270 Gs... thats probably what i will ever get for it

Destro

There we go, finish the single titles with everybody, have all costumes with Aisha since she was my starting character, the one i like the most. I know i could do other character, with will and perseverance, but even Aisha i finished to get the right amount of money just lately, i was unlocking swimsuit with every character and i still didn't had the money to buy all of them when finish so had to do way more matchs again with her. Like i said playing times to times i could maybe finish with 1 or 2 more characters, but im not really motivated cause the "pops" are gonna come way slower than doing a title run with characters. Even tought its 10 more Gs, its way more than 30 matchs to unlock all + buy all...

And with so much good games out, being a big online gamer, i will probably play this only when i dont know what to do, being bored, doing 2-3 matchs and thats it(at least it will count as a start up)

I was reading the guy thread about the hall of fame, i didn't post in it cause he asked to not, by respect, but i would like to say to have the 1000 you either need to have no life, no money(to buy new and better games) or just simply being nuts. I would say its more like a Hall of Shame...

If this was only doing the 20 or so characters... but no you have to do 30 more CAW... just wow... seriously... i dont even create more than 10 CAW in smackdown vs raw where the create thing is way more develope so cmon....

That was my 2 cent, that was a long run for me getting that 270, and yet i done not even 10% of the game.... hahahaha its so depressing.

Those game back in 2005-2006 where so outbalanced for achievements.... you had these easy 1000 where doing the game gave it to you(Fight Night 3, King Kong etc) and those crazy achievement games like this one where it take an entire life if you actually work/have a social life/have other games to play. Or these games like Quake 4 or GOW, be ranked 1st in the world...yeah right...

Anyway it just feel good to let this go a little bit, thanks for reading :) Chill

• 3 months later...

I was reading the guy thread about the hall of fame, i didn't post in it cause he asked to not, by respect, but i would like to say to have the 1000 you either need to have no life, no money(to buy new and better games) or just simply being nuts. I would say its more like a Hall of Shame...

So you don't have the gall to finish it yet anyone who does (and perhaps likes the game) has no life? Real classy. :|

Edited by artphobia

• 2 weeks later...

LOL dude, its the kind of game that is fun for a while, then when you have play a lot with every characters and put every one of them champ, the rest seem like pure time wasting. I got money, i can buy the Gears of War, Halo, Call of Duty or every other fun game to play online and go into hours of MP competition. I can buy awesome solo games like the Elder Scrolls games that ARE DEFINATELY WORTH putting hundreds of hours into them. Rumble Roses, its the old rinse and repeat thing and im sorry but playing video games should not be like going to work.

The only way i could finish this game at 1000 would be if all my other games would broke out at the same time, and that i would had no money at all to buy new ones. And actually speaking of it, i think if i would had 1000 in this game i would fear people would laught at me for having no life... its already shamefull to have to play this Offline so people don't message you with the likes of "are you sick dude, wtf?" or "ok... you really have nothing to do in your life to play this crap"

I don't think personally its a totally bad game, it have qualities, i would not had play this that much would it totally suck, but thats cause i used to be a huge wrestling fan(i don't watch it often these days) and i had put countless hours doing all the scenario in the smackdown games on PS2, making even my own story for PPV matches fooling around. But that game had better gameplay, a scenario(wich really lackin in RR) and those where actual real wrestlers so for fan it was more like getting to reproduce shows sees on tv.

But yeah, already having 50 hours or so in this game is well enought, im not saying i wont ever be playing it again, sometimes your very bored, dont have the feel to go play competitive, so you just put a "passing time game" you do 1 hour or so then your not touching this game for like 4 months after that... Its pretty funny my RR achievements are spread trought something like 3-4 years... lol

Yes, I read all that in your first post or was given the same implied feeling. Not certain what you were attempting to elaborate on, sorry.

Summed up, this what I got from both your posts...

- Game was fun, but felt it was lacking in design

- Finished the "end game" for all non-custom characters

- Done with playing game

- Reason: 100% completion time doesn't outweigh person interest in game

- Reason: Fear of other's opinions if you did 100% the game

- Mentioning of having enough money to own other 360 titles

- Putting down anyone with personal interest to actually 100%

Guess you forget other people have different interests and taste in games. I just find it silly you put down people that like a game. I can understand not wanting to grind a game to completion for personally not liking it though. For example, I doubt I will finish grinding BulletStorm kills or Gears of War 2 kills because, personally, found both lacking. Yet if that's someone else's cup of tea then more power to them and oh well.

