PDA

View Full Version : Prototype pin topic. Only missable achievement topic.

mark21667
04-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I know there are other topics about, but I feel it needs a topic like this.

Unlocking the prototype clubs by getting the level 4 sponsorship DLC's will not unlock the prototype pin. It has been suggested that deleting those DLC's from the hard drive and getting the level 4 sponsorships legit may unlock it. Has anyone tried this? Did it work?

It seems deleting the DLC's still leaves the prototype putter unlocked, which may mean the prototype pin cannot be unlocked. Please keep any future news/tips in this topic.

rrapp00
04-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Once you max your guy to all 100's you will unlock Hammerhead Clubs and Outfit, so maybe it will pop then...

mark21667
04-13-2011, 03:23 PM
YESSSS! Just done the Nike hole in one. I can confirm deleting the DLC and getting to level 4 legit unlocks the pin.

billjones0302
04-13-2011, 10:51 PM
YESSSS! Just done the Nike hole in one. I can confirm deleting the DLC and getting to level 4 legit unlocks the pin.

Congrats! To add to your information, I unlocked the "Shark Attack" awhile ago, yet I have not unlocked all of the Prototype clubs. Presently, I have completed level 4 sponsorships with EA Sports, Cleveland Golf, TaylorMade, and Callaway. Still working on Ping (level 1) and Nike (level 3). The wedges all unlock when you complete the above and Nike level 2, Ping is not needed. I simply equipped the H2 Prototype wedge and it unlocked.

However, the Prototype pin did not unlock, so I surmise that all clubs (driver through putter) have to be unlocked by achieving all sponsor's level 4 in tournaments.

Now, if I can ever get the Nike ace and the Ping iron hole-out!

billjones0302
04-16-2011, 05:08 PM

Agreed! I unlocked the Hammerhead pin this morning. I had downloaded the Ping sponsor DLC, then deleted it. Unlocked all the clubs by completing the challenges. Now, I just need the Master's Moments and the online games to complete "Pin Collector".

Edit: Master's Moments are done!!! Anyone up for online? Last one to go.

Stewie Griffin2
04-17-2011, 08:04 AM
You can't get the pin by buying sponsorships. That much has been confirmed.

That being said, your thread title is extremely misleading. There are a TON of missable achievements. Getting all pins, all of the "Play a major with X sponsor", defending your title, broken record etc. All of those are technically missable.

mark21667
04-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Fair enough. How do I go about getting the topic deleted?