PDA

View Full Version : what will sell more Gta or Halo3?

Mr Striker09
06-29-2007, 09:08 PM
i think Gta because more people are into Gta than Halo3.

Tussell
06-29-2007, 09:16 PM
i think Gta because more people are into Gta than Halo3.
That's the most ass-retarded statement I've ever heard. Nothing against you.

But I'm almost 100% sure that it will sell less than H3.

WildManWiles01
06-29-2007, 09:19 PM

I would have to agree....

Webb
06-29-2007, 09:20 PM

Ha, how ironic :p

Shows how much you know. I'm pretty sure that Halo 2 sold 8 million whereas San Andreas sold around 12 million (1 million less than Vice City).

So before being "100%" sure and calling other people retarded, check out the facts ;)

Tussell
06-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Ha, how ironic :p

Shows how much you know. I'm pretty sure that Halo 2 sold 8 million whereas San Andreas sold around 12 million (1 million less than Vice City).

So before being "100%" sure and calling other people retarded, check out the facts ;)
I stand retarded and corrected.

I will admit though, I've probably played the GTA games a lot more 'hours' than I have any Halo game.

italianstallion
06-29-2007, 09:25 PM
It will be more of a race than you think.

GTA4 games are extremely popular. Why did M$ drop $50 million for downloadable content?

That being said, on xbox 360 alone, halo 3 will outsell gta4, due to halo 3 being an exclusive title you cannot get anywhere else.

Tussell
06-29-2007, 09:29 PM
It will be more of a race than you think.

GTA4 games are extremely popular. Why did M$ drop $50 million for downloadable content?

That being said, on xbox 360 alone, halo 3 will outsell gta4, due to halo 3 being an exclusive title you cannot get anywhere else.
Oh, I forgot about GTA being multi-platform. That alone makes me take back my statement about it selling less.

B1@nK
06-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Lol you kiddin'? Halo 3 will win. Hey baby there is already over 4 million preorder in the usa plus other side of the earth. It will be sold over 4 million in the FIRST WEEK.

graf1k
06-29-2007, 09:38 PM
GTA4 for one reason. How ever many people that have a system that can play Halo 3, there are 3-4 million more that can play GTA4 (PS3 owners). All things being equal, bet on the multiplatform game.

Walcherina
06-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Exclusively for the Xbox 360, Halo 3. But taking in consideration the other platform sales for GTA IV, GTA IV.

Webb
06-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah blank, looks like you know the real answer /sarcasm

This is a one sided question and the real answer is that GTA will sell probably twice what Halo sells.

Slane
06-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Since GTAIV is multi-platform it will of course sell more, but when it comes to the 360 no doubt Halo 3 will win. But I'm hoping GTAIV will come close or even out sale it. I prefer the GTA series over Halo series anyday so, here's to GTA kicking some Spartan booty!

Maka
06-29-2007, 10:01 PM
For Xbox 360, Halo 3 will sell more copies, without a doubt, but for all consoles, I think that Grand Theft Auto has a bigger chance of getting the top spot.

Tussell
06-29-2007, 10:03 PM
For Xbox 360, Halo 3 will sell more copies, without a doubt, but for all consoles, I think that Grand Theft Auto has a bigger chance of getting the top spot.
Well, I'm just a stupid piece of shit. :(

Hahahaha, I deserve it though. :p

Rand al Thor 19
06-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Anybody with a clue knows that GTA IV will sell more worldwide than Halo 3. However, Halo 3 will outsell GTA IV on the 360. End of discussion.

Cyrex
06-29-2007, 10:13 PM
exactly as rand said San Andres out sold Halo 2 just because it came out for PS2 also;). If GTA 4 was a 360 exclusive like Halo 3, then Halo 3 would win by far but due to the fact that GTA 4 is also on PS3 it will out sell Halo. Halo 2 was the most anticipated game ever according to the book of world records, and i think that Halo 3 may take its place, but GTA 4 will still out sell Halo.

B1@nK
06-29-2007, 10:17 PM
exactly as rand said San Andres out sold Halo 2 just because it came out for PS2 also;). If GTA 4 was a 360 exclusive like Halo 3, then Halo 3 would win by far but due to the fact that GTA 4 is also on PS3 it will out sell Halo. Halo 2 was the most anticipated game ever according to the book of world records, and i think that Halo 3 may take its place, but GTA 4 will still out sell Halo.
LIES ALL LIES

Jdm
06-29-2007, 10:50 PM

Agreed, Maka.

GTA, overall will sell more copies than Halo 3. If we stick with JUST the 360, then Halo 3 should out sell GTA.

Myncy
06-29-2007, 10:59 PM
On the 360, Halo 3 will probably outsell GTA4. Add in PS3 sales though, and GTA4 would win.

Minty
06-29-2007, 11:19 PM
LIES ALL LIES

Cheers for that informative post.

Arent you below the age recommendation for Halo anyway. Shouldnt you be on My Little Pony still???

Webb
06-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Man, it pisses me off how people like bl@nk are so damn naive... Either way, GTA PWN's the fuck out of Halo ;)

Minty
06-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Yeah, Halo is a great game. Then you hit puberty and prefer games like GTA ;)

Ghost x360a
06-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Probably GTA because it will be on more than just the 360, but Halo 3 will probably sell more on the first day then GTA.

Yoshi6107
06-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Maybe if we were just talking the 360 version of GTA IV vs Halo 3, then I'd say Halo 3, but since GTA will be on two platforms, it'll likely outsell Halo.

L3giOn
06-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Man, it pisses me off how people like bl@nk are so damn naive... Either way, GTA PWN's the fuck out of Halo ;)

GTA sucks Halo's E peen.

