PDA

View Full Version : For anyone still on the fence about this game.

cobhc1451
04-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, I had the pleasure of playing the demo last night finally (on ps3, I know bummer right?). I thought I would put some helpful insight into the game if there is anybody wondering about the game or are on the fence about getting it. First off, this game is NOTHING like Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe for those skeptical. There is lots of blood, gore, and the characters even retain cosmetic damage through both rounds of your fight. Now, from my experience with the demo, the game is shaping up to be very solid. They did exactly what they said they were going to do, and that was bring back the classic MK, and they did just that. I have to say the combat is very smooth in contrast of how I thought it would be and all your special moves (Scorpion's spear or Sub-Zero's Ice) are just like you did them in the glory days, same controls and all! The new engine is very cool, you can string together some crazy combos and the like. Don't be alarmed by the words "new engine." It is the same good 'ol 2D MK, just with a revamped fighting engine to allow more "freedom" to an extent. Obviously, the graphics and the stages are beautiful and really add shine to the gameplay. The new X-ray attacks look awesome, and you can even perform enhanced versions of your special moves. (Ex. Scorpion's spear can be made into a Flame Spear) I wish I could cover other modes, but the demo only lets you play 3-4 fights in arcade mode before its over. The sound is very appealing, with old school stage themes and great voice acting, and the crunching of bones in the X-ray attacks! I just hope this can help some people that are interested in the game, but are on the fence due to not being able to play the demo personally, or from the previous MK vs DC game. Its old school 2D Mortal Kombat, with a new-age twist that doesn't compromise what the game is all about. Hope to see you guys online! Just 6 days left!

ShaolinShadow
04-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Nice glad to here it is nothing like MKVSDC thats gotta be the worse games I played fighting wise

grimlock444
04-13-2011, 07:37 PM
I've also gotten my hands on the demo, the gameplay was tight but it was just a taste and left me craving for more.

cobhc1451
04-14-2011, 01:45 AM
I've also gotten my hands on the demo, the gameplay was tight but it was just a taste and left me craving for more.

I know exactly what you mean! The demo was such a tease! :P haha

danksch
04-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Nice to hear, though I'm not one of those MKvsDCU haters anyway, who threw away the game instantly because it had no gruesome fatalities - was a fine game actually, smooth gameplay and diversive cast, plus an still active online community.

lich123
04-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Nice to hear, though I'm not one of those MKvsDCU haters anyway, who threw away the game instantly because it had no gruesome fatalities - was a fine game actually, smooth gameplay and diversive cast, plus an still active online community.

same here, i quite enjoyed playing MKvsDC. in fact i still play it. :woop:

Suiken
04-15-2011, 01:34 AM
The game looks solid. My only concern is the netcode at this point.