PDA

View Full Version : 20gb > Slim Upgrade (via USB?)

tims
04-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Hey there. I saw somewhere on CAG that Gamestop is going to be having a trade-in deal for $100 towards a slim with your old 360. My plan is to trade-in my 360 (which barely reads discs) for the 4gb Kinect system, give in to laziness and spend an extra $10 for the official 250gb hdd from buy.com, and have my sister put her $120 for the kinect she wants, costing me ~$160 for the upgrade.

First of all, is that a decent enough deal or does anyone know of any other deals I could take advantage of to get it cheaper? And secondly, is it possible to migrate all game saves from my 20gb hdd to the 250gb hdd at once? I was reading somewhere that USB transfer works now but the text seemed to point toward migrating one save at a time or something (which hardly makes sense).

Thanks for any help.

tre peezy092
04-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Hey there. I saw somewhere on CAG that Gamestop is going to be having a trade-in deal for $100 towards a slim with your old 360. My plan is to trade-in my 360 (which barely reads discs) for the 4gb Kinect system, give in to laziness and spend an extra $10 for the official 250gb hdd from buy.com, and have my sister put her $120 for the kinect she wants, costing me ~$160 for the upgrade.

First of all, is that a decent enough deal or does anyone know of any other deals I could take advantage of to get it cheaper? And secondly, is it possible to migrate all game saves from my 20gb hdd to the 250gb hdd at once? I was reading somewhere that USB transfer works now but the text seemed to point toward migrating one save at a time or something (which hardly makes sense).

Thanks for any help.
if you have a handy dandy file transfer cable from microsoft or a third party manufacturer then all you do is plug your old hard in it and plug the cable in and go into memory and transfer the data

TuMaBlAcK
04-14-2011, 12:24 AM
If you got a little flash drive/memory stick that has enough memory to hold your game saves and such then you can put it all on the memory stick and once you purchase your new console just plug it in and move whatever's on the flashdrive to your new console, which is what I did instead paying $20 for the transfer cable( and sorry if my description is kind of terrible if you'd like me to explain something a little more then I'll try my best LOL).

tims
04-14-2011, 01:46 AM
If you got a little flash drive/memory stick that has enough memory to hold your game saves and such then you can put it all on the memory stick and once you purchase your new console just plug it in and move whatever's on the flashdrive to your new console, which is what I did instead paying $20 for the transfer cable( and sorry if my description is kind of terrible if you'd like me to explain something a little more then I'll try my best LOL).

Nah, this was exactly what I was looking for. Just confirming that it could be done this way, thanks.

ZackNovak
04-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Hey there. I saw somewhere on CAG that Gamestop is going to be having a trade-in deal for $100 towards a slim with your old 360.

Do you know when this is going to start? Because I am also ready to upgrade.

ZackNovak
04-14-2011, 03:38 AM
Edit: Accidentally double posted.

Worhammer
04-14-2011, 02:33 PM
IIRC, they give you 24 hours to bring in the HDD after you buy your new console. So call them and find out if that's possible - if it is, buy the HDD first, then buy the console & bring back the HDD for your 20G.

DragonsGoMOO
04-30-2011, 06:37 AM
So I am understanding (I don't want to create new thread or anything) that if I have a flashdrive, I can plug it into my brother's Elite, take a saved game file, and then put it onto my Xbox (pro I think) no problem?

Tried googling it, but it just wants me to buy a special transfer cord.

If I am able to do that, then I'll finally be able to play my saved game files from his Xbox on mine. (I live with dad, he lives with mom, 2 hours drive, so yeah)