Minty
06-29-2007, 11:36 PM
GTA sucks Halo's E peen.

Just cos you like playing with 12 year old boys.

Cos this is thriller...............

Zef
06-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Halo 3 because the fanboys need a copy for every room in their house, a copy to keep sealed away in an underground vault, a copy to show to friends, a fake copy to leave out incase their house gets robbed and the thief sees the box, a copy to sell on eBay because all of the other copies have sold out so they can raise money to buy other copies from eBay because they don't have enough themselves and the limited edition copy.

GTA IV fans just buy the one.

Jdm
06-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks for adding a poll! So the voting is on the game that sells Overall the most copies? If that's the case, then my vote is in for GTA(no offense to Halo fans).

Webb
06-29-2007, 11:44 PM
GTA sucks Halo's E peen.

GTA shapes the future of gaming. GTA 3 was a revolution and this will be too. Halo is just another FPS but slightly better, thats all.

Danny Dibo
06-30-2007, 12:06 AM
GTA shapes the future of gaming. GTA 3 was a revolution and this will be too. Halo is just another FPS but slightly better, thats all.

THANK YOU!!
I have been saying all along Halo gets Wayy too much credit when it has very little originality.

GTAIV wins by a few mill.

Kaens
06-30-2007, 04:00 AM
GTA is multiplatform so it will win. From memory (thus likely wrong) San Andreas sold 20 million copies and Halo 2 sold 8 million.

06-30-2007, 04:15 AM
GTA gets my vote. Does anyone know if you can play online with this one?

Krueger
06-30-2007, 04:42 AM
on all the consoles gta will sell more but on the 360 halo will sell better then gta

L3giOn
06-30-2007, 05:16 AM

Halo eats GTA for breakfast. :)

XxDJ B LakexX
06-30-2007, 05:16 AM
got to go with halo3, after all it is pretty much the big boss game of the xbox and was one of the reasons for lots of people to buy the xbox

Spartan EXR
06-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Halo 3 no doubt.

Webb
06-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Halo eats GTA for breakfast. :)

Great argument there Legion :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, but really, lets look at this from an objective viewpoint...

Halo - ANOTHER FPS.... GTA... The first 3D sandbox EVER.
Halo - Poor campaign... GTA... Gripping campaign
Halo - Short campaing... GTA... Hours and hours of fun.

Fair enough Halo kicks GTA's multiplayer ass but GTA is 100% a single player game! GTA 4 will do for gaming what GTA 3 did ;) Revolutionise. The level of realism will be unmatched, attention to detail will be unmatched and user involvement will be unmatched... Well, except to GTA 5 anyway ;)

Lokstir
06-30-2007, 11:44 AM
hmm this is gunna be close. GTA4 is on the ps3 and will no doubt be one of the best ps3 games to date so all of ps3 owners will no doubt get it, but since the ps3 sold so shitty that really won't be too much of an advantage. well considering they'll eventually port gta4 to the psp like every other successful ps game im going to go with gta4

Lokstir
06-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Halo - ANOTHER FPS.... GTA... The first 3D sandbox EVER.
Halo - Poor campaign... GTA... Gripping campaign
Halo - Short campaing... GTA... Hours and hours of fun.

Halo - First good console fps
Halo 1 - good campaign (sure its kinda short, its an fps, thats why theres 4 difficulties)
halo - hours and hours of multiplayer fun

Webb
06-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Halo - First good console fps
Halo 1 - good campaign (sure its kinda short, its an fps, thats why theres 4 difficulties)
halo - hours and hours of multiplayer fun

Now your just clutching at straws and double posting :p

First good? What? Doom, Duke Nuke Em, Half Life all set a good standard. Halo just improved the look and the multiplayer.

4 difficulties does not make a game long :p So your saying that you could make one level an hour long and put it on 100 difficulties and then it would have a good life? ;)

Like I said before, granted, the multiplayer is good but its hardly a revolutionary game whereas GTA is and always will be.

angry
06-30-2007, 12:13 PM

First good? What? Doom, Duke Nuke Em, Half Life all set a good standard. Halo just improved the look and the multiplayer.

4 difficulties does not make a game long :p So your saying that you could make one level an hour long and put it on 100 difficulties and then it would have a good life? ;)

Like I said before, granted, the multiplayer is good but its hardly a revolutionary game whereas GTA is and always will be.

I agree with you Webby m8, i would say that GTA will sell more than Halo 3, as for GTA there will be a hell of a lot more hours of gameplay than what Halo 3 will have.

Mr Striker09
06-30-2007, 01:03 PM
its no way Halo3 is goin to beat Gta4 on sales. Gta4 is on the ps3 n the 360. its no way its goin to beat that. Halo might beat gta4 on the 360 tho. i just think people around the world are more into Gta than halo.

L3giOn
06-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Fair enough Halo kicks GTA's ass

I'm glad you finally see it that way. :)

italianstallion
06-30-2007, 02:45 PM
I already posted in here once, but are we talking about sales on 360 alone? worldwide sales?

gta4 will be on ps3, 360, and probably PC soon enoug, so of course with it being on more platforms it will sell more overall and worldwide.

Nobody has mentioned the fact that the PS3 is selling like dog shit and will that have an effect on the overall scheme of things? How about the $50 million Microsoft has handed over to take-two/rockstar?

I think that if gta4 is going to be as successfull as it was last gen, it has to push system this summer/fall.

