PDA

View Full Version : Game Info

Shaaady Souljah
06-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Saboteur separates itself from the pack of WWII games out of the gate with its story. Whereas the majority of WWII games cast you in the role of a soldier fighting in the Allied forces, Saboteur casts you as an average Irish dude named Sean. Though the war is a bummer for those in Europe, Sean was basically OK with it until a fateful day when friends of his were murdered by German forces. However, the tragic events don't inspire the rough-and-ready Irishman to enlist and become part of the war effort. Turns out, Sean's motivations are a bit more "focused." Rather than try and do his part to take down the Axis forces, Sean's goal in the game is to take revenge on the Germans who took out his friends. One in particular seems destined for a special kind of murdering when the time comes.

The basic framework of the game is third-person action. You'll guide Sean on his run of revenge through, above, and around the streets of Paris. You'll be able to pick up weapons and drive vehicles as needed to ensure you get your job done. Sean's lack of formal training will influence the game's action, as he'll be a little rough around the edges and more improvisational than your typical soldier. The stealth elements in the game range from your standard sneaking around rooftops to avoid being seen to, of course, murdering quietly. One of the interesting stealth aspects is that in some cases, you'll need to quickly blend in with the crowds, so you might have to grab an unsuspecting lady and make out to keep from being discovered.

Saboteur is looking like a promising action game that may just offer a decidedly different World War II experience. The game seems like it should be a good showcase for what Pandemic does well--open-world gameplay, third-person action, big explosions, and slick tech. At the same time, the stealth elements seem to flesh out what's been tried in Mercenaries. The dynamic world and the color mechanic are also pretty interesting and should further help the game stand out if they're worked in properly. There's a considerable amount of potential here, especially given Pandemic's recent track record, so we're aching to see how it all comes together. Saboteur is currently slated to ship on next-gen consoles next year. Look for more on the game in the coming months.

GAMEPLAY DETAILS TO FOLLOW...

The Midnight Q
01-28-2008, 09:56 PM
I read an article about like this a really long time a go but it sounds awesome

Bondfan626
03-11-2008, 11:58 PM
:)like an assassins creed set in world war 2 :confused:, except with guns and melee instead of sword play.

happy42gilmore
09-14-2008, 08:20 PM
anybody have any idea when this is suppose to come out?

Danteveli
01-20-2009, 09:15 PM
no idea but i have been waiting for it for some time because idea sounds great

Redskinsfan26
03-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I remember hearing about this game a long time ago in a gaming magazine and it sounded really interesting. I'll be keeping an eye out on this game.

Gumby™
07-10-2009, 02:10 AM
GI announced this a good bit ago in the same issue that they announed the Ghost Busters game. It was meant for 2008, but I suppose it's been delayed. Can't wait for the release.

p-willy52j-morgan84
08-23-2009, 05:40 PM
The E3 videos looked great.

A 2rue boofer
10-09-2009, 03:31 PM
This game does look amazing. I love the looks of it so far.

Stienfeast9
10-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Played a level of this game at comic con, Awesome. They really pulled out the stops the feel and everything is awesome.

Desmondo2000
11-06-2009, 02:49 PM
I just watched a trailer for this game it looks awesome great use of colour, had to laugh at the dodgy Irish accent though maybe they should have gotten a real irishman or somebody who can do the accent well cause yer man sounded like a leprechaun lol anyways really looking forward to this game never get tired of killing nazis arf!

Gradusnic
12-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Awesome game

AirborneRichard
12-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Game release date is set for 8th of december in europe and i,m sure people in the US regions will get it a bit earlier i,m not totaly sure but i think it was 3th or 4th of december ;) And indeed it was been pushed back then but now its coming out realy soon!
I,m just happy EA still let Pandemic release that after i heared they closing Pandemic studios down :( Just imagine they canceled this at the last minute! I most def never would touch an EA game ever again haha!

Barad
12-03-2009, 06:36 PM
isn't it the other way round as the UK get it on the 4th and US on the 8th of december? maybe I'm wrong but anyway this game sounds awesome!

CLB Fight Club
12-06-2009, 04:45 PM
The Saboteur looks really interesting, i love the Sin City style graphics and the game doesn't seem too serious which i think is good news.

Velocity Exe
12-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Definetly getting this soon.

alexster47
12-20-2009, 03:03 PM
This game is like gta in ww2

http://card.mygamercard.net/FournierFortune.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/FournierFortune)

Pesantissimo
03-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Got my 1000Gs today...well... aswome game... cool and different atmosphere

couldn't imagine to be able to stand it so long...usually a game like this gets REALLY boring

I'm actually sad that I'm done :D

SamsDaddy
07-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Working on the 1000 right now and digging the atmosphere of the game, definitely different.

chris lailo
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Is this game really worth the money? I'm wondering whether to buy it or not... but I do already have all the Assassin's Creeds.

krok8
10-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Is this game really worth the money? I'm wondering whether to buy it or not... but I do already have all the Assassin's Creeds.

For 20$, I'll say yes, it worth the money!