were writing for it and wanted more input/credit, which eventually led to Trevor & Corey going, which in turn helped finish the show off not long after...

Tussell
04-28-2011, 08:07 PM
This show is ridiculously awesome, I've watched all 7 seasons through at least 3 times. I went and saw Bubbles, Julian and Ricky doing their live skit tour in January and it was fucking hilarious.
Is that like Bubbles doing his music tour or is that something different?

Tyrion619
04-28-2011, 08:17 PM
I've honestly never even heard of this show. :confused:

Tussell
04-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I've honestly never even heard of this show. :confused:
It's based out of Canada. That might have something to do with it. A lot of people I talk to haven't heard about it. The only reason I know about it is that my friend from Canada would talk about it ALL the TIME!

koopakiller64
04-30-2011, 01:30 AM
I've always seen it while I was browsing through Netflix and always wondered what is was. If the show is as good as you guys are saying then I'll start watching it right after I'm finished with Dexter.

Tussell
05-02-2011, 06:32 PM
I've always seen it while I was browsing through Netflix and always wondered what is was. If the show is as good as you guys are saying then I'll start watching it right after I'm finished with Dexter.
It's certainly it's own style of humor. It's more situational like The Office, but I don't find a damn thing funny about The Office, however, I love Trailer Park Boys.

It's definitely not for everyone though. Still, check it out regardless. It's worth a shot, right?

Spanish Assault
05-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I saw this on Netflix and I'm a big fan of mockumentries. So I started watching and this show is SO FUNNY!!! I can't stop watching.

koopakiller64
05-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Another show I have been sucked into. First couple of episodes there was some laughs, but I wasn't "feeling it". Got through the first season and can't stop.

CovertDog
05-24-2011, 10:51 PM
About 4 years ago, me and my wife went down to Halifax for a weekend. We were out walking the streets when we came across and area blocked off by the police. They were letting people through, so I we took a walk up to see what was going on. There was a group standing along the sidewalk. I asked one "Whats going on?" He said," Their filming the second Trailer Park Boys Movie." We thought that would be neat to watch, so we stayed.

Couple minutes later, this guy comes running over yell at us, "You can't stand there." Here the guy we asked about what was going on was an extra and we were standing in the shot. They said we could cross the street and watch.

We ended up seeing just about everyone from the show and the scene was the shot out. Before they started shooting the scene, the director announced to the crowd,"If anyone is offended by cursing, you should leave now." During the shot out, someone gets shot and all you can hear is Ricky yelling,"FUCK! FUCK! OH FUCK."

It was neat to see and I know my wife has pictures some wheres. I'll post them if I can.

Tussell
05-25-2011, 06:35 PM
About 4 years ago, me and my wife went down to Halifax for a weekend. We were out walking the streets when we came across and area blocked off by the police. They were letting people through, so I we took a walk up to see what was going on. There was a group standing along the sidewalk. I asked one "Whats going on?" He said," Their filming the second Trailer Park Boys Movie." We thought that would be neat to watch, so we stayed.

Couple minutes later, this guy comes running over yell at us, "You can't stand there." Here the guy we asked about what was going on was an extra and we were standing in the shot. They said we could cross the street and watch.

We ended up seeing just about everyone from the show and the scene was the shot out. Before they started shooting the scene, the director announced to the crowd,"If anyone is offended by cursing, you should leave now." During the shot out, someone gets shot and all you can hear is Ricky yelling,"FUCK! FUCK! OH FUCK."

It was neat to see and I know my wife has pictures some wheres. I'll post them if I can.
Very cool story. It's a shame that I never see any production of movies, even when I'm only 20 minutes from the city of Chicago. They filmed Transformers 2 or 3 and part of either The Dark Knight or Batman Begins just to name a few.

EliteShadowMan
05-26-2011, 04:22 AM
i know i watched the latest movie they released, but i never watched the show. So is it a really funny show or should i just avoid wasting my time watching the seasons?

Spanish Assault
05-28-2011, 05:19 PM

I just watched the movie on Netflix and it was awesome. I'm sad cause Im done season 7 and the newer movie...and now I'm done. I hate that this show is no longer on.

Very cool story. It's a shame that I never see any production of movies, even when I'm only 20 minutes from the city of Chicago. They filmed Transformers 2 or 3 and part of either The Dark Knight or Batman Begins just to name a few.

Yeah, same thing here...I've lived in NY and PHI and never seen a movie being shot. Heck there have been 3 or 4 major movies shot out in Grand Rapids and nothing.

i know i watched the latest movie they released, but i never watched the show. So is it a really funny show or should i just avoid wasting my time watching the seasons?
Not sure how you enjoyed the movie without watching the show...anyways the show is awesome...I burned through all 7 seasons in a couple of weeks.

kdrcraig
05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Is that like Bubbles doing his music tour or is that something different?

Sorry for the really late reply. It wasn't Bubbles doing his music tour. It was all 3 of them doing skits and interacting with the audience. Bubbles was making a video because he wanted to be in the new Jackie Chan movie, Julian had a couple make money schemes, and Ricky was just being an idiot like he always is. It was awesome.