Lokstir
06-30-2007, 03:01 PM

sorry for double posting, you posted your post while i was still typing up my first one. and i said that it was the first good console fps. dom, duke nukem and half life were pc games i do believe. and the part about 1 level on 100 difficulties, come on dont put words in my mouth. and i didnt say that gta was bad, i love gta, i just also love halo

Cold Rival
06-30-2007, 03:01 PM
The Halo franchise is starting to get a little bit boring (for me anyway), although the fanbase that is has is still as strong as ever.

I know that GTA is a much better game, and personally I'd much rather pick that off the shelves. But this doesn't matter, because I just know that Halo will sell more copies simply because of the 10 year olds who still think that shooting lasers and flying spaceships is "way cooler" than shooting a pistol or driving a car.

Sebastian55
06-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Because it will be multiplatform, I gave my vote to GTA IV. I think that in releasing a beta for people to use, it only pissed the "Halo Nation" off... From what I've read in numerous forums, I don't think that everyone is as pleased with what they say in the beta as Bungie thought they'd be. Regardless, Halo 3 will still sell millions of copies just because it's Halo 3... Of course, I'll be buying both because I've been a fan of both franchises as a gamer.

BlaZiN cdn
06-30-2007, 03:35 PM
GTA IV because it's multiplatform so if you count the number of people with a PS3 and 360 that will buy it, it will probably be more than Halo 3.

Sebastian55
06-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Did you not see the ;) at the end of his post. I think Webb is just having some fun with you guys. haha :woop:

Webb
06-30-2007, 04:38 PM
lol

I'd like someone to explain how Halo is original... I play the game, love the series, but its an FPS where the good guys take on the aliens.

Flash
06-30-2007, 04:59 PM
If we were talking GTA IV sales on 360, I'd say Halo 3. However, as Kaens stated GTA is multiplatform and will overall blow Halo out of the water.

I would however like to see what GTA Will offer as far as replayability goes, For example: Multiplayer, Open ended / Downloadable story lines etc.

And I agree with Webb, Halo Games are generic shooters, however offering Enourmous replayability with the Legendary Multiplayer.

ilski
06-30-2007, 06:03 PM

This statement is absurd.

Not even close to a revolution, but there was a definite shift...in Sandbox games. Means nothing for just about any other genre of game.

The slightly better part is highly debatable.

ilski
06-30-2007, 06:07 PM
And about the raging debate. GTA 4 will undoubtedly sell more copies than Halo 3 cross platform, probably double the amount. And it will be pretty close in sales on the 360 as well.

Segnius
06-30-2007, 08:17 PM
and i said that it was the first good console fps.

I don't know if you haven't been into video games very long, or just haven't tried many of them out, but it is most definitely not the first good console fps. Some of the good ones were on pc first, but that doesn't really matter.

Webb
06-30-2007, 08:23 PM
This statement is absurd.

Not even close to a revolution, but there was a definite shift...in Sandbox games. Means nothing for just about any other genre of game.

The slightly better part is highly debatable.

I'll go fancy too :p

Absurd? Hardly, GTA 3 set a standard in gaming that was so far ahead of the competition it's ridiculous. No one at that time was even close. Dan Houser believes that GTA 4 will have the same effect.
There was no such thing as 3D sandbox until GTA 3 came along. Sounds like a revolution to me.

The online play is far above anyone else but the single player leaves a little to be desired. One of the main success's of Halo 3 was the setup, the matchmaking. Put that in Gears of War and it would kick Halo's ass.

MadDog2010
06-30-2007, 09:01 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Lokstir
06-30-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't know if you haven't been into video games very long, or just haven't tried many of them out, but it is most definitely not the first good console fps. Some of the good ones were on pc first, but that doesn't really matter.

i've been playing since i can even remember, my family had a NES before i was born, so lets just say ive been playing all my life. And let's face it, the best fps before halo on the xbox was goldeneye, and if you've since played goldeneye (which i did for nostalgic reasons not long ago) then you'll realize that it doesnt even compare to todays games. it was only passable back then since there was no halo. halo i can still play with friends and still think wow this game is awesome. and yes it does matter that i said first good console fps, scine earlier that kid said it was just another fps. it isnt just another fps. it proved that good fps's dont need a keyboard and mouse. so plz dont insinuate that im a noob without actually reading through what we're talking about0

Segnius
07-01-2007, 12:09 AM
so plz dont insinuate that im a noob without actually reading through what we're talking about0

Well, I read every post in the thread before making mine. I also wasn't trying to insult you. I do however find it hard to believe that somebody can look back at all the past console shooters and think that they all suck just because they aren't as good as Halo.

Webb
07-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Well, I read every post in the thread before making mine. I also wasn't trying to insult you. I do however find it hard to believe that somebody can look back at all the past console shooters and think that they all suck just because they aren't as good as Halo.

I couldn't have put it better myself. You have to think about it at the time it is released. If you released Pacman in the 30's it would be seen as ground breaking, just like Goldeneye was ;)

Wandering Proof
07-01-2007, 12:22 AM
I will be picking both of these rockin titles up, but I think that Halo 3 will outsell, it has always destroyed sales on release, and you just don't see the following with GTA that you do with Halo.

The only reason GTA may sell more overall is because it is a multi-platform game, but as far as 360 sales go, Halo will trump it.

justcallmeChill
07-01-2007, 12:41 AM
h3 cnbxnbvxnxnvvbx

SegaSaturnSNK
07-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Imo, there are more Halo fan boys than GTA fan boys so I go with Halo. Even though GTA 4's exclusive DLC will probably satisfy fans more than anything that Halo 3 can offer.