There is always personal opinions for sure, but there is also common sense. GOW2 you can like or don't like the game, the 100 000 Kills can be achieved riding the brumak, wich would be a total of 8 or 10 hours based on what friends have tell me(i didn't do much brumak, just enought to finish it at the end)

Level 100 could be achieve very easily also this days with the crazy ammount of XP they give sometimes....

But bottom line, this is like COD, with the prestige thing, i like COD, a lot, but i would never prestige to the max possible, yet i don't find people that did it "no life" or whatever, cause it was there favorite game, it was competitive, and everytime i play COD i have lot of fun.

BUT doing RR, during 350+ hours or more... i can't understand how any sane person could have fun doing this...the old rinse and repeat formula, and basically playing JUST for the achievements...

This would mean either you are out of work and/or dosen't have many friends or girlfriend. Or in the other case you just hate every other games and only play RR 2-3 hours per evening and hoping to eventually complete it...

Im sorry but i can't understand how some people would be "proud" to complete a game like that, it dosen't take any skill, just A LLOOOOOOTTTT of time and the will to miss good games just to finish an old average game.

• 1 month later...
There is always personal opinions for sure, but there is also common sense. GOW2 you can like or don't like the game, the 100 000 Kills can be achieved riding the brumak, wich would be a total of 8 or 10 hours based on what friends have tell me(i didn't do much brumak, just enought to finish it at the end)

Level 100 could be achieve very easily also this days with the crazy ammount of XP they give sometimes....

But bottom line, this is like COD, with the prestige thing, i like COD, a lot, but i would never prestige to the max possible, yet i don't find people that did it "no life" or whatever, cause it was there favorite game, it was competitive, and everytime i play COD i have lot of fun.

BUT doing RR, during 350+ hours or more... i can't understand how any sane person could have fun doing this...the old rinse and repeat formula, and basically playing JUST for the achievements...

This would mean either you are out of work and/or dosen't have many friends or girlfriend. Or in the other case you just hate every other games and only play RR 2-3 hours per evening and hoping to eventually complete it...

Im sorry but i can't understand how some people would be "proud" to complete a game like that, it dosen't take any skill, just A LLOOOOOOTTTT of time and the will to miss good games just to finish an old average game.

Been meaning to make a post here for a while and just haven't had the spare moment. Anyways I agree with you to an extent Destro. Rumble Roses XX does not necessarily require any type of skill to get 1000 in unless you decide to do it manually and face Hard difficulty opponents to grind out your RR because the A.I is pretty ruthless on that difficulty. But besides that, some people(but not most) turbo control this game for RR which makes a 1000 in this game look even less impressive. I never supported this technique but to each their own..

Rumble Roses XX has not been deemed as an "impressive" 1000 to have because of the skill required Destro, it has been deemed that because of the amount of time it takes to complete. It's about devotion, no matter how you want to look at it as requiring skill to finish. Rumble Roses XX is not even a popular game compared to the likes of more main stream games such as Cal of Duty, Halo, or Gears of War. Which is another reason so few have 1000 in this game because nobody really plays it.

What a "sane" person considers fun is irrelevant. You brought out how you enjoy playing Gears of War, which is a franchise that is noteworthy for it grindy achievements such as Seriously and Seriously 2.0. The same way you are able to play those games and go for those achievements is the exact same way someone who enjoys wrestling games would go for the 1000 in Rumble Roses. Just like you would think a Rumble Roses fan would be crazy for putting forth so much time to complete it, they could easily think likewise for you playing Gears of War for those kill based achievements. But does that make you an un-sane person? Of course not.

A game similar to Rumble Roses in terms of grindy achievements would be Mortal Kombat 9(which you have on your card I see). The "My Kung Fu is Stronger" achievement takes 700 hours if you don't use the short cut methods such as using Kombat Codes, idle your system on tag practice, etc. Even then it takes roughly 350 hours to complete. Rumble Roses XX takes 230 hours or less to finish with the guides in the forum. On Trueachievements, 146 people have completed Rumble Roses XX which was released in 2006. And 138 people have completed Mortal Kombat 9 which was released in April of this year, I'm pretty sure it's going to surpass Rumble Roses XX in completions soon and it's only 5 months old. Just goes to show that no matter how ridiculous the achievements for some games are, if it's a popular game(such as COD, Gears, MK, etc.) people will work for them. Unpopular games such as this one...not many.

