PDA

View Full Version : Painting Xbox Controller?

leeingham
04-14-2011, 03:05 PM
hi guys,

one of my controller wont work so I intend to take the shell off and repaint it. Anyone have any forums or guides that are fool proof they have used?

InfamousVuk
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
YouTube - How To Disassemble an Xbox 360 Controller - By MyCustomXbox

It's not that hard even without it.
And to paint/color it, just use a can spray. just make sure the color is for plastic.

Agent Aero
04-14-2011, 03:36 PM
If your controller doesn't work then why would you paint it..? Just for fun, or in an attempt to fix it?

leeingham
04-14-2011, 03:40 PM
If your controller doesn't work then why would you paint it..? Just for fun, or in an attempt to fix it?

Paint in and then if it looks crap just bin it lol. I think something on the PCB has gone as it wont charge up no matter what I do so I will paint this one and then transfer this shell onto a working pcb etc

J0shUK
04-14-2011, 03:48 PM

Magic Paint. ;)

RuYi
04-14-2011, 05:55 PM
hi guys,

one of my controller wont work so I intend to take the shell off and repaint it. Anyone have any forums or guides that are fool proof they have used?
Most important is to use thin layers of paint, regardless of how much you want to see the end result.
The rest of it is pretty fool proof, even I can do it (http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/071/e/6/e6a7215028865c709be46ba1e4aaed33.png). OvO

Frasr
04-14-2011, 07:25 PM
YouTube - How to paint your X Box 360 Controller !DONT TRY THIS!

similar technique for if you want to paint your xbox console aswell:
YouTube - How to paint your X Box 360 console. !DONT TRY THIS!

HuMuRoUs
04-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Remember after painting you will have to protect the paint with primer? Don't know if this is the right thing so someone could correct me, after a while the natural oils on your hands will start to ware the paint and the end result will look shmeet :(

i NatrlKilla i
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Remember after painting you will have to protect the paint with primer? Don't know if this is the right thing so someone could correct me, after a while the natural oils on your hands will start to ware the paint and the end result will look shmeet :(

Primer's used to give an even surface for the paint a surface to stick to. You want to use lacquer to protect it, and it should also give it a nice shine :)

mini0mk
04-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Does anyone know where I can design one then get it made for me?

branishere
04-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Does anyone know where I can design one then get it made for me?

do it yourself.
it's not customaztion if someone else is doing it for you.
anyways you should have fun painting it?r

Snowwwwy
04-15-2011, 01:13 AM
I wouldnt repaint my controller. Probs would be a mass fail for me.. Id just go down to the store and buy a new controller.. but thats just me.

TAI JASON
04-15-2011, 06:10 AM
I put my Xbox and controllers to pieces every month. Just to get out the dirt (the xbox vantilations) and fit up the controlls (stick/button connection)

Itīs very easy if you do this a few times. Very simple construction after all and easy to learn.

Snowwwwy
04-15-2011, 07:23 AM
I put my Xbox and controllers to pieces every month. Just to get out the dirt (the xbox vantilations) and fit up the controlls (stick/button connection)

Itīs very easy if you do this a few times. Very simple construction after all and easy to learn.
You should feel special, I usually cant understand people with broken English, but I understand what point your trying to make most times.

Keirris
04-15-2011, 07:26 AM
I Agree With Them ^ But Remember When your doing it Make sure to add the Coating of Sealant or else it Will Smudge and Mess the Shell up!

roygroupie
10-08-2013, 06:24 PM
hi guys,

Heres a video of what I did for my friends controller:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyWVwGblKqU

My youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoyGroupie

Akuza
10-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Paint in and then if it looks crap just bin it lol. I think something on the PCB has gone as it wont charge up no matter what I do so I will paint this one and then transfer this shell onto a working pcb etc

surely if it looks good, it would be cheaper to fix the already coloured controller..