Lokstir
07-01-2007, 12:57 AM
all i was saying is that 10 years from now i will still be able to play halo and think its ground breaking,

and i think we're geting off topic. GTA will outsell halo. i'll bet 100 respect points

Rand al Thor 19
07-01-2007, 04:09 AM
GTA is a much, much bigger franchise that Halo. I know Halo fanboys all like think that Halo is the be all and end all of video games but it's not even the most popular franchise in the America let alone the world. Lets look at sales numbers: Halo 2 sold 8 million worldwide..... GTA: San Andreas sold 15 million worldwide with only 2 million coming from the Xbox which means that San Andreas sold 13 million units on the PS2. There is reason why M$ game Rockstar a shit-ton of money(kinda funny when you think that M$ turned down GTA III and then Sony picked it up)... and that's all the new gamers GTA will bring to the 360. In fact, I think that this year GTA IV is more important to M$ than Halo 3. Chew on that.

Kaens
07-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I'll see all your votes on these crappy games (I don't like either one actually) and I'll raise you the true world domination franchise - Pokemon!

sln333
07-05-2007, 08:45 PM
i'm getting both, and i'm a little surprised to see halo doing that well in the poll. only five months after its release, gta san andreas sold over 12 million copies on the ps2. a year after its release halo 2 sold over 7 million units. the numbers say gta will win.

Sil3nt360
07-05-2007, 08:48 PM
GTA IV will sell more because it will be on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Sales for Xbox 360 tho I think Halo 3 will have the edge.

Toki Wauna Noki
07-06-2007, 03:01 PM
i say Halo 3 because i played the beta and i think it is a game that would be in every household.

zOwnerofallz
07-08-2007, 01:28 AM
GTA PWN's the fuck out of Halo ;)

Finally someone agrees with me...

jiggle 101
07-08-2007, 07:59 AM
halo 3 but GTA will be better

zdarko43
07-08-2007, 08:20 AM
i'm surprised that the voting is as close as it is.

but nonethe lesss, just as everyone else says, if you're counting 360 exclusively, then you're best bet is halo. multiple platforms, probably iv.

but you know something else? i dont know about you guys, but the open sandbox game i think has been taken way out of hand the past 2 years. it seems as if everyone is jumpin on the band wagon and now its just becoming a complete burnout.

i mean just on the 360 look how many open sandbox titles there are to date?

my point is, halo is only a third of its kind. gta iv is technically gta 6 i think? correct me if i'm wrong here.
but there is only so many ways you can pick up a hooker, pay her for her services, run her down, and take ur money back.

im not doubting its integrity. i think rockstar has a great thing, but too much of a great thing is not a good thing. i think they should install a second edition to bully, or perhaps try another new way to pave the road for future games.

gta iii was innovative with the capability to run around, killing anything and everything and blowing s%!t up. thats the fundamentals of any good game, really.

now for halo, on the other hand. its way overrated. sure i have a halo gamerpic, but its only cuz i was bored of it being EA. gears of war has halo beat i believe, but halo has that classical fun of grenadin ur ally as he kamikazes his way into the opponents base.

both have their ups and downs, and are no doubt to be great games. but whether which sells more i could really care less of. the only thing i care for is a great quality game, and not a rushed piece of work just to slap your name on the title and put it on the shelves for all fanboys to gobble them up just boosting their profits for the fourth quarter earnings for the year making the company look even more profitable.

i think thats it for my rant. its late. goodnight.

tarekegypt
07-08-2007, 09:09 AM
This should help with the comparisons.

November 15, 2001 - Halo launch
April 8, 2002 - Halo sells through the one million mark
January - June, 2004 - Halo is still top 5 in the US

October 31, 2001 - GTA 3 launch
February 7, 2002 - GTA 3 passes two million units sold

GTA 3 sales to-date - 5.4 Million
Vice City sales to-date - 6.1 million
Halo sales to-date - 5 million

Xbox Userbase - 15 million
PS2 Userbase - 75 million

hardware to software ratios
Xbox to Halo - 3
PS2 to GTA 3 - 13.8
PS2 to Vice City - 12.3

first 3 days of launch:
Xbox to Halo 2 - 6.25
PS2 to San Andreas - 36.8

tarekegypt
07-08-2007, 09:10 AM
GTA pulled further ahead with December sales.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
December 2004 (USA) - 1,555,000
Total (USA) - 5,145,000

Halo 2 (Xbox)
December 2004 (USA) - 1,025,000
Total (USA) - 4,290,000
Total (World) - Over 6,300,000

tarekegypt
07-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Sources:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2002/apr02/04-08HaloMillionPR.asp
http://www.npdfunworld.com/funServlet?nextpage=pr_body.html&content_id=1092
http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/25/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6470793/

RedstaR
07-08-2007, 11:16 PM
lol@8yrold remarks to halo, my 8&12 year old cousins(GIRLS) play GTA, I played the first GTA on ps2, but then the story line got lame, the sequels sucked..

I love Halo, but GTA wins because of multi-platform.

Pez
07-09-2007, 12:00 AM
I can't deny the obvious... Which, for some reason, quite a lot of you are doing.

No matter how much you love the Halo franchise, no matter how much of a fanboy you are, no matter how much you'd love to be in bed with Master Chief, GTA is OBVIOUSLY going to sell better.

This is not just because it is multi-platform either. If you were to compare the sales of each game on the 360 alone, you would come out with a GTA winner.

Why? Well FPS is for specific class of gamers, same with racers, and oh yes, same with free-roamers. Oh RPG too.

If you throw ALL of these together, you get a Sandbox game, most recently being Crackdown.