Got a question if anyone knows. This complete collection got released last week: Amazon.com: Trailer Park Boys: Season 1-7 - Complete Season: Movies & TV

But it immediately went to an out of stock status and I can't find it anywhere else. Anyone know of a place I can get that?

HoraceVanBasten
05-31-2011, 04:35 PM
This show is absolute genius. I suggest for first time viewers give it a fair chance as it just gets better and better.

"With your whiskers you look kinda French, I'm gonna name you Steve-French"

ShawnSig
06-04-2011, 11:47 AM
One of my best friends from highschool recommended this show to me then he turned into an asshole and started calling me a fag every time I would say "Hi" to him. But the show is pretty funny. I don't have Netflix so I'll have to watch the other episodes I haven't seen yet elsewhere.

IDiivil
06-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Auburok sat and watched the entire series and then the movie on Netflix. Absolutely hilarious. Glad his friend recommended the show to us :)

Also glad to see others know so much about it!

Spanish Assault
06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Auburok sat and watched the entire series and then the movie on Netflix. Absolutely hilarious. Glad his friend recommended the show to us :)

Also glad to see others know so much about it!

Not to be noisy, but who are you talking about?

koopakiller64
06-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Not to be noisy, but who are you talking about?

Well you are causing quite the ruckus. :biglaugh

Anyways just finished all the seasons and movies for Trailer Park Boys. I wish I didn't go through it all as fast as I did, but I just couldn't stop watching it.

DrPainMD
06-07-2011, 03:13 PM
awesome show, one of my favorites

Tussell
06-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Anyways just finished all the seasons and movies for Trailer Park Boys. I wish I didn't go through it all as fast as I did, but I just couldn't stop watching it.
I envy you and my friend. I introduced it to him, was on season 3 when he started from season 1, and he beat me through the series. I just don't have the motivation to finish, even though it's like my favorite show! :p

Also, what is 'Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys'? Is it another movie or just a special on DVD?

jarhead1990
06-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Have you guys watched Countdown To Liquor Day? It's hilarious.

Sarcastro
06-22-2011, 01:13 AM
It must have been one of those crazy cheeseburger and liquor parties...

Lordgold
01-02-2014, 03:31 PM
TPB is the best show ever. I used to live in a trailer park and the characters legit resemble most of my old neighbors. They're making a third movie, which is schedule to release in April 2014!

"I AM THE LIQUOR!"

PenderPowguin
01-02-2014, 04:30 PM
It definitely is one of my favorite series ever to be created.

I've watched 'em all at least 3 times. I like to go back and watch the series every year, or so (same with any series that I love, really).

Smoochy
01-02-2014, 04:42 PM
It definitely is one of my favorite series ever to be created.

I've watched 'em all at least 3 times. I like to go back and watch the series every year, or so (same with any series that I love, really).
I completely agree with this.

I didn't care for season 7 all that much, but seasons 1-6 are absolutely brilliant. I really want to watch season 8, but I'm not subscribed to swearnet, so I may have to wait until it's released on DVD or on Netflix.

otaking live
01-02-2014, 04:57 PM
I always remember being told I looked like Ricky in an Asian mall one day. What the fuck is wrong with track pants!?

Arcane x Knight
01-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Amazing show, own all the seasons, movies and I was disappointed in countdown to liquor days, Wasn't as good as what I had expected still had it's moments. So did they scrap season 8? I saw a trailer for it a while back...

Also Pat dunsworth is Randy and yes him and sarah are related!

Also props to Ellen Paige as Trina MR. Layhe's daughter! been too long not even sure if his name is spelled like that XD

Smoochy
01-24-2014, 08:54 PM
So did they scrap season 8? I saw a trailer for it a while back...

I think they're still filming it. It won't come on Showtime or anything though, it will be exclusive on their website (swearnet.com). I probably won't watch it until it's either upload to Netflix or someone decides to post it to Youtube.

Spanish Assault
02-08-2014, 09:03 PM
I look forward to Season 8 is that happens. One of my all time favorite shows...I miss Corey and Trevor.

Smoochy
02-10-2014, 03:04 PM
I look forward to Season 8 is that happens. One of my all time favorite shows...I miss Corey and Trevor.
Season 7 just wasn't the same without Corey and Trevor. I believe Corey is back for season 8 though (at least, he was in some of the teasers they posted on Youtube before they removed them).

Ostrowski
02-13-2014, 02:30 PM
So, I did search, and there were a few insanely old and dead threads about the TV show. I figured it was maybe time to spark one up.

I've only ever heard good things about the show for over five or six years now, and only now have I begun to watch it. Thanks to Netflix, I got all the seasons and both movies at my fingertips!

I just finished the first season, and I must say, I absolutely love it! Can't wait to finish the series and get onto the two movies.

Discuss!

Trailer park boys is my favorite show, I have watched all 7 season about 13 times now and I have watched the movies and specials about 5 times. I cant get enough of it. I think its a masterpice lol