PDA

View Full Version : playing story mode with 4 controllers

brokenaesthetic
04-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I can confirm that playing story mode with 4 controllers works 100%. I have just finished it using a similar method as in my thread here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=305350. The only difference between methods for story and VS modes is during the story you don't have to drop out player 2 before each game ends, just leave the other controllers and win each game. This is because you can't unlock gold medals in story, has to be in party play modes. Both achievements 'Happily Ever After' and 'Story Superstar' will unlock for a total of 90G during the end video clip. Makes things easier and quicker, although its not hard to finish story on easy with one controller. Hope this helps! (to get most of the area specific achievements you have to finish all mini games in party play)

Y O D A
04-15-2011, 12:03 PM
You are sure this is working? I'm playing story mode right now, I got the achievements for finishing the first location but not the second and third.

Does the achievements undlock very late for anyone else?

brokenaesthetic
04-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Hey man, yeah I'm 100% positive. See, the game is made up of just over 40 mini games, while there are only 30 random mini games in story mode. as you progress through the VS modes and finish all mini games in party play, the rest of the achievements will unlock. I promise you lol

Y O D A
04-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks, for a second I thought the game glitch on me. I got achievements for the first and foruth location, but you say it's completely random?

brokenaesthetic
04-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Well, I know some games were different when I played it second time round, but that could be something to do with the fact I played first time on easy with 1 controller, and second time I forgot to change the difficulty from hard. I didn't notice a difference in difficulty because I used the 4 controller method the second time through.

The Bees Knees
04-17-2011, 08:37 PM
:mad: Story Superstar isn't unlocking for me.

Just completed my second playthrough with 3 additional controllers. Got 1st place on all individual minigames and it didn't pop at all.

First time on easy, second time on hard.

I'm NOT going through Story mode a 3rd time, what a waste. Sent back to Gameplay.

omen66
04-18-2011, 01:33 AM
:mad: Story Superstar isn't unlocking for me.

Just completed my second playthrough with 3 additional controllers. Jot 1st place on all individual minigames and it didn't pop at all.

First time on easy, second time on hard.

I'm NOT going through Story mode a 3rd time, what a waste.
This happened to me aswell. I'm guessing that when there's a draw and it goes to a tie-break mini game and your not in it so you can't win it it counts as you lost a mini game. Just a guess though so i could be wrong as I just went through for a third time against 3 AI on easy with no tie-break mini game and finally got the achievement. Just the marathon achievement and I'm done with this boring piece of shit.

andimeadz
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
when it finally poped for me it did include the suddend death bomb tosses. sorry to through a spaner in the works..

it didnt work first time but worked second, after i restarted the fruit stands bit because i cant even beat myself at games.....

DTO Yop
05-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Just to notify that i got the Achievement for finish first in all mini games during the story, just by playing it normally with one controller, on EASY.
Twice during the game, the computre just started to play extremelly well, so before the clock ticked, i just dashboard the game (witch is saved 3 minigames by 3) and got back at it.
Achievement poped with no problem