PDA

View Full Version : Popularity Contest and Henry VIII achievement.

GreenRook
04-13-2011, 08:32 AM
What does and does not count for popularity contest?
If you marry 6 villagers and kill all of the or most of them do you still get the ach?

JDMBO1
04-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Start with Popularity Contest by meeting and completing 20 villagers quests, but the last 4 people for the achievement you should marry those people for Henry VIII. After that just find 2 more people get married and murder the two of them, that should roll the two of these achievements together

Nozza XBA
04-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Anything counts for popularity contest as long as the persons bar changes to 'Friends' after completing one or 2 requests.

For Henry VIII, as long as you marry 6 people after you're king and kill 2 of them it'll count! You can then kill the rest etc if you don't want them as your wives!

GreenRook
04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
ok got the HENRY ach, but i have over 20+ friend quest but still no ach. do they all have to be in the same area?

Nozza XBA
04-13-2011, 09:07 AM
ok got the HENRY ach, but i have over 20+ friend quest but still no ach. do they all have to be in the same area?

Are you sure they're all your friends and that you've actually done the quests to make them your friend/love you?

Check the guide it may give you the info you need!

GreenRook
04-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Are you sure they're all your friends and that you've actually done the quests to make them your friend/love you?

Check the guide it may give you the info you need!

Yes i have, i go fetch/talk to the item/person that they ask and return to them. Do i have to get them to love?

Nozza XBA
04-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Yes i have, i go fetch/talk to the item/person that they ask and return to them. Do i have to get them to love?

No all you do is interact with them until they give you a small/short job, like 'take this here' or 'grab me that'. Then once you've completed it, and handed it in back to the original person, they should become your friend!

So people may go straight to love but that shouldn't matter! The the achievement hasn't unlocked you obvious haven't made 20 friends yet! This was one of the last achievement I had to get no the original 1K and I got it fine after about an hour of making friends!

GreenRook
04-13-2011, 09:49 AM
I guess these have to be done in the same town. I finally got it. Thanks for helping me out.:woop:

Nozza XBA
04-13-2011, 09:55 AM
I guess these have to be done in the same town. I finally got it. Thanks for helping me out.:woop:

They don't! I did it between Mistpeak and Brightwall and it unlocked!

Marshbag12
04-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Do I have to marry six times after becoming the King or can previous marriages count?

justininhifi
04-14-2011, 04:42 PM
They have to be after you become king/queen.

Easy popularity contest way is to load up on childrens gifts from the orphanage or buy them from shops. Adopt a kid or two. Place them side by side in houses. Interact with them and do a negative action so they are just happy and do not love you. Keep gifting them over and over again.

I say get two just in case you run out of gifts and dont feel like going to search for one they are asking for. Or you could do a negative action and hopefully they ask for a new gift.

iFrenck
04-18-2011, 01:42 PM
They have to be after you become king/queen.

Easy popularity contest way is to load up on childrens gifts from the orphanage or buy them from shops. Adopt a kid or two. Place them side by side in houses. Interact with them and do a negative action so they are just happy and do not love you. Keep gifting them over and over again.

I say get two just in case you run out of gifts and dont feel like going to search for one they are asking for. Or you could do a negative action and hopefully they ask for a new gift.

I will try this when i get my hands back on Fable 3. thanks!