What is GTA? That's right. A Sandbox game. Halo 3 will only attract who it's aimed for, whereas GTA is gonna attract who it's aimed for, aswell as attracting who it isn't aimed for.

Even if you don't like the GTA series, you're gonna play it at some point.

GTA gets my vote.

P.S. *Lightbulb* Master chief player-skin for GTA, anyone?

~SS

zdarko43
07-09-2007, 03:20 PM
good research tarekegypt

this shows the stats, and considering how many ps2's vs xbox's own.

now look at the ratio between 360's and ps3's... i think that has a big contrast. so what if sony dropped in price of their 60 gig. the ps3 is still a joke.

not many ppl own ps3's vs 360.

so this will be very interesting to track sales.

i wonder how many units each already has on pre-order / presell as of today? i bet theres more pre orders on halo 3, especially if the consumers wanted the legendary collection featuring the helmet, some wall poster, and the collectors edition of halo 3 ( bonus disc and features. )
as far as i'm aware, gtaiv is doing giving nothing extra or having any special bundles with thier game.

to be quite honest im not even sure if im going to buy gta. i'm kinda burnt out on open sand box. steal a car, do a mission. meh, i'd rather play with some friends on live with runnin em over and blowin up n00bs! haha

i used to love gta but i think they've overdone themselves. too many games within too little time. there is what, vice city, gtaiii, vice city stories, san andreas, gta, gta ii, and there was another released on psp that i cant think of... anyways, thats all im aware of there maybe more.

theres other series that keep their stuff current and new that keeps fans coming back. you can only paint the same car so many ways before people begin catching on.

final fantasy series has done well for themselves for example, or even metal gear. as well as ( great example ) mario. look how many different games there are with that. another even better example is zelda. :)

those are worth going back to again and again because its not the same story line doin the same stuff. :)

WildManWiles01
07-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Although I did place my vote for H3....

I would say that more GTA games will be sold... even just on the 360.... BUT

As for longevity of the actual gameplay... If you go with strictly singleplayer, obviously GTA will win that....

But once you add multiplayer... H3 will win by a very long shot.

Truth being told... I played Saint's row non-stop since its release... singleplayer that is. Add in the lame ass multiplayer.... Once I beat the game, it has been sitting in my case, collecting dust. (I'm using Saint's row to compare because its the most recent GTA like game ... to me anyways. And I dont really count Crackdown)

But I still play Halo 2. Flame me as a fanboy or whatever, I dont really care. But the fact still remains that Halo 2 multiplayer is STILL fun as hell to play.

Ruthless
07-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Gta IV will sell more on 360 and multi platform becoz lets be honest its a more deep and fun game to play, i own every GTA and have completed them all and i have Halo 1 and 2 and i played them for like 2 hours each, there not fun over hyped and well shit so GTA will win, end of disscusion

III Curtis III
07-09-2007, 05:22 PM
i will be getting both but i do think halo 3 will win

M7.Ninja
07-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I'll probably get both of them, but I think Halo 3 will sell at least 50% more than GTA

SengIV
07-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Halo 3 will say so many more copies than GTA. GTA is good and all, but Halo 3 is a much huger francise than GTA will ever be.

stimmy2011
07-09-2007, 06:29 PM
the only reason that gta sold more that halo 2 is becauseit is on muliple platform. somewhere up above someone said that gta sold 12 million and halo 2 sold 8 million. thats 8 million xbox and gta sold around 4 million xbox and 8 million ps2 so do not judge from sales. halo 3 all the way. ps ps2 and ps3 sucks

twelvegoats
07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
why does it matter which one will outsell the other, they both are/will be great games when they do come out

xTHSx Rascal
07-10-2007, 06:16 PM
GTA owns the fick out of halo 3 i i played halo 2 until i got 360 but i think bungie have ruined halo 1 2 exelent but beta blowed i was dissapointed when i played it now a gta demo would be great! i think all gta's have owned! ps would'nt minnd seeing a saints row2 :D

Comon ST
07-10-2007, 06:31 PM
I know Halo 3 is going to outsell everything, but I wont pick up Halo 3 till Christmas. But Im FOR SURE getting GTA IV launch day, or close to launch day, as it looks FREAKIN' amazing.

zdarko43
07-11-2007, 03:22 PM
GTA owns the fick out of halo 3 i i played halo 2 until i got 360 but i think bungie have ruined halo 1 2 exelent but beta blowed i was dissapointed when i played it now a gta demo would be great! i think all gta's have owned! ps would'nt minnd seeing a saints row2 :D

beta is not a demo. its simply a build that has thousands of bugs less than alpha stages.

they put the beta version out so then people will play test this game, and hopefully report positive / negative feedback on certain aspects of the game back to microsoft.

if you play any "beta" version of any game, ever, you'd come to realise that 95% of the time, its going to suck. because its not the final product.;)

louishewitt
07-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Gta it's a lot funner

o0EVIL0o x360a
07-12-2007, 04:52 PM
I was a PS2 Gamer because it was a better system than the xbox1 overall. (More good games) When the 360 came out it was the best and I found out that Sony was selling the PS3 for $600 I bought the xbox 360 instead. I passed up on Halo because it was an xbox only title. So I am a GTA gamer, basically. Now that I have a 360 and GTA4 is coming to my system so I will buy that and NOT Halo 3. I wonder how many other gamers were in my situation. And I wonder if this is what M$ was thinking about when they paid 50 Million dollars to Rockstar.

