PDA

View Full Version : Some issues regarding License Transfer

RoarShack
04-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I've read tons of things and haven't found the answer to my problem. Please if anyone can explain it'll be really appreciated. I've purchased stuff on XBL tons of time but never found myself in a situation like this. I'm moving to my cousin's house for joint study as exams are nearing. I'll be there for 1 1/2 months or so. I'll retrieve my account on his console. There are few questions which arose in my mind. a clear cut answer would be great.

1 = If I purchase content on his X360 will it be registered or licensed to his console?

2 = If Yes will I be able to play that content on my console while signed in to XBL. I know it works with arcade games but does it also work with other stuff e.g. DLCs

3 = If I purchase an arcade game on his console and then delete my profile before coming back to my home, will he still be able to play the arcade game without my profile on system?

4 = last question will my games be registered to two consoles?

Boylin
04-13-2011, 11:41 AM
1 - yes

2 - yes

3 - yes, but only ones originally downloaded on his console

4 - no, just the one it was first downloaded on, but it'll also be licenced to your profile

RoarShack
04-13-2011, 12:22 PM
1 - yes

2 - yes

3 - yes, but only ones originally downloaded on his console

4 - no, just the one it was first downloaded on, but it'll also be licenced to your profile

Thanks for the replies but I guess you got me wrong on 4th on, I meant my previous be registered on my console and the ones I buy on his console Right?

And that also makes me think If I ever perform License Transfer to another X360 it will transfer content on both consoles to the new system?

Boylin
04-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the replies but I guess you got me wrong on 4th on, I meant my previous be registered on my console and the ones I buy on his console Right?

And that also makes me think If I ever perform License Transfer to another X360 it will transfer content on both consoles to the new system?

The games will be licenced to which ever console they were first downloaded on so yeah, the ones you have already bought will be licenced to your console and anything you buy on his console will be licenced to that one.

A licence transfer will transfer all content licenced to your profile no matter which console it is licensed to.