When I first played Rumble Roses XX in 2009 I went for the 1000 because so few have done it at the time. I felt it was a game I could be "proud" to complete because so few have had the patience in them to do it(without turbo controller) and when I got the 1000 I was indeed proud because I set a goal and I achieved it and I really liked the game! Just because somebody takes their time to 1000 a game with grindy achievements(not just Rumble Roses) it doesn't mean they have "no life, no friends, girlfriend, like any other games etc. because there are tons of people that have all those and a 1000 in this game, I can vouch for that.

But in the end everything you said was an assortment of gaming cliche's and opinions that won't take or add to Rumble Roses XX. I remain proud of my 1000. Games like Gears of War and Mortal Kombat 9 have achievements that are just as grindy they just happen to be more popular games with more fan base and that's why so many people go for them. Unlike Rumble Roses XX which can't even compare in that aspect. Overall I agree when you said this is an "average" game because it definitely would have had no charm if it wasn't for them women in it. But that doesn't mean anybody who takes their own personal time to 1000 it has no social life just because you think so.

Edited by FeLizP

I apreciate the effort you have put into your post, yet i disagree in the comparing of popular games to games like RR. You see in MK, sure My Kung Fu is stronger is a LONG achievement, but MK is a good game, very fun, and most X-Rays and Wins etc will naturally come playing with half the characters if you don't always use the same one.

For the other half there is the codes like you mentioned, or you can simply do arcades. For the time factor, again it will naturally come with time for your most used characters, and for the rest you can always leave your xbox open at night. I am waiting to get a bigger HDD to do that eventually, cause i don't wanna burn this consol doing it.

Then for GOW for exemple, i played the game so much, for fun, that i surpassed 5 times the seriously mark in GOW1 and Seriously 2.0 needed a little less than 8 hours if you where grinding it, yet many peoples like me did half or more playing normally the MP/hordes and such. Grinded the remaining...

Lev 100 came also very easily for lots of people with the many times X32 XP or such, as for me i had twice or more(can't remember) the XP require. The difference is either COD, Halo or GOW are popular shooters, games that people will play so much for fun.

RR is boring to death when you pass a certain initial mark, and even for a wrestling fan like me that put countless hours into games such as Smackdown vs Raw

Edited by Destro

Allow me to analyze your post.

I apreciate the effort you have put into your post, yet i disagree in the comparing of popular games to games like RR. You see in MK, sure My Kung Fu is stronger is a LONG achievement, but MK is a good game, very fun, and most X-Rays and Wins etc will naturally come playing with half the characters if you don't always use the same one.

For the other half there is the codes like you mentioned, or you can simply do arcades. For the time factor, again it will naturally come with time for your most used characters, and for the rest you can always leave your xbox open at night. I am waiting to get a bigger HDD to do that eventually, cause i don't wanna burn this consol doing it.

Then for GOW for exemple, i played the game so much, for fun, that i surpassed 5 times the seriously mark in GOW1 and Seriously 2.0 needed a little less than 8 hours if you where grinding it, yet many peoples like me did half or more playing normally the MP/hordes and such. Grinded the remaining...

Lev 100 came also very easily for lots of people with the many times X32 XP or such, as for me i had twice or more(can't remember) the XP require. The difference is either COD, Halo or GOW are popular shooters, games that people will play so much for fun.

RR is boring to death when you pass a certain initial mark, and even for a wrestling fan like me that put countless hours into games such as Smackdown vs Raw

Red= Opinion

Blue= Proof that you are willing to devote time into a game(similar to RRXX which needs hours of devotion)

Your post just proves that popular games(GOW,MK) get completed more often. There are 4,496 people who have completed Gears of War 1 even WITH it's glitched Seriously achievement. So why do people still go for it? Because it's Gears of War, its a popular franchise. What type of following does Rumble Roses have? Nothing in comparison. So it's pretty hypocritical to say that only people with "no life" will 1000 this game but it's still okay to complete Gears with its outrageous online achievements because it's popular and "fun" . Same thing goes for MK9 and its Kung Fu achievement, which also takes longer to do than Rumble Roses. At least in Rumble Roses you KNOW when your achievements will unlock, "Seriously..." sometimes unlocks at 13k kills for some people. I happen to find Rumble Roses XX to be fun(wrestling fan) and I got the 1000 in it but it doesn't mean I have "no life" nor would I say that people with 1250 in Gears 1 have "no life". Sometimes it's not so much if a game is fun to a gamer but rather, if they're willing to 1000 a game that not many people have, which is usually the case with games like Rumble Roses, Deathsmiles, Lost Planet, etc.