There are a ton of formerly PS2 fans that are now xbox 360 fans and they are all GTA fans. I don't know if that makes any sense but it sounded right in my head before I typed it. lol Anyways, it's something to think about and M$ knows that. I think GTA4 will sell more on the 360 alone than Halo 3.

xJoex
07-12-2007, 05:44 PM
There are a ton of formerly PS2 fans that are now xbox 360 fans and they are all GTA fans.

Fits my description exactly. As for the topics question, it's got to be GTA because its multi platform. But just on 360, it's hard but I think Halo would edge it because its...well...Halo.

Wreckon Dracgon
07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
As much as I love GTA, and I'd love for it to outsell Halo which I think is so, so, so, overrated. Halo will win hands down. Maybe three or four years down the road when PS3 has a larger installed base, then maybe. The numbers as they stand now just don't favor GTA IV winning and here's why. Everyone that I know that has a PS3 like myself also has an Xbox 360. And a poll of all 12 of them confirms they will all be buying GTA IV for Xbox 360.... why simple "we're all achievement whores".

Webby, you like I will surely be getting Halo 3 whether we like it or not. The same can't be said for all those Halo 12 year olds who don't appreciate the finer points of Pimping IV Style. This fact will further deplete the PS3 sales numbers because we're all buying Halo 3 as well. Thus making the PS3's installed base not much of a factor in the race. With over 5 million 360's in the hands of customers and only a little over 1 million PS3's it's not even going to be close. Now come next year after more people have PS3's and all the 12-year olds have graduated grade school GTA IV should be the best seller.

But let's not argue people because Mass Effect looks better than both.

zdarko43
07-12-2007, 07:07 PM
why does it matter which one will outsell the other, they both are/will be great games when they do come out
or so we can only hope!! haha. watch, they come out and completely bomb. that would shatter so many peoples dreams.

TriesButFails
07-12-2007, 10:46 PM
It'll be close but I think Halo 3 will sell more but just by a few hundred copies......

Rand al Thor 19
07-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Guys, guys, guys....... I can't believe Halo is winning the poll. There must be alot of Halo fanboys on this site who have no idea how really big GTA is. GTA is a much bigger franchise than Halo worldwide and is selling on two platforms. Halo 3 has 0% at outselling GTA.

Pubert32
07-13-2007, 01:50 AM
i think it will be close... Halo3 might pull ahead

KaBo0kiE
07-13-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm standing by Halo 3 without a doubt...

Graham31004
07-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Halo 3 is going to break all time single game sold records.

I ECSTASY I
07-15-2007, 09:40 PM
I think that Halo 3 will outsell GTA IV at first for a short while, but GTA IV will sell more overall since it's multi-platform

Graham31004
07-17-2007, 10:33 AM
I think that Halo 3 will outsell GTA IV at first for a short while, but GTA IV will sell more overall since it's multi-platform

I will agree with that.

XxLUC41xX
07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
halo 3 all the way

Guamon
07-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm guessing it will be a very close race because of what Ecstasy said.

Dave
07-18-2007, 03:41 AM
i think halo 3 will win cause around here it seems everyone is talking about it more, but im still gonna get both

McQBallPlayer17
07-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Grand Theft Auto is gay and always will be gay...sorry...but i don't see the greatness about it...

jarhead1990
07-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Tussell...you're silly. And uhm Halo 3 will sell more on 360 fo shizzle.

I'm more excited for GTA 4 but i still pre-ordered Halo 3 and not GTA 4. Word from the wise if you havn't pre-ordered H3 do it now!

Vampire x360a
07-20-2007, 02:44 PM
halo 3 will be better, never been a gta fan

TrembL
07-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Well the few million is a bit high. But GTA IV will end up winning because of the multi-platform. As far as 360 alone...that will go to Halo 3 no doubt. At a local GameStop, Halo 3 has 250 reserves and GTA IV is at 50. There is nothing that can compete with Halo 3 one on one. And Grand Theft Auto is probably the only series that can compete two on one.

EL_A550_WIPEO
07-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Grand Theft Auto is gay and always will be gay...sorry...but i don't see the greatness about it...

Ok heres what you do. Go rob a store, then jump in your car and run over 74 people, then get your jetpack out of the trunk and fly up to the top of a building, now get in your jet or "hydra" and fly away. Once you fail I guarantee you will be slamming your head against the bars, mumbling to yourself "I should have done it on GTA, I should have done it on GTA, STUPID STUPID STUPID."

JacePro
07-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Halo 3 is my vote. My explanation might be bias because I'm a Halo fanatic but I believe it will because Halo 3 has so much to offer. Sure, It has a new campaign that will end the story line from the first 3 Games. Lets face it, a lot of people would like to know how it ends. H3 will have achievements which will excite all of us (I'm sure) but the online play will keep you hooked. The Halo series is known to have phenomenal Live game play which we experienced a taste of in the Beta. However, in sells of the game itself, my guess is that they'll both have high numbers. None the less, I still side with H3

PackedMicrobe
07-23-2007, 01:48 AM
i guess halo 3 but gta iv will be very close to halo3's sales number...

Fenrir767
07-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Halo 3 all the way

artvandel4y
07-23-2007, 05:43 AM
The 2 million ps3 purchases for this will tip the scales. GTA 4 has more mass appeal. Granted, mass appeal is not the same as appeal to gamers, but with everyone on two consols buying a game instead of everybody on one. Though it as a real loser of a console with worse graphics, we can't rule them out. I personally can't wait for GTA 4, but sure, I'll buy Halo3, it's just my preference because I'm only mediocre at shooters.
Both are legeneds of videogames integrated into American culture, but halo's nerdy roots alienate it from those of us who didn't read the books and instead played GTA knockoffs. GTA embodies the American dream, blowing shit up with no consequences and sometimes getting paid for it. Science fiction sucks, so by extension, so does everything but the gameplay of halo 3.

OPPNYC1
07-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Very tough match up. Halo will win the xbox audience and GTA3 will win the ps3 audience. We'll have to see. I would go with Halo 3 though.

goblue1590
07-23-2007, 06:43 AM
Halo 3 will only for the fact that all of the halos have been hits not GTA's

RedBlinky
07-23-2007, 07:32 PM
I think on the Xbox 360 halo 3 will sell way more but multi-platformers win although maybe PC sells for halo 3 will be enough to make it sell more than GTA's mutli-platform approach...

I think opening week sales will definately go to halo though....

VaRIABLE SoUL
07-25-2007, 06:19 AM
I hope Halo sells more but GTA will probably edge out the sales war.

I'm grabbin both so i support both games :P

SFI RACING
07-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Are talking on both systems or just xbox games only because that will have a big factor in who sells more. If it goes simply off of xbox games only then halo but off both systems then gta. Just think if halo was on ps3 as well then you would all be saying halo would win hands down.

bocaj_nottap
07-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Just on 360? Halo. All platforms? GTA.

Overall? Madden.:p

Lonsta DaMonsta
07-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I sadly put in hundreds of hours into Halo 2. I will not make the same mistake of wasting a whole year of my life with Halo 3. I whole-heartedly hope that GTA4 will outsell Halo 3 on the 360 alone. I know it'll outsell Halo all together combining all platforms. I can't stand how overrated it is... I really can't.

teh x3nomorph
07-26-2007, 04:04 PM
GTA will outsell Halo 3 in my opinion.

The entire reason for pushing the Halo 3 release date ahead was to grab all those new 360 customers to buy GTA for the 360 instead of the PS3.

It has a huge fan base, and if we are going to include the PS3 sales, then I don't think that Halo 3 will edge them out.

Halo 3 is going to be big, but with the disapointment that Halo 2 was, it will be interesting to see how Halo 3 does within the first 24 hours of release.

JesusBread
07-26-2007, 04:34 PM
It depends. 360 only or 360 + PS3? If it's 360 only, Halo 3 will win. If its 360 + PS3 then GTA will win.

o7-Jordan-o8
07-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Nope sadly i think The 1 and Only halo 3 will sell more than GTA i mean so many ppl want to end the fight and well i really wanna kik so elite ass on a real halo 360 game :eek::D

Rizzo718
07-31-2007, 01:02 AM
i voted Halo 3 (based on the assumption that we're talking only about XBOX 360 sales and no other console)

xDisarMx
07-31-2007, 01:07 AM
GTA IV. Simply because it is cross platform.

AJCT1992
07-31-2007, 02:00 PM
I jus reckon halo 3 coz everyone i speak to bout upcoming releases has been crazy bout finishing the fight:uzi:and plus the gta games have been dragged on to much they need to take serious changes ............AJCT1992!

Pieface
07-31-2007, 02:26 PM
I reckon GTA will sell more over all consoles but just the 360 is a tough call, just have to wait and see

Dstrukt
07-31-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm gonna go with Halo 3 simply because of its hype

Exane22
07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Its a tough call bc H3 comes first, and in all honesty not as many people own a ps3. It will come down to how many people are going to drop H3 for GTA4. The real question is if you had to go with one or the other, which would you pick?

teh x3nomorph
07-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Im not a fan of the GTA series, so I know that I wont be buying it. My friend LOVES it, so I plan on at least trying it out at his house.

Im excited about Halo 3, but Im not too excited about it, I don't want Halo 2 part 2 in my dissapointment book.

richie0331
07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
halo will sell more on the 360 but GTA IV will sell more overall b/c it's cross-platform

TimmayTheTurtle
07-31-2007, 05:52 PM
halo will sell more on the 360 but GTA IV will sell more overall b/c it's cross-platform

took the words right out of my mouth

pongsifu
08-01-2007, 01:39 AM
GTA has always outsold Halo, but as for which will be better, we'll have to wait a few months and see.

DoM cAbAn
08-01-2007, 02:24 AM
I'd say Grand Theft Auto IV. Even though it will be pretty close, I'd say that Grand Theft Auto IV will come out ahead.

JoHnOfDaDeAd
08-01-2007, 03:02 AM
is he serious about this poll lol??? i guess those saying gta were joking....all my halo 2 buddies are buying a 360 now cuz of halo 3....gta will get publicity, but halo pwns it for sure

Vista
08-01-2007, 03:08 AM
For Xbox 360 only-Halo3

For all platforms-GTA IV

boo516
08-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Gta will outsell Halo 3 because of it being cross platform.

Lunacy182
08-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I would like to think GTA would out sell Halo 3, but I think Halo has a bigger following then GTA does.
I know I'm going to be buying GTA IV and renting halo 3, just because I don't want to be let down like with Halo 2.

Ho5tiLe D
08-01-2007, 08:22 PM
halo 3 no contest

pongsifu
08-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Halo 1 and 2 were on xbox and pc while the GTA titles were on PS2 and PC and GTA outsold them by far.

Daggermn
08-02-2007, 10:31 PM
When I thought this through, I came to the conclusion that GTA IV will outsell Halo 3. I think that worldwide sales it will definately be GTA IV. As for 360 sales, I think that GTA will still outsell Halo. Before you send hired hit men to kill me, hear me out.