The purpose of my post was to illustrate to you that popular mainstream games will get completed(all achievements) more often than non-popular games just because they are popular. You are flaming a game that's not even popular in the first place so of course you would find the 230 hours of dedication to be foolish especially if you already don't like the game. But like I said you are merely stating an opinion which you are entitled to.

Which is to say, just because GOW, MK, COD, and Halo are popular games, it doesn't mean that EVERYBODY finds them to be fun. It's all a matter of preference or opinion. Personally I would rather play Rumble Roses over Gears of War ANY day. :p But that's just my opinion, obviously you feel much differently about the game than I do.

It's really all about whether or not you enjoy a game enough or not to spend whatever x amount of hours to get all the achievements for it. It should have nothing to do about a person's status in life(bum, doctor, etc.). If you love a game enough be it from a series or whatever, or you want to make a name for yourself because so few have done it(like Rumble Roses) then a gamer has that right to go for the 1000 despite gamer cliches about "having no life". I see you plan on getting 1000 in MK at the expense of leaving your console on for 300 hours. I don't think that means you have no life you just want to complete a game that you like and find fun. Rumble Roses doesn't even take 300 hours with the shortcuts given in the guides so even then MK is worse than RR but people more people are already about to have 1000 in it than Rumble Roses just by checking out my true achievements link. Why? Because MK is a popular franchise(more so than RR).

I can agree to disagree with you as far as what games we enjoy or find "fun". I just want to make sure you understand that everying in the OP is purely non-objective and everything I said about a game being popular/unpopular has a lot to do with whether people care to 1000 it or not. RRXX is only getting slammed because it happens to have a lousy achievement list. I always said in the guides that you don't have to play RR straight, I even encouraged taking breaks from it to play other games. I bet if it was an easy less than 5 hour 1k or was popular like GOW, COD, etc. this thread may not even exist...

Edited by FeLizP

Its not comparing, its like you compare a Ferrari to an Honda Civic... both are cars but thats where the comparing stop.

GOW : Most people didn't go for the seriously achievement at all, they just played because they wanted to play, like i said i pass that mark 5 times at least, it was an awesome shooter to play. If you just wanted the 1000 and hated the game, sorry but your a fool, i would never go to such long achievement for a game i don't like. By the way the so call "glitched" seriously 3.0 is because at one point an update was done and erased the killcount, so people with 3000 or such kills had to start over again. I personally got mine at 9 800(because kills that didn't count in the rank, because of host closing the game for exemple would still count toward the achievement) because i got it prior to the patch...

MK : MK require you to only let the xbox open at night not even in front of it... simple, not even "time consuming" but just electricity consuming if i can say. As for the rest, xrays and such, i started kano, doing lots of arcade for that and i realize he was a strong character, now he is one of my main online, so there is definately a point why they did that. I do agree its too long tought, as 100 xrays and 50 wins should had been enought, with maybe 5 hours per char, but well... I think those 2 achievements are not comparing at all. I have lot of fun playing MK online

Now if you have fun doing the "rinse and repeat" formula of RR OFFLINE non the less, really i don't know what to say... I can't understand how somebody would be thrill playing this for 300 hours or so... At first you want to see the swimsuit, you take pictures, its funny, like DOA xtreme 2, entertaining, but after you have play a lot of hours you realize its always the same thing, rinse and repeat all the way... then you look at all the characters and your like :eek: , and finally you understand you have to do the "custom characters" that are already pre-costumized or i dont know... and then you get :mad:

In the end you say to yourself, ok that was entertaining for a while but there is no way i will waste my life on that and your :(

Dude, i am doing Virtua Fighter 4 quest mode right now, it was fun at first, going to the end of the main part, but now i have to empty all arcades, and im at around 80% if im right, i do that when im bored, like 12 or so fights at a time... and even there i have done only 15 hours or so for the moment. I think doing all the arcades will probably take 25, has its the hardest one i have left. But even there, its nothing compare to the insane ammount of RR... and you get to know more your character doing this, they have lots of combo.

What im trying to tell you, is that its the rinse and repeat formula for 300 hours i find insane... there is so much more fun games to play than wasting hours like that on this just to do something people haven't done... ;)