Back on the last gen, everyone had a PS2 because it came out first and over the years, many bought an xbox. Now that Microsoft released the xbox360 first, not that many people have PS3s yet(not until better games come out or a price drop). I think that the format that will sell the most GTA IV will be the xbox360 followed by PC followed by PS3. All the poeple that had GTA games on PS2 most likely have a 360 now and will be buying it on that system. So by my logic, most of the fans of GTA series from the PS2 will buy it on 360 and all of the fans of GTA on the original xbox will buy it on the 360.

I just think that people want more than a FPS. I think that GTA will outsell halo. But thats my opinion.

Rand al Thor 19
08-02-2007, 11:47 PM
With the delay of GTA 4, I think Halo 3 now has a better chance to outsell GTA4.

artvandel4y
08-03-2007, 04:45 AM
I think GTA 4 will sell more copies. With it's spring release, it has less competition and will be a much more refined and polished game. From what I have heard seen an read, it will revolutionize the genre, where as Halo 3 will merely be a great shooter, but more like it will come. The depth and polish of GTA 4 which promises hundreds of hours of awesomeness will make it be way better than Halo 3.

RedBlinky
08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
GTA is a much, much bigger franchise that Halo. I know Halo fanboys all like think that Halo is the be all and end all of video games but it's not even the most popular franchise in the America let alone the world. Lets look at sales numbers: Halo 2 sold 8 million worldwide..... GTA: San Andreas sold 15 million worldwide with only 2 million coming from the Xbox which means that San Andreas sold 13 million units on the PS2. There is reason why M$ game Rockstar a shit-ton of money(kinda funny when you think that M$ turned down GTA III and then Sony picked it up)... and that's all the new gamers GTA will bring to the 360. In fact, I think that this year GTA IV is more important to M$ than Halo 3. Chew on that.

Theres a reason GTA sold so few on the xbox and so many on the ps2 is lack of solid ps2 offerings in comparison to the original xbox IMO. I never played my ps2 there were never any good games (few exception god of war was great) so when a decent game like GTA comes around they all jump on it. If halo had been released on the ps2 it would have easily sold another 10-15 million copies...

x2d4 Billamusx
08-04-2007, 05:34 AM
Yeah, when you are dealing with 2 blockbuster titles and only one is multi-platform then logically you would have to put your money on the multi-platform. Simple economics: more platforms=more units sold.

hopesfall2win
08-04-2007, 03:19 PM
I think GTA 4 will sell more copies. With it's spring release, it has less competition and will be a much more refined and polished game. From what I have heard seen an read, it will revolutionize the genre, where as Halo 3 will merely be a great shooter, but more like it will come. The depth and polish of GTA 4 which promises hundreds of hours of awesomeness will make it be way better than Halo 3.

I think GTA's delay will do nothing but help Halo sell _more_ because it will be THE game now with no competition for a while. Plus i've never been a fan of Gta games ;)
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES (http://www.motorcycle-tech.com/tires/motorcycle-tires)

aswipe21
08-04-2007, 03:37 PM
My money is on Halo3.

Zidane2chest
08-05-2007, 05:14 AM
Alright didn't take the time to see if anyone else asked this but are you talking about GTA on all systems or just on the 360. But I know for a fact that Halo 3 already has more reserves and more hyping coming into the launch. Plus Halo comes out before GTA which could make some sort of difference.

monlienNH3
08-05-2007, 08:53 AM
I think Halo 3 will probably sell more on 360, but GTA IV will sell more copies overall due to multiplatform. It may have been tougher on GTA if it was still coming out this year, but not by much.

eskarid
08-05-2007, 09:18 AM
halo 3 when it is only on the 360, multiplatform GTA4 will sell more

M7.Ninja
08-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't think GTA will ever outsell Halo 3. It's getting a larger marketing campaign and fanfare months before it's been released.

I'm not saying GTA4 is a bad game. I'm just saying it's coming out in a time where giants are dominant: Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Mass Effect...

Let's face it, all those games promise fresh gameplay, and for all I know GTA4 is simply GTA3 with a facelift.

TOXICtheWORLD
08-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I Think Halo 3 Will Sell More Then GTA-IV Because Everyone in my Friendlist is Playing Halo 2 Right Now to Become better for halo 3

M7.Ninja
08-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I Think Halo 3 Will Sell More Then GTA-IV Because Everyone in my Friendlist is Playing Halo 2 Right Now to Become better for halo 3There are some things in Halo 3 you cannot possibly prepare for before you actually play the game. Still, I'm guilty of using that same excuse your friends do to play more Halo 2.

o0EVIL0o x360a
08-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Does anyone else think that the delay of GTA4 is going to alter these polls?? GTA4 is no longer being released at the same time as a slew of other popular games. I think that will increase it's sales personally...

austin rules
08-07-2007, 12:47 AM
if you could play halo 3 on ps2, ps3, xbox, and all the other consoles im almost positive it would sell more but since it is only being sold in Xbox 360 i highly doubt it will sell more then Grand Theft Auto 4... although if GTA against halo 3 in only xbox 360 sales only- halo 3 would definately win

Confin3d
08-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Halo 3 of course. Halo 3 is the game that will pwn all!

da voodoo child
08-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Halo 3 gonna sell more than every game except MAYBE COD 4

Mirksta
08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
defo GTA IV: it'll be on the ps3 too remember? But if you meant x360 only, then halo 3 would win.

BackerMan
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
I think it's going to be too close but Grand Theft Auto 4 will get more money from both, PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm looking forward to both games. I have high expect for GTA 4 than Halo 3.

Senor
08-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Well, it will be close. But I say Halo 3. There are a lot more Halo fanboys who will by more then 1 copy for collectors value. Plus, the hype for Halo 3 is far greater then GTA IV. But I will be getting GTA and playing it more then